Admin Please Close Thread.

And a cleaning fee on top of that? Oy.....yeah once burned right?

Not even once burned. I just looked at the "house rules" and all the fees tacked on at the end, and just noped right on to Priceline!

If it was one or the other, fine, I might work with it. But both a cleaning fee AND a list of chores? Now yall just gettin greedy!

OMG right? Hey it will only cost you $300 for 4 nights but we'll charge you $700 in cleaning fees and by the way you need to strip the beds, start the laundry, make sure the dishwasher is full and empty your own trash.

And I wish I were kidding...... :scared:
The fees are ridiculous! We have stayed for years at a place that has several small cabins. Last year they decided to start Airbnb it instead. The nightly rate has now doubled with the fees. And the rules are crazy. We always washed our dishes before and I thought their fee of $25 for unwashed dishes was perfectly fine. Two years ago I even set mousetraps for them when we had a critter visit us (it happens, no big deal, they even thanked us for being understanding as the last person who saw one apparently ripped them. I got it. It is hard to control when the weather changes, etc). But now they have removed their longterm manager who would bend over backwards for you and replaced it with a management company who is terrible. Their reviews have went way down. I just don’t get it. We will miss staying here but have moved on to something new.

82 and sunny here today. 80% chance of snow of Sunday. 😂
Our normal temps aren’t expected until mid next week. Might be cold enough for a few flurries with the expected precipitation if it shows up. Today it is supposed to be about 85. I’m missing spring even though I love the heat of the summer.

Wait....I've been merrily reading along here- this is very entertaining and I thought the thread was actually closed but it's not???? I confess to skipping over a few(hundred) pages there in the middle..... And I was gonna answer about vacations in the middle class or whatever I'm supposed to be....my answer is "YES". (to the question, is it possible within @BeautyBeastAndNemo 's strict parameters.) IS this helpful?:laughing:
popcorn::

I've been enjoying looking at this every day, though I never did see the original post since the "Please close thread" was already up. I have to admit to curiosity as to how the original topic became such a trigger. But that's another topic.
I decided to chime in because after reading yesterday's additions, suddenly all my popup ads are for deals to Tahiti! I'm not clicking on any though so I can't verify whether it would classify as a budget trip.

Can I go wayyy off topic.......These commericals for title lock, so your house isn't stolen from you. Why is it, that you lose your house and it's not on the bank or whatever that gave the house away?
Our county property appraiser has started a notification service if your tuttis changed. It however is reactionary as it only triggers if it was changed. It at least lets you know to get on the paperwork trail to get whatever scammer is trying to steal your house or get money out of it by mortgaging it a lot sooner. Unfortunately this is a new scam that you can’t stop and just hope it doesn’t happen to you as it will be a huge hassle to untangle. It’s also happening with rental properties with fake leases and then they can’t get the “tenants” removed by the cops it has to go through the courts which can take months. It’s awful that we have to even think of all the ways we can be scammed.

Getting ready to drive back home from Tampa so my question today is do you make trip specific playlists? Since this trip was for Taylor swift my girls made a Taylor swift one, which I had to stop half way through as it was lulling me to sleep while driving. I myself have a 10 hour long Spotify playlist with some of my favorite songs that’s my go to when driving.

Getting ready to drive back home from Tampa so my question today is do you make trip specific playlists? Since this trip was for Taylor swift my girls made a Taylor swift one, which I had to stop half way through as it was lulling me to sleep while driving. I myself have a 10 hour long Spotify playlist with some of my favorite songs that’s my go to when driving.
I have a few playlists. My husband has been making travel playlists for our family since our children were young. They started on CDs and now Spotify. Now that our boys are older, my husband's one request for the holidays is for each of them to make him a playlist with their favorite songs of the past year.

I don't. I just station hop on SiriusXM and listen to whatever fits my mood at the time. My kids all have playlists to listen to during long drives, but I prefer the randomness of listening to "live" music.

Airbnb story - rented a very swanky new cabin in the mountains. Outrageously high cleaning fee.

The icing on the cake: a tip envelope for the cleaning crew (I WAS the cleaning crew lol) AND my daughter found a pair of handcuffs under the pull out living room couch.

Fun times :)

I'd put a note in the envelope; "I did a majority of the cleaning, so I will tip myself. Thank me very much!"

Airbnb story - rented a very swanky new cabin in the mountains. Outrageously high cleaning fee.

The icing on the cake: a tip envelope for the cleaning crew (I WAS the cleaning crew lol) AND my daughter found a pair of handcuffs under the pull out living room couch.

Fun times :)
Wow, that's pretty nervy! I would have left a note, "thanks for the tip!" and used your "tip money" (from yourself) to buy a nice lunch.

I don't do road trip playlists, but I know my younger two, especially, have playlists for everything. DS17 even whipped one out the other day, when his ballet teacher was looking for suggestions for a conditioning class (where you want something peppy and motivating). Given that both of my younger two play strings, their playlists are generally an interesting mix of pop songs, classical music, contemporary music played by string quartets, and the like. You never know what you're going to hear.

I much prefer hotels to Airbnbs. We did an Airbnb for a BIG bachelorette party and I was SO STRESSED about the check-out process with all those girls ... and I wasn't even the name on the reservation. Never again. :scared:

I have a "ROAD TRIPPIN" playlist of bops that you can sing along to and will keep me awake, lots of like ABBA and showtunes and yes, Disney on there. But I'm also a big podcast listener and podcasts and audiobooks are also great on long drives if you're solo (or maybe with one other person).

Not keeping up well (hey I’m on a European river cruise after 2 days in Amsterdam) but we love airbnb. Have used them all over -Budapest, Vienna, Dublin, London, in addition to Boston, Portland, San Francisco. Sometimes it is cheaper to book the same property on another platform, once I emailed a host because the place looked fantastic but there were very few reviews on Airbnb and they said to look at another site for reviews and we did book there.

My daughter is waiting for the U.K. tour dates to be announced. We saw her in Manchester a few years ago and she put on a brilliant show.

Not a wedding, but we've set my brother's memorial service for July 8. Why then? So we can tack it on to our family's vacation. Nothing like a good cremation to start off the fun!

Seriously, it's the only way my family of 6 can make it to a ceremony celebrating his life. And he's not going anywhere at this point.
We did this with my wife's 98 year old grandpa's funeral. We somehow turned it into an extended family beach resort trip
You can't have a funeral without fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter