Adventurers club - Pleasure Isl. for solo traveler

beachfan

Mouseketeer
I would appreciate comments on the Adventurers club for a solo traveler. I am a theatre and mystery fan and it sounds like it would be alot of fun. Do you think it would be worth the $20.00 Pleasure Island admission fee? I am not particularly interested in any of the other venues. As a single, would I feel out of place, or is it the kind of spot where everyone joins in? Thanks for your comments. :cool:

It is definately the kind of place where everyone joins in. It is worth every penny!

I think you would feel very comfortable there. If you want to get a feeling for what's coming up in the club, look for the little metal plaques at the entrance to each of the rooms. They will tell you when shows are happening in each room and which character is leading them.

Don't miss it!

By the way, I got a discounted ticket to Pleasure Island through ticketmania.com (I hope that's all right to post here.) Very reliable service, saved 4 or 5 dollars.

You might also enjoy the comedy club, right across the walkway from the adventurers club. It's more of an improve place, not standup comedy.

And its worth stepping outside at midnight to see the fireworks. Very cute.

Please post back and tell us how you liked it!

Kes

You can spend an entire evening at Adventurer's Club and I've done it solo.

It's a lot of fun and I think with your theatre background you would probably enjoy it very much.

I'd love to take my son there sometime, he is in theatre scenic design and I think he would enjoy it a lot.

Welcome to the DIS, beachfan, I'm glad you found us.

Katholyn

I've often gone in there solo, just hanging out and watching the shows is entertainment enough.

I think the current state of the fireworks is a waste of time, though. But maybe people ought to see it once.

After ignoring PI until three years ago, I'd now answer "The AC" to the question "what one thing would you do if you only had a day at Disney." I think the AC embodies Disney, especially for an Adult Solo. We're headed in June and my wife has already agreed to let me spend every night there...alone!

Seriously, it's a great twenty dollar investment. Look for the special five dollar upgrade to five nights, if they're offering (which is what I"m hoping). The AC can entertain for hours, and such is the nature of the club that I've found myself equally comfortable there with or without my wife.

Enjoy, and Kungaloosh!

Pat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter