Admit it, you've been that rude guest!

Years ago, my sister and I were getting off the boat we'd taken across the EPCOT lagoon; we were in a hurry because we were running late in meeting our parents and in-laws for dinner in Italy. As I tried stepping around a man pushing a wheelchair, he got into my way and I "tsked" briefly as I tried going around him. I realize that was rude, but boy did he go off on me. Not yelling, but in a very passive aggressive manner of loudly stating how rude some people are. I immediately apologized and went on my way, but he kept stating over and over, louder and louder, how rude "some" people are, yes sirree, and he got louder specifically so that we could hear him. I turned and apologized several times, but that didn't shut him up - he evidently enjoyed "punishing" me. My sister was livid by this time, I was very upset, and my sister turned around and yelled, "and you have a VERY PLEASANT DAY, SIR!!" We finally sped on, and for all I know, he's still making those remarks.

It was the sort of unpleasantness that had me upset for about an hour or so - every time I thought about it, I got more and more angry and sad. I just didn't understand why he wouldn't accept my apology, why he was so willing to make me uncomfortable when I had done a very small thing. I promise you that I didn't push, shove, or come anywhere close to him.

So, yeah, I was rude first, but he was rude to the last. So unnecessary.

Years ago, my sister and I were getting off the boat we'd taken across the EPCOT lagoon; we were in a hurry because we were running late in meeting our parents and in-laws for dinner in Italy. As I tried stepping around a man pushing a wheelchair, he got into my way and I "tsked" briefly as I tried going around him. I realize that was rude, but boy did he go off on me. Not yelling, but in a very passive aggressive manner of loudly stating how rude some people are. I immediately apologized and went on my way, but he kept stating over and over, louder and louder, how rude "some" people are, yes sirree, and he got louder specifically so that we could hear him. I turned and apologized several times, but that didn't shut him up - he evidently enjoyed "punishing" me. My sister was livid by this time, I was very upset, and my sister turned around and yelled, "and you have a VERY PLEASANT DAY, SIR!!" We finally sped on, and for all I know, he's still making those remarks.

It was the sort of unpleasantness that had me upset for about an hour or so - every time I thought about it, I got more and more angry and sad. I just didn't understand why he wouldn't accept my apology, why he was so willing to make me uncomfortable when I had done a very small thing. I promise you that I didn't push, shove, or come anywhere close to him.

So, yeah, I was rude first, but he was rude to the last. So unnecessary.

Maybe because you should have waited your turn to get off of the boat? I'm sure you were one of a hundred people who chose to cut in front of him that day, instead of hanging on to your patience for a minute. He should have accepted your apology, but I'm betting you were not the first to do what you did and he just lost it.

I've refused to let children in front of me during a parade before, I'll admit it. You snooze, you lose. I put in the time to stake out my spot, I'm not letting your precious snowflake in front of me just because you arrived at the last minute.

This is the one thing I won't tolerate. Otherwise I'm pretty laid back especially when at Disney.

One time i didn't move all the way down the row at Philharmagic... it was a quiet night (theater was about 1/3 full) however and I just kinda wanted a center seat.

I'm glad some people see the value in my extreme planning [with not even 60 days notice...)! I got no appreciation or thanks, none. I was very butthurt over it.

On the 4th we did Space Mountain (x2), Buzz (x2), BTMR, Pooh (x2), HM, Dumbo, JC (x2), first ones on PP, SDMT, Teacups, Carousel of Progress, Laugh floor, Philharmagic, small world, FoF fp, Little Mermaid, sleepy hollow waffles, BOG, and CHH (& I'm sure I am forgetting things!). In at rope drop out an hour after fireworks with plenty of breaks. I thought it was some of my finer work! haha! Plus, we got them military discounts on tickets and let them stay at shades of green with us, as well as we all used my 20% TIW discount. I thought I was a pretty good hostess. Apparently they did not... somehow.
You do realize those people are really not your friends, right? :rolleyes1
:worship:OTOH, we thinks you are pretty awesome!

I think the worst thing I've done was perhaps accidentally stepped ahead of someone waiting for something. It was legitimately a mistake though, I think it's fun to be nice to people, especially at WDW. :earsboy:

I was on line for TOT while it was 90 degrees and had to reapply my sunscreen so some was blowing onto other guests (spray) i don't really care. i don't want to burn they should thank me.

I don't think I've ever been rude to a CM. I work in customer service so I'm acutely aware of anything like that. Or to another guest. Yet.

But I have been "that guest" more than once to my family and friends. Now, I'll be the first too admit I can be a moody cow when I want to be and I am in the wrong, but there's a few other things play in these situations. Not only am I the princess of hangry (hunger-angry, if I'm grumpy the first thing my parents do is ask if I want a biscuit. :P) but I get ratty if I'm tired. Oh, and I recently found out that I've been doing two years in the parks on fallen arches/inflamed foot tendons. Apparentely limping back to the buses is not a normal thing. Who knew? However when all things align.... Hoo boy.

Last February I was in DLP with my best friend. Full out commando day trip for my birthday (I think I mentioned this in my TR somewhere lol). We had a little while until the fireworks so we were souvenir shooping. No, scratch that, she was souvenir shopping, I'd finished ages ago. I was hangry, tired, in pain and cold (Paris in winter, and we;d been out in it for 10 hours sold at this point) and she just couldn't settle on something for her sister. We'd been in basically every store, and the final time she picked something up and asked for my opinion.... I just lost my cool and snapped out "JUST BUY SOMETHING!" We found a seat and some hot chocolate very quickly after that.

I should probably also talk about the trip of unfortunate events with my american ex (who apparentely lost the ability to smile in the Happiest Place on earth- should have been my first clue really). There were many less than magical incidents that week, but I'll highlight two. Firstly, we almost came to blows in DHS after he told my-jetlagged-self that I couldn't have chicken nuggets at 3pm because that was ridiculous. Secondly, after about three more days of him being genuinely miserable and difficult the entire time, we were arguing in the line for The Little Mermaid. I forget what caused it exactly. But I finally cry out "UGH, I don't think I can EVER come back to Disney with you!!" To which the woman in front of us turns around and tells us "I said that to him too, but we're still here." I think I just tried to smile and pretend I didn't want the ground to swallow me whole. If that family is out there, I'm so sorry you had to see that. Also thank you for trying to help, but your faith was misplaced. We broke up about a year later. But yes we were "that couple" for most of that trip.

Last edited:
I did once have a bit of a harsh word with someone at Contempo Cafe. I was just paying when a lady approached and started asking the checkout assistant questions, he stopped serving me and started answering her questions. Now this wasn't just one question, she proceeded to ask a lot of questions after each answer. After about 30-40 seconds I interrupted and told her that the checkout assistant was serving me and that she needed to wait her turn or go find a CM who is not serving another customer. She responded with "oh my God, I am just trying to ask a question!", I responded with "look love, just f**k off!".

Whilst my response was clearly a tad excessive, I believe that to interrup somevody who is serving another customer is completely unacceptable.

I did once have a bit of a harsh word with someone at Contempo Cafe. I was just paying when a lady approached and started asking the checkout assistant questions, he stopped serving me and started answering her questions. Now this wasn't just one question, she proceeded to ask a lot of questions after each answer. After about 30-40 seconds I interrupted and told her that the checkout assistant was serving me and that she needed to wait her turn or go find a CM who is not serving another customer. She responded with "oh my God, I am just trying to ask a question!", I responded with "look love, just f**k off!".

Whilst my response was clearly a tad excessive, I believe that to interrup somevody who is serving another customer is completely unacceptable.

Somehow I hear you saying this in a British accent? Because if so, that strangely makes it sound extra awesome. :rotfl2:

I've rolled my eyes quite a bit at WDW, mainly at guests who get up to the register at QS, don't know what they want, don't know what their kids want, and have each person order their own food. I've also delayed people trying to get past me in queues - engaging them in conversation about why they need to get by, etc. Actually saw one woman turn around and leave the queue a few turns into it at Splash Mountain, after she had passed us in line. My guess is that she couldn't catch up to her family in time to get on the ride.

I also said the F word to my husband once in Magic kingdom. My DD21 still reminds me to watch my language ;)

Somehow I hear you saying this in a British accent? Because if so, that strangely makes it sound extra awesome. :rotfl2:

It was said with a British accent because I am British!! I assume my use of the word "love" gave me away?

It was said with a British accent because I am British!! I assume my use of the word "love" gave me away?

Yep, that's it, exactly! :)

Also, 'a bit of a harsh word' and 'checkout assistant' and just general phrasing. I watch a lot of British/UK shows. (I'm Canadian.)

I was on line for TOT while it was 90 degrees and had to reapply my sunscreen so some was blowing onto other guests (spray) i don't really care. i don't want to burn they should thank me.

No they shouldn't. I have to be careful about what kind of sunscreen I use, as certain brands do not so great things to my skin. Please apply your spray sunscreen somewhere it doesn't blow on other guests.

I think that response would sound completely lovely and reasonable with an English accent. I've had folks do that to me, too (just asking "one" question). It's rude. So she deserved that comment. The first trip we took to WDW as a family, we were headed through the airport with everyone else who just wanted to be anywhere except the airport. One lady barked at me that we were separating her from the rest of her family. How was I supposed to know that? I could have stopped, or simply ignored her. But instead, I said something along the lines of "How the eff am I supposed to know that?" I'm sure it didn't sound nearly as nice with my American accent...

I quickly weave my way through crowds. I won't cut you in line but I'll definitely beat you to the line (if you are adults without small children that is). My SO plays on his phone in the line so he often doesn't watch where he's going or see the line is moving. I think those are the two biggest things we do that I know would annoy me.

I quickly weave my way through crowds. I won't cut you in line but I'll definitely beat you to the line (if you are adults without small children that is). My SO plays on his phone in the line so he often doesn't watch where he's going or see the line is moving. I think those are the two biggest things we do that I know would annoy me.
I also weave, always. Im a born and raised New yorker, i don't know how to walk in crowds WITHOUT weaving. It creates this pent up aggravation if i don't haha. So, better I weave then get snippy, i guess?

I think that response would sound completely lovely and reasonable with an English accent. I've had folks do that to me, too (just asking "one" question). It's rude. So she deserved that comment. The first trip we took to WDW as a family, we were headed through the airport with everyone else who just wanted to be anywhere except the airport. One lady barked at me that we were separating her from the rest of her family. How was I supposed to know that? I could have stopped, or simply ignored her. But instead, I said something along the lines of "How the eff am I supposed to know that?" I'm sure it didn't sound nearly as nice with my American accent...

I am not English in the traditional sense of the word. So I do not sound like James Bond when I politely tell people to eff off. I am from Liverpool so it is a lot less refined than you are thinking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter