Adding fp after using.....

If you make all 3, you have to use all 3. However, you can choose to only make 1 or 2, then you have the option to make additional fast passes after the 1st or 2nd are used.

If you make all 3, you have to use all 3. However, you can choose to only make 1 or 2, then you have the option to make additional fast passes after the 1st or 2nd are used.
This only holds true if you aren't booking a duplicate ride or trying for another Tier 1.

In a Tiered park, all 3 Initial FPs must be used before attempting to book another Tier 1.

I was just thinking how ridiculous this is. Gives major advantages to anyone that rope drops. Book your first fast passes in the morning, use them or let 2 out of 3 expire and then if lucky get another tier one fast pass.

I was just thinking how ridiculous this is. Gives major advantages to anyone that rope drops. Book your first fast passes in the morning, use them or let 2 out of 3 expire and then if lucky get another tier one fast pass.

The truism "the early bird gets the worm" applies to so many things in life. That said, FPs booked early in the day are less valuable than those booked later, since standby lines are consistently shorter in the first hours after rope drop. I would hardly call this a "major advantage".

Just got back a few days ago and it was the first time we've been since you could add additional fastpasses after the 3rd. I will say it was awesome how many fastpasses were available in the afternoon. Most days our fastpasses were done around 3:00ish and we were still able to get some headliners- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Test Track, Soarin, Tower of Terror, along with a lot of secondary attractions.

It became an obsession of mine to check immediately after scanning in for our third fastpass.

If you're going to let two of the three expire, you wouldn't need to rope drop. Schedule your FP from 9-10, 10-11, and 11-12, making your 11-12 one the one you want to use. Show up at 11:55, use it, and schedule the 4th.
I don't think this is a "major advantage." But you could do it if you want to sleep in and only want to ride tier one rides.
People who rope drop are going to have the advantage of low wait times regardless of how they schedule their fast passes.

Not really. Sure, the early bird gets to ride more rides. But that's just simple math. Or maybe physics. However, you'd have three FP+ scheduled for the afternoon while they'd only be able to get one at a time. Is that really ridiculous?

This only holds true if you aren't booking a duplicate ride or trying for another Tier 1.

In a Tiered park, all 3 Initial FPs must be used before attempting to book another Tier 1.

Does this count if you only make 2? I only want Test Track and SPE on my epcot day and was hoping id be able to book frozen or another tier 1 after both fastpasses were used or are available ( im only booking two originally)

Does this count if you only make 2? I only want Test Track and SPE on my epcot day and was hoping id be able to book frozen or another tier 1 after both fastpasses were used or are available ( im only booking two originally)

Not in the same park, sorry.

You need to use these two and allow a Tier 2 to expire (or use it) to try for another Tier 1.

Please see the Addendum linked above.

You need to use these two and allow a Tier 2 to expire (or use it) to try for another Tier 1.

Please see the Addendum linked above.

I litterally JUST finished reading the post when you replied. Thank you for your comment :) I now have a plan to schedule my tier 2s before tier 1 at epcot :)

We have little kids, so our pace may be slower. Is it smarter to get 3 FPs for our must dos spread all over the park at spread out times, or should we just book all three as early as possible and roll with it?

We have little kids, so our pace may be slower. Is it smarter to get 3 FPs for our must dos spread all over the park at spread out times, or should we just book all three as early as possible and roll with it?

Personal preference. Schedule them however you think you'll want them.

Which park are we talking? For MK I'd do them early, but not too densely packed, you'll have plenty of options when they're done. For Epcot I'd spread them out, grab a Tier 1 for your most important, standby line your second most important (of the Tier 1s) early in the day and try your luck at the third. Basically the same for DHS, I can't say for DAK because I can't really stand the park and it's current FP selections are annoying me! :headache:

Matt

Even with a slower pace, the FP window is 1 hour long. You could schedule them back to back and easily make it. If you have 9-10 you could hit the ride at 9, and then with a FP from 10-11, depending on how long FP 1 ride takes you, you have around 90 minutes to make it to your second FP.

But you could definitely spread them out. So many options when it comes to scheduling FP's. Whatever works for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter