• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult Kid Easter Basket Ideas

So, for my kids, here is what I'm getting...

- Nice adult sand shovels and pails for all 4 (we're going to Myrtle Beach and I know 2 of mine walk the beach for shells and another wants to try to build a sand castle, since we haven't been to a beach in 4 years) - the pail is the Easter basket
- A new set of Speedo goggles for each - see above and pool season - I haven't bought goggles in 3 years, so it's time
- A new medium-end pillow and pillowcase for all 4 - 2 asked for this, and it's time
- A new pair of sneakers for the oldest
- A new cellphone lanyard (actually 2 in case she breaks one) for the 2nd
- A new electric razor for the 3rd
- A new Rubik 3x3x1 puzzle game for the last (who's still not a teen and will appreciate a toy)

And then I got candy. All should be well received. I may drop $10 ecards or Target cards for them as a last minute add if I have time.

So, for my kids, here is what I'm getting...

- Nice adult sand shovels and pails for all 4 (we're going to Myrtle Beach and I know 2 of mine walk the beach for shells and another wants to try to build a sand castle, since we haven't been to a beach in 4 years) - the pail is the Easter basket
- A new set of Speedo goggles for each - see above and pool season - I haven't bought goggles in 3 years, so it's time
- A new medium-end pillow and pillowcase for all 4 - 2 asked for this, and it's time
- A new pair of sneakers for the oldest
- A new cellphone lanyard (actually 2 in case she breaks one) for the 2nd
- A new electric razor for the 3rd
- A new Rubik 3x3x1 puzzle game for the last (who's still not a teen and will appreciate a toy)

And then I got candy. All should be well received. I may drop $10 ecards or Target cards for them as a last minute add if I have time.
For your beachcombers, consider mesh bags to collect shells in. Also, if they don't have much luck, souvenir shops sell interesting shells for fairly cheap.

We live ~90 minutes away from Myrtle Beach, so it's our quick-getaway place. My kids skip the actual beach--we already live coastal, it's NBD for them--but we love a good escape room. No shortage of fun things to do in MB, for sure.

White cheese pop corn
Nacho cheese for pop corn topping
Some type of blue cream soda
White pretzels
Frosted animals cookies
Waffle cones tips- milk chocolate ones
Lemon flavored pez
Kind breakfast cereal bars
A carrot cake candy bar
Nerd rope
And then normal Easter rabbit and Reece and other icon Easter candy plus dove ears.

Sent DD and SO each kitchen item. And Starbucks gift cards. And choc ears and other jaz.

We have a lot of local bars, I’ve never heard of a drink chip.
Think of it like a gift card. It is a prepaid drink. The chip represents that it was already paid for. For example, you go into a bar and buy a bucket of beer but instead of it being put on ice they give you poker type chips to represent each bottle. You turn them in as exchange for the next bottle.

Heck I'll condone it for any that like to imbibe in a drink or two ..... also get some drink chips from their favorite bar if they are local and put in the plastic eggs ... be surprised how enthusiastic the egg hunts become.
What is a drink chip? I bartended for years (several states in New England) and have never heard of this. Is it like a gift card?

My kids are college students and I send them holiday packages of seasonal candy and snacks and am doing the same this week for Easter. At least in my house, we don’t outgrow candy 😆. They’re especially partial to Starbust jelly beans.

My Pop started this for my and next oldest sister when youngest sister was still getting real/plastic eggs (there's a 14 year age difference): He hid jelly beans in the house for us! So, a yellow jelly bean went in a daffodil, black jelly bean on the black phone, pink jelly bean hid near something pink, etc. The rule was it had to be in plain sight. You didn't need to move anything to see the jelly bean. Now, the jelly bean might be in a clear vase in the china cabinet, so you had to open the china cabinet to get the jelly bean, but the jelly bean itself was not "hidden,". Camoflauged? Absolutely, but not hidden.

We're down to DS22 still living with us, and he expects a jelly bean hunt for just him next week! Needless to say, the Easter Bunny will not disappoint!

What are the 25 year old's interests? Do they like fun gifts or more practical gifts?

I know people in the past have done cleaning supplies especially for those in college or on newly on their own. Or practical things for his place (assuming he lives on his own).

Gift card is a good idea so are novelty items mentioned above related to his pet ownership (one year for my husband's birthday he got a novelty gift that is a glass that says "best cat dad ever")
Video games, his dogs and coffee (nothing fancy). He has intellectual disabilities, he functions at a much younger age and doesn’t read/write.

Video games, his dogs and coffee (nothing fancy). He has intellectual disabilities, he functions at a much younger age and doesn’t read/write.
My DS26 (! Today!) is autistic. He's very tricky to buy for, especially since his neurotypical siblings aren't shy about making fancy requests. I try to be as "equal" as I can, but he just doesn't want a whole lot of stuff. For example, he likes a specific type of pen. I'm happy to get him a 4-pack, which will last him for months. He'll be thrilled because they're the exact pens he likes--genuinely happy to get them. But, that's like $6? And just one item.

For his birthday, I got him scratch-off lottery tickets (again, something he loves), a book, the cat t-shirt I mentioned up-thread, and a couple guns. Not real ones--they're wooden models that you put together, then they shoot rubber bands. For Easter he'll get another model--a cannon that shoots ping-pong balls this time, more scratchers, a gift card to a restaurant he likes, the pens, and some candy.

My big issue is, every single time, he's my least "spendy" kid. He's fine with it, but I still feel bad.

I was tempted to buy a giant golden Easter egg that I saw at Target !
Lots of fun ideas for the Easter Bunny this year.

My DS26 (! Today!) is autistic. He's very tricky to buy for, especially since his neurotypical siblings aren't shy about making fancy requests. I try to be as "equal" as I can, but he just doesn't want a whole lot of stuff. For example, he likes a specific type of pen. I'm happy to get him a 4-pack, which will last him for months. He'll be thrilled because they're the exact pens he likes--genuinely happy to get them. But, that's like $6? And just one item.

For his birthday, I got him scratch-off lottery tickets (again, something he loves), a book, the cat t-shirt I mentioned up-thread, and a couple guns. Not real ones--they're wooden models that you put together, then they shoot rubber bands. For Easter he'll get another model--a cannon that shoots ping-pong balls this time, more scratchers, a gift card to a restaurant he likes, the pens, and some candy.

My big issue is, every single time, he's my least "spendy" kid. He's fine with it, but I still feel bad.
Yup. Same here. My other son got over $100 worth of tools. Other son wants treats for his dog.

Ear buds are good idea. I specifically told my mom not to get air buds and nothing expensive. Ours work fine and they would fit great in an Easter basket.

That's true! My autistic son wouldn't wear air buds, but noise-cancelling earbuds do great for him. He has regular, over-the-head earphones for bigger things (like long car rides).

For my other kids, misplacing their air buds is a reason to call out the National Guard.

I do a small bit of candy, gift card, and something funny; this year it'll be fun/punny socks.

No baskets for my adult kids, but I did get each one a token gift (about $10 each). DD30 is getting an octopus shaped citrus reamer because she loves octopuses, and it matches her kitchen decor/taste (I hope?), her parter(30) is getting a jar of Tonnino tuna ventresca since he loves tuna but probably wouldn't buy the fancy stuff, and DS25 is getting Yuzu flavored bachan sauce since he likes it a lot.

Our soon to be 18 year old son already requested his annual egg hunt - we fill the eggs with candy and money. My mom lives with us and she loves doing this for him as much as he loves waking up to it! We don't ever put much candy in his basket besides a Lindt Chocolate bunny. He gets a basket every year but we usually make it something "useful" - this year he is getting an RTIC cooler because he is working this summer doing landscaping and will need something to keep his lunch and drinks cold in his Jeep. We added some car wash supplies (a specific soap that he prefers and new microfiber towels), bags of kettle corn, some of his favorite 4 color Bic Pens, and two new Nike hats we grabbed from the local Nike Outlet for less than $3.00 each. He goes through a lot of hats between the Jeep and rowing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter