Activating DVC Annual Pass

I understand that perks can come and go but that's not the case here. This perk is supposed to be exclusively for direct buyers and people who shouldn't be getting the perk are. If Disney changed the rules, then that would be a different situation than this.

There will always be a few people who get pixie dusted. No way around that.

Ultimately it’s up to a CM to decide if they will follow the rules or be extra special.

I was just pointing out that 99%of the reports are denials…

We still have 5 or 6 days left on our NE tickets so we'll probably activate them early next year on our March trip.

We still have 5 or 6 days left on our NE tickets so we'll probably activate them early next year on our March trip.
If you want to activate your annual pass and leave the NE tickets on your account, I would definitely pass by GS before entering the park to make sure the AP is set to highest priority....

If you want to activate your annual pass and leave the NE tickets on your account, I would definitely pass by GS before entering the park to make sure the AP is set to highest priority....
Actually I want to do the opposite and NOT activate the AP until next year after our NE tickets are done with.

Actually I want to do the opposite and NOT activate the AP until next year after our NE tickets are done with.
In which case I would still stop by GS or a ticket window to make sure the NE have highest priority! Especially if you're using them after park passes are not needed....

Their old NE tickets will still require park reservations.
do we know that for sure? date based tickets won't require park reservations - and they no longer sell NE tickets. Do we know how they will be handled? and do you trust Disney IT to handle them correctly?

do we know that for sure? date based tickets won't require park reservations - and they no longer sell NE tickets. Do we know how they will be handled? and do you trust Disney IT to handle them correctly?
From DisneyWorld.com:
Starting with visits on January 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. A date-based ticket requires you to choose a start date when you purchase.
For other admission types, theme park reservations may be required.

No Theme Park Reservation Required
  • Date-based 1-day ticket
  • Date-based multi-day ticket
  • Vacation package with date-based tickets
Theme Park Reservation Required
  • Student group tickets
  • Sport and Convention ticket
  • Annual Pass
  • All other ticket types not mentioned above
NE tickets would fall under "All other ticket types".

Are these passes activated on purchase or does the clock only start ticking on them on first use?

Just checking in to see if there are additional data points. We bought a pass for my MIL who will be moving in with us next month, but not sure if we'll be able to get a state ID in time (she doesn't drive) with the new address before our trip in two weeks. We might be able to provide proof of residency with some of her bills/healthcare stuff showing our address as a backup.

Just checking in to see if there are additional data points. We bought a pass for my MIL who will be moving in with us next month, but not sure if we'll be able to get a state ID in time (she doesn't drive) with the new address before our trip in two weeks. We might be able to provide proof of residency with some of her bills/healthcare stuff showing our address as a backup.

I know that bills with the same address with the owner work as proof, but it does seem that all passes are activated and have not needed to stop at GS before entering the park.

Since its been a month or so now, hoping to find someone in a similar situation as above that can post actual experience. all new passes, someone not listed on the deed... But could you just go straight to turnstile for activation of sorcerer pass? We are going in December and don't want to get slowed down for rope drop.

Since its been a month or so now, hoping to find someone in a similar situation as above that can post actual experience. all new passes, someone not listed on the deed... But could you just go straight to turnstile for activation of sorcerer pass? We are going in December and don't want to get slowed down for rope drop.
We activated three passes, all brand new, all at the tap style at International Gateway on 7/10. Only one of the three were on the deed, but all three were the same address in DVC (two are associate members) and on MDE.

However, there were two other parties who reported going through that same day. One also just tapped in, but apparently the other had to go to GS.

We had to take my kids to guest services a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it was because they were minors and/or not on the deed.

We activated three passes, all brand new, all at the tap style at International Gateway on 7/10. Only one of the three were on the deed, but all three were the same address in DVC (two are associate members) and on MDE.

However, there were two other parties who reported going through that same day. One also just tapped in, but apparently the other had to go to GS.
Argh Thank you. Seems hit or miss still.

Off topic but May I ask what makes someone an Associate member? Edited to add that I found that an associate is someone who can help manage reservations or bank points. So changing the question are associates required to enter their address when you set them up ?

Not sure why being an associate is related y to ops original pos unless your thinking that's why they could also go to the turnstile

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter