Adventurous April Exercise Challenge

Congratulations to MaleficentEvilSister on exceeding 10% of goal and turning Disneyland Blue! And congratulations to BumbleB, Saphire5742, and SarahDisney on exceeding 25% of goal and turning Magic Kingdom Orange!

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin brought an Arabian touch to Magic Kingdom's Adventureland in 2001. This is the only Adventureland featuring this attraction (though it also appears elsewhere in the Tokyo and Paris parks). Be sure to look down in this area to see jewels embedded in the pavement. But be careful - the camels spit!

40 minutes jog/walk intervals

130/600

My adventure for the month was going to a tulip exhibition at a park in a nearby city. Did a lot of walking around and it was a lot of fun.
0405_1-2.jpg
IMG_4060.jpg

Congratulations to HappyGrape, who has exceeded 25% of goal and is now Magic Kingdom Orange.

It was rather fortunate that I assigned orange to the Magic Kingdom. When the park opened, the Florida Citrus Commission sponsored The Sunshine Pavilion. Here, visitors could find not only the Tropical Serenade, but also the Sunshine Tree Terrace, home of the Citrus Swirl and the Commission's mascot, the Orange Bird, who was created by Disney and became massively popular in the 1970s. The relationship between Disney and the Commission ended in 1986, and the Orange Bird left the Magic Kingdom. But only temporarily -- he reappeared in Tokyo Disneyland in 2004 for Orange Day, and again he was a major hit. His popularity there paved the way for his return to the Magic Kingdom starting in 2012.

Last edited:
Congratulations ot PollyannaMom for reaching 25% of goal and turning Magic Kingdom Orange!

Magic Kingdom's Adventureland currently features Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. Originally opened as the Tropical Serenade and closely matching Disneyland's version, by the late 90s the attraction was losing popularity. So starting in 1998, MK presented the Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management), changing the plot to feature Iago from Aladdin and Zazu from The Lion King as the Tiki's Room's new owners. That version lasted until 2011, when a small fire in the attic triggered the sprinklers. Disney decided it was time to evict the newcomers and the attraction reopened with the show's original plot line--though six minutes shorter than the original.

Tuesday: Ran 40 minutes and walked the dog for 30 minutes
Wednesday: Walked with the dog for 30 minutes
Thursday: Ran 40 minutes and walked for 20 minutes extra later in the day
Friday: My oldest had a special needs field day and we walked around doing sports activates for 4 hours but it was stop and go kind of walking so I will give myself 1 hour of active activity.
Saturday we were busy cleaning the house and a soccer game so I did not get in a workout

Total workout times for Tuesday- Friday: 220 minutes

326/1500
21.73%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter