ADP Live From Disney World & Universal

That seems like an odd mix of characters! What, exactly, is the theme? Sorry the food wasn't good. Enjoy the rest of your Father's Day!
There's really no set theme. 3 Suess characters and Spiderman. The restaurant and characters don't theme themselves together.

"Stay out of the damn lakes!".

721720c3.jpg

Hitting the gym at the Mandara Spa

a9af95cf.jpg

The Grandstand section semi feature pool. A nice alternative to the main resort pool. No pool slide though.

79cfdb0b.jpg

0b291878.jpg

Mickey Silks.

89b81629.jpg

Love this report, looks ur having a great trip! After all the times we've stayed at SSR I have never seen that pool! :confused3 Where on property is it? It looks fun!

Just had dinner at Mama Dellas. Wow! Great meal.

Portofino Bay at night!

635c5ce9.jpg

Citywalk

f74c53ae.jpg

Citywalk DJ and dance party

773b95af.jpg

This was the worse breakfast food I've ever had. The characters were spectacular, but the food....Oh lord! I'm pretty tolerable with food, but this was crazy. The cereal and French toast were about all we could eat.

Buffet line.

aad684ee.jpg

Bummer, we love the character interaction there, some of the best anywhere. I don't remember the food being horrible, must have gone down hill. Was it very busy??

Bummer, we love the character interaction there, some of the best anywhere. I don't remember the food being horrible, must have gone down hill. Was it very busy??
The restaurant was about 75% full. The character interaction was very good.

June 20th Recap -

Our day started at IOA. Our character breakfast at Confisco Grill had some highs and lows. Let's start with the high; the characters. These characters do a great job. Spiderman does some great poses with families and children. Thing 1 & 2 are very quirky. They fit into character very well. All the characters spend as much time with you as you want. They don't move on until they know everyone in your party is satisfied.

Now for the low...The food. Wow! I saw the chef walking around the restaurant a few times and I felt like talking with him, but what was the use. There was not much on the buffet I wanted to try after the first go through. The french toast and cereal were it.

After we spent a few hours in Suess Landing and Marvel Superhero Island I decided to head back to the resort for a workout while Kim and Anna headed to Universal Studios. I enjoyed my time in the fitness center. The fitness center here at Portofino was nice, but of the 3 I visited on this trip was the smallest with the least amount of equipment. Still a good center though.

We spent some time at the Beach pool in the afternoon. The traditional afternoon rain came at around 3:30PM. We decided to head back to the room at that point. I took a stroll down to the a few gift shops and headed back upstairs to get ready for our dinner at Mama Dellas.

Let me say Mama does it right at Mama Dellas. I had a great filet with potatos, and out of this world Italian sausage. Kim had the Fettucini Alfredo. They had a singer strolling through the restaurant singing at the tables. She was spectacular, and at times hit some very high notes. Before your meal your server brings you a great salad and bread for the table. The dressing had a great olive oil based dressing. Something I've never tasted before, but it was delicious. The meal was wonderful and a great way to end our trip.

Tomorrow we leave Orlando and head back to Indiana. Always a bummer when we have to leave, but we know we'll be back soon to enjoy the parks and resorts. We consider Orlando our second home for now and hope someday it will be our first home.

I'll post more photos tomorrow. :)

Your leaving already?! I've been loving your trip report and pictures! Couldn't you stay another week? Maybe go check out Sea World and Kennedy Space?

I'm sad you're going home! I've enjoyed reading your report and have looked forward to updates many times a day.
Safe travels home, perhaps we'll get to meet at Wine and Dine 1/2.:thumbsup2
Tammy

We did a Wishes/Summernightastic cruise tonight. These are the best fireworks I've ever seen. Incredible!

Ditto!!! :thumbsup2

If you are going to see Summer Nightastic, you really should go see it from the Poly beach or on a fireworks cruise. It uses so much of the sky that it is hard to see all of it at once from inside MK.
From the boat that Aaron and I were on, I had to use a REALLY wide lens to get good video of it. But it was the most amazing way to watch the fireworks. Great time with great friends!

(and we got to learn how they get the music to the boats for the cruises)

36410_1318476638125_1117025522_30751860_5461165_n.jpg

36410_1318476598124_1117025522_30751859_3740542_n.jpg

River Country
36410_1318476918132_1117025522_30751866_2646918_n.jpg

The abandoned in-place wave machine for the Polynesian
36410_1318477238140_1117025522_30751874_3650385_n.jpg

Your leaving already?! I've been loving your trip report and pictures! Couldn't you stay another week? Maybe go check out Sea World and Kennedy Space?
Trust me....I've thought about it. :rolleyes1

I'm sad you're going home! I've enjoyed reading your report and have looked forward to updates many times a day.
Safe travels home, perhaps we'll get to meet at Wine and Dine 1/2.:thumbsup2
Tammy
Hopefully. I'll see you then.

Ditto!!! :thumbsup2

If you are going to see Summer Nightastic, you really should go see it from the Poly beach or on a fireworks cruise. It uses so much of the sky that it is hard to see all of it at once from inside MK.
From the boat that Aaron and I were on, I had to use a REALLY wide lens to get good video of it. But it was the most amazing way to watch the fireworks. Great time with great friends!

(and we got to learn how they get the music to the boats for the cruises)
Great photos Mike! :)

Good Morning Everyone -

Anna and I are off to Universal Studios for one last shot of the parks. We want to hit Curious George's ball pit.

I'll have photos from the park a bit later. :)

Good Morning Everyone -

Anna and I are off to Universal Studios for one last shot of the parks. We want to hit Curious George's ball pit.

I'll have photos from the park a bit later. :)

Leave my rolly things alone Aaron. :rotfl:

Hope you have a great final day and safe trip home! Enjoyed your trip reports immensly. :)

At Universal Studios.

8509071b.jpg

Crowds are thin today.

446e95a4.jpg

Woody Woodpecker's Kid Zone opens at 10:00AM

ffa070e8.jpg

Homer Simpson is out

78bcf8fd.jpg

Inside the Simpson's attraction

6a7d9c81.jpg

Men in Black ride photo

64675f93.jpg

Inside Curious George's ball pit.

3399d8c3.jpg

Heading out. Until next time!

5980b9c3.jpg

Taking a rickshaw back to Portofino

5f67c52f.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter