Advance dining reservations

AJ1983

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! My friend is visiting UOR for the first time in September and asked of you have to reserve restaurants 60 days in advance like Disney. In all my trips, I have only done quick service and cant answer that for her haha

So what restaurants would you recommend for a first timer who enjoys trying all kinds of food, and how fsr in advance should she book? Or are reservations required? They are staying at a Premier resort onsite, and I thought i remembered reading that they are given priority for certain places (though i may have that wrong)

Thanks!

You do not have to reserve at all, but it is helpful to do so, esp if its peak season and or peak times to eat. We have booked for our June trip but its summer season, but we just booked about 2 weeks ago for early June. In the past we have made and or changed the day of. You just have to be a little flexible if you wait.

I am keeping my eye out for possibly having to make a reservation for their new minions dining location. DS would love to eat there. We have a trip planned for August. :goodvibes

I can recommend any table dining but, my son and I get the “jacket potato” at the stand near the double decker bus whenever we can! I get the shepherd’s pie version.

60 days in advance seems excessive for Universal Orlando. I would say maybe a month in advance for the really popular City Walk places like Toothsome, BigFire, or Cowfish.

Restaurants in CityWalk are busy during peak season and on the weekends when the parks close for the evening. So if you eat later having a reservation for these restaurants would help.

There is HHN during September and October which is held every night of the week at Universal Studios except Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday October 31st is added also. HHN is very popular with locals and longtime attendees. The parks will be busier and and restaurants will be busier. So having a reservation would not hurt.

Just remember to cancel any reservations you have made that you decide not to keep so others can use those openings.

Resort restaurants are mostly really good.
Mythos and Cowfish get regular visits as well.
Bigfire is nice but a steakhouse has to be way above for me to go often esp in Orlando with so many exotic places to go to.
And for what I pay I can cook A5 wagyu at home.

Hi everyone! My friend is visiting UOR for the first time in September and asked of you have to reserve restaurants 60 days in advance like Disney. In all my trips, I have only done quick service and cant answer that for her haha

So what restaurants would you recommend for a first timer who enjoys trying all kinds of food, and how fsr in advance should she book? Or are reservations required? They are staying at a Premier resort onsite, and I thought i remembered reading that they are given priority for certain places (though i may have that wrong)

Thanks!
I too go with Cowfish and Toothsome. I was actually surprised by the NBC Sports bar as the bbq was actually pretty good. I was NOT a fan of Antojito’s, nor found it “authentic”. I would highly suggest reservations. I‘ve made reservations 3 months out so they can call and ask, can’t hurt.

Restaurants in CityWalk are busy during peak season and on the weekends when the parks close for the evening. So if you eat later having a reservation for these restaurants would help.

There is HHN during September and October which is held every night of the week at Universal Studios except Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday October 31st is added also. HHN is very popular with locals and longtime attendees. The parks will be busier and and restaurants will be busier. So having a reservation would not hurt.

Just remember to cancel any reservations you have made that you decide not to keep so others can use those openings.
If you want Finnegan’s during stay and scream, you want a reservation at least 60 out. The shut them off at a certain point. I will have to figure out when I reserved last year to make sure I get it in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter