ADRs in DL

lucincia

DIS Veteran
Okay, I have only been to WDW and know about the crazy ADRs there for popular restaurants. Is it same kind of situation in DL?

In March, DW, friend, and I will be going to DL for couple days. We're 30 something people and leaving our kids at home this time (this is a side trip after a Vegas convention). What restaurant would some of you veterans recommend?

We want something special to DL, not chains we can find in other tourist spots. Character or no character - optional since we will not have kids.

Thanks!

Fantasmic Balcony seating
Blue Bayou
Rainforest Cafe (DTD)

These are the three I have heard the most mentioned besides the Character meals.

The only real sit down restaurant in DL is Blue Bayou which is very special and unique. You should make an ADR for it,since it's the only table service there is gets busy. At CA there is Napa Rose which you should make an ADR for, but I'm not sure if theres any other table service restuarant there.

Two places I have not tried but would love to are: The Grand Californian has the award winning Napa Rose. Its very expensive but gets very good reviews. If any of you like fine dining and wines this would be a good bet. Also the Vineyard Room at DCA is supposed to be very good, and adult oriented as well. Places I have tried are, Blue Bayou inside Disneyland, right inside th POC ride, really great atmosphere and good food (IMHO). Also, Hook's Pointe in the Disneyland Hotel. Nice place, quiet and more upscale than what you can find in the parks. My husband and I have always enjoyed Naples in DTD. There are also a couple of places, Ralph Brennans and House of Blues that feature live entertainment. The nice thing about Disneyland is with DTD and the two parks, as well as the three resorts all together you have a lot of possiblities, all within a short walk of each other. You can call 60 days in advance for ps'. So much easier than WDW, you won't have endless waits and you won't be sweating bullets wondering if you will get anything! I do suggest making a reservation because Disneyland's dining does get busy, especially with the 50th going on right now. The number is: 714-781-3463. FYI, they don't give confirmation #'s like WDW dining does but I have never had a problem with them losing my reservation. You can check out menus and prices of various places at allearsnet.com Click on the 50th anniversary section and go from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter