Adults who swim with dolphins...

barbmouse

<font color=navy>Thanks for your support!! I have
how was it?? I made ressies for the kids to swim with the dolphins but then I began to wonder if I would regret not doing the swim so I called (it took several tries) and was able to get to swim!!! I'm so excited but a little apprehensive so adults(i'm 40ish) who have done the dolphin swim share your experiences.

I don't think age matters when you swim with dolphins. People of all ages do it and I think most people loves it. I'm 24 and I did it on my own.The only reason why my mum(51 years old) didn't do it is because she can't swim. If she could, she would have done it as well. So don't worry, you will love it...

I agree with the_princess. I don't think age matters, either. I'm 27 and I absolutely loved it. We we were there in May, there were several people who I guess were in their mid-40's in our group during the dolphin swim. Everyone had a great time.

I sure hope that adult swims are a good thing, my DH gave me a trip to DC for Mother's Day. We go tomorrow!! I am so excited that I can hardly stand it! Our two DD's are also going, only one decided to do the dolphin swim with me.

I swam with the dolphins at 41. It is great! The dolphin was gentle and you get used to the dolphin while on a platform. You get to touch and kiss the dolphin. Then you swim out a little ways ( you have a flotation device on, if I remember right) and hold on to the fin as the dolphin pulls you in. I hope to do it again soon!

I did the dolphin swim and I am over 30! It was a blast. If it is any comfort I saw retirees there (swimming with the dolphns). Enjoy your swim!

Charleyann

I had a blast with the dolphin swim. I did it for my 30th b-day:
discoverycove062.jpg

Thanks for all of the replies. I am really looking forward to it. I love to swim and have always wanted to swim with the dolphins!!

I'm an adult, over 40 :) and I'm going to swim with the dolphins with my family on 7/4. I can't wait. I grew up watching "Flipper" and I think I might be more excited than the kids. I don't ever think there is an age where you wouldn't enjoy this. You go for it!

I had a blast with the dolphin swim. I did it for my 30th b-day:
discoverycove062.jpg

I so envy your experience, I have goose-bumps, listen is it a REAL swim? :confused3 I mean I have booked the Dolphins in Depth at WDW & am so looking forward to it, BUT I cannot swim, please tell me all about this, this picture bring tears to my eyes how wonderful for you !

Ruthie

We just got back from DC yesterday. The dolphin swim was awesome, the best part of the entire trip! I am 45 and loved it, my dd (15 with a disability) also had a wonderful experience. The staff was excellent and went out of their way to ensure that our whole day was the best ever. I can't wait to go back!:thumbsup2

I love reading about everyone's experiences. The picture is fabulous...I hope to have my own soon.
Thanks!

We went to DC last year and I only booked ressies for the kids but when we got there and I saw how much everyone was enjoying themselves I was able to pay for an upgrade and go in with the dolphins.
I'm so glad I did. It was great and there were people there of all ages enjoying themselves. I'm sure you will have a brilliant time. :)

Did the DC swim with Dolphins last year at age 55 and am doing it again this year at 56. A truly wonderful experience. DW and I had discussed going back to DC without the Dolphin swim as we really enjoyed just being there and the other activities and food, but I couldn't pass interacting with these wonderful creatures again so we are both doing the swim again this year.

i know, I can't image going there w/o swimming with the dolphins. I just loved it soooo much! I hope to be going back in March.

my bf and i did a dolphin swim in cuba in the middle of the ocean and it was absolutly amazing!!!!!!!! i would definitly reccomend it to anyone of all ages :)

DH 55 and I 53 will be swimming w the Dolphins next month for our 35th anniversary! I never even considered our ages. :hippie:

is there a weight limit for swimming with the dolphins? how about larger sizes on the swimming vests or wetsuits? I am "pooh-sized", but active and would love to do this, but don't want to be embarassed once I get there. thanks

Hi

As a 40+ non-swimmer I did the dolphin swim a couple of years ago. For the "pulled along by a dolphin" bit at the end I had intended to do the "boomerang" swim where you start and finish in the shallow water but others in the group said you'll be fine doing the normal swim; so as we waded out further and the water got higher I eventually clamped onto the shoulder of one of the trainers and pedalled like crazy but managed OK in the end - glad I did it. (Then it was on with the life vest and into the tropical river to bob along like a cork).

Cheers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter