Advent Calendars? - Disney or otherwise

Hi, this will be my 1st body shop advent calendar. They have three options, which one did you choose if you don’t mind me asking.

Hi
I have been going around and around with this idea...............................................
The issue I am having is that I am buying this for my Granddaughter and she lives very far away.
The whole process of order this in time (not too early/not too late),,deliver to my address then ship to her address,,plus huge shipping cost is just crazy.
Here is what I've decided to do instead,,,
She loves baking and decorating,,she is 15 yrs old.
I will be sending her one box with a Gingerbread House Kit and I will include extra candy--who doesn't love extra candy.?
I got the idea from this Website
https://www.mom4real.com/diy-gingerbread-house-kit-w-free-gingerbread-people-printable-gift-tags/I am thinking of including 12 days of Christmas mini mason jars with candy/decorations.
example,,coconut,mini M&Ms sprinkles,chocolate chips,caramels,mini marshmallows ,mini oreos,mini chips ahoy,gum drops,skittles,smarties,,,etc.

Sorry that doesn't help you decide which Body Shop Advent calendar to order,,maybe someone else who is buying it will post their opinion.
Best wishes what ever you decide.
Regards Mel

Last edited:

Hi, this will be my 1st body shop advent calendar. They have three options, which one did you choose if you don’t mind me asking.

My local store had the $69 ones in stock. They had about a dozen. Just that model. They had it opened so you could see all that was included. It was quite substantial. I’m still debating as my youngest would prefer just bath bombs so i’m holding out on lush. I’d say go in store and take a peak if you live close enough to a store. I think the bigger packages may be online only.

Hi
I have been going around and around with this idea...............................................
The issue I am having is that I am buying this for my Granddaughter and she lives very far away.
The whole process of order this in time (not too early/not too late),,deliver to my address then ship to her address,,plus huge shipping cost is just crazy.
Here is what I've decided to do instead,,,
She loves baking and decorating,,she is 15 yrs old.
I will be sending her one box with a Gingerbread House Kit and I will include extra candy--who doesn't love extra candy.?
View attachment 441228
I got the idea from this Website
https://www.mom4real.com/diy-gingerbread-house-kit-w-free-gingerbread-people-printable-gift-tags/I am thinking of including 12 days of Christmas mini mason jars with candy/decorations.
example,,coconut,mini M&Ms sprinkles,chocolate chips,caramels,mini marshmallows ,mini oreos,mini chips ahoy,gum drops,skittles,smarties,,,etc.

Sorry that doesn't help you decide which Body Shop Advent calendar to order,,maybe someone else who is buying it will post their opinion.
Best wishes what ever you decide.
Regards Mel

That’s a cute idea! I think she will love it.

My local store had the $69 ones in stock. They had about a dozen. Just that model. They had it opened so you could see all that was included. It was quite substantial. I’m still debating as my youngest would prefer just bath bombs so i’m holding out on lush. I’d say go in store and take a peak if you live close enough to a store. I think the bigger packages may be online only.

Unfortunately I do not have a store close by. Now you have me interested in the lush bath bombs! Thanks for the idea.

Unfortunately I do not have a store close by. Now you have me interested in the lush bath bombs! Thanks for the idea.

I’m not sure what lush Canada will have. The UK store had an advent calendar — for 200 pounds. :scared1: Last year, the Cdn store had 12 days of Christmas for $99. Still pricey.

https://glossense.com/2018/10/13/lu...christmas-2018-holiday-advent-calendar-99-95/
I might just take Mel’s example and make my own version for her with mini bath bombs from multiple stores.

My mum made all her grandkids reusable ones that my sister, cousins and I had as kids where we just tie whatever treats we want on them. I did ginger kids, my sister bought a lego set and divided up the pieces and my nephew built a lego set day by day.

Attachments

• advent.jpg
    advent.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 9
Just Sharing
I was visiting my 24 yr old niece today and she showed me the David's Tea Advent Calendar she got last Christmas ,,,she loved it and said it came very nicely packed. She ordered it on Black Friday and got it for 1/2 price.

Hugs
Mel

Retro Festive Canada's Pop Culture store --helping out local shops,,also made in Canada.
Location Oakville opens Sat Oct 26th
Jelly Of The Month gift set
Noticed this,,seems reasonable (Greaves Jams);
https://www.retrofestive.ca/jelly-of-the-month-club-gift-set/$39.99

I will be picking up some Grinch Christmas Village set pieces.
They also have Harry Potter village set pieces.
Also a Christmas Mickey House!!!

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Just sharing
I am almost ready to ship my box.
Added a Mini Christmas Village (Gingerbread),
(Bought at Metro Grocery Store).

I labeled the mini mason jars:
Grinch chews ( Jujubes )
Magic Christmas dust (coconut)
Rudolph Candy (skittles)
Moose droppings (chocolate chips)
Elf Candy (Caramel M&M's)
Santa Snacks (Jelly Beans)
Snowman Kisses (Hershey Kisses).

Added small packages of Oreos cookies and Mini Chips Ahoy
3 regular Kit Kat bars tied with twine (Logs for the fireplace)
One large tub of White icing (Penguin fluff).

One wilton mini decorating kit.

Everything seems to fit,,tomorrow I will just add some tissue paper ,ribbons, bows and a note.

Happy Holidays
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Mailed it today
MUxeHEw.jpg

I used Canada Post and it was under $19.00 for Express Post--should get there by tomorrow.
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts