Adults who swim with dolphins...

I'm not aware of any weight limit for swimming with the dolphins - I'm quite a big girl myself and had no problems at all when we were there. I was worried about getting a swim vest or wetsuit to fit me but they had a variety of sizes. I'm sure you'll have a great day.:)

Hi!! I'm the OP. So we did Discovery Cove a few weeks back and I did swim with the dolphins with my dks. It was absolutely awesome. DC is unlike anything we have ever done before and we had a fantastic day. It you are thinking about going to DC....GO!! You will not regret and as many others have said it is worth every penny. To get the most for your money I would definitely take advantage of the SW or BG days. We did SW because of location of where we were staying and the fact that we have been there before and loved it!

Swimming with the dlphins was fantastic. The whole day was a wonderful expeience I will never forget. The place is beautiful. The lazy river goes the whole way around the park and the water is so warm. Snorkeling with the fish was a lot of fun. My husband was not sure about the whole thing and he can't wait to go back. The free Budweiser helped alot.

DH and I took DMIL three years ago when she had turned 60, and she loved it even though she can't swim she had the life vest and was fine in deep water :)

Claire ;)

is there a weight limit for swimming with the dolphins? how about larger sizes on the swimming vests or wetsuits? I am "pooh-sized", but active and would love to do this, but don't want to be embarassed once I get there. thanks

Well, let me put it this way.....I had similar concerns, so I called. I was told that they had gear that would be suitable for up to 600lbs and I have read here that they have gear that is up to size 16XL. Most likely, you will be able to go and enjoy your day there. Maggie

The experience is so wonderful and for many once in a lifetime. when i did it with my mum we both really enjoyed it . the staff go out of their way to make it a wonderful experience. even if you dont swim you can still fully enjoy it. my mum doent swim so she and another woman in my group went the same distance away as everyone else but kept in the shallow water. i would definately do this again. :)

xlaurax

We hope to do it next year with our kids (will be 7.5 and 6.5). I will have to sit out with my 4.5 year old but I have done it before in Key Largo. I did learn from that experience that the dolphins tend to prefer children, then women, then men because of size. It seems like DC makes certain that everyone gets an interaction so that's great!

Did it at 29 while preggers with ds, loved it, loved it, loved it! Can't wait until he is old enough to go to (1 more year)!

As far as being able to swim, my dss was 6 when we went and he didn't really swim - they just gave him a life jacket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter