Adults to Dress up or not dress up for Halloween party

Many, many adults dress up, it's fun!! Go for it!!

Some may go quite elaborate with costumes, while others don't do much more than a t-shirt.
You'll see lots of "family" theme costumes too.

Edited to add: Our family (all adults) was the Teal Monorail for our MNSSHP day last year! We had so many positive comments!

Last edited:
It may depend on when you go. When I went to MNSSHP a couple of years ago, almost no one was dressed up. Maybe 10% of the kids had on something that could qualify as a "costume", and I could probably count on one hand the number of adults I saw dressed up. But, it was one of the earlier parties I think (mid-September, maybe?) and it was HOT. So between those two, that might have kept a lot of people from dressing up. Either they hadn't gotten costumes yet, over a month before Halloween, or decided it was too hot to wear them.

Went August, 2017 and August, 2018 both first parties of the season. Lots of people all ages dressed up. I'm in an ecv and my ecv was covered with purple and orange battery twinkle lights and Halloween garland. Adult daughter was evil queen and granddaughter was White Rabbit. It was hot and sooo much fun. You will see everything from the shirts to fully, beautiful costumes.

So, yes adults to dress up, but some dont. Decide for yourself!! Either way enjoy the party. (Look online at Disneybounding, to give you some ideas or Pinterest)

Do most adults dress up for the Halloween Party? This will be our first.

LOTS AND LOTS and many groups are themed. Last few parties have been heavy on the adults and costumes. We are all adults and always dress up but we are creative and work with temperatures.

I've seen large groups of 101 Dalmations, the Peter Pan clan, Alice and Wonderland characters, saw three ladies as Fairies, seen Snow and Dwarfs ... so many ideas. We've been large group of skeletons many times (black tshirt and black shorts hand painted bones front and back) and one year DD made her own Belle costume (yellow gown but short with tutu) and we were Beauty & the Bones. CMs love adults dressed up.

Honestly I would feel weird not dressing up.

This year will be our first one too. Our vacation is in a couple of weeks - it will be weird to be celebrating Halloween in August. Personally I think Disney is pushing things a bit too far, but I digress.

In any case, we are going to get dressed up. The original plan was to do the Inside Out characters (perfect for our family of five) but there's not enough time to get together what we'd need. So we're going to be extremely boring and just wear Incredible t-shirts.

I would love to hear of ideas for costumes for the Halloween party. We are trying to think of family themed costumes. Ages are 2 yrs - 68 yrs. with 9 people. lol

Our whole family dressed up, but it is a good idea to take an option to change or wear under the costume if you get too hot or the kids get tired of wearing their costume.

We went late September with a party of eight. Our youngest was 3 and the oldest was 80. We decided to go as "Mickey's" baseball team. We wore baseball jersey and I used glow in the dark iron on for the numbers and Mickey. We also wore mickeys baseball hats. It was hot so I was thankful that we chose a cool and comfortable costume. The outfits were well received and we got tons of comments all night. Have fun.

We did Alice last year. DW was the White Rabbit, DS and I were Tweedles and DD was Alice. The character interactions with Alice, the Red Queen and the Tweedles were a lot of fun!

We went in September 2017 to MNSSHP and all 3 adults dressed up as our favorite character at that moment. It was super fun! I highly recommend!431726

I've been to the party once dressing up and once not. The one where we dressed up it was a 11 person trip with 2 little ones - all the adults dressed like pirates and the kids dressed as a princess and a ninja. The trip were we did not dress up it was because I started thinking about costumes and disneybounding too late to get it together before the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter