Advice for First Timer

Bexx said:
Sorry, no! I've just tried the link myself and it works fine for me, but maybe that's because my PC knows the link or something technical like that!! So you've typed in www.dlpfoodguide.com and that still doesn't work?

I hope someone else might be able to help with this problem

I finally tried to access the site through AOL, & was able to open it. :cheer2: I still can't get it to open on Internet Explorer though. :confused3 Thanks again for the link. We like to plan our trips around the food options available. :teeth: Yes, we like good food. :snooty: :p

Thanks for the information diberry! I have been to Disneyland in CA once so thanks to you now I have a pretty good idea of the layout and size of DLP.

Susan--I have read mixed reviews of the restaurant in Pirates. They all say the atmosphere is great, but some say the food is not so good--what is your opinion?

Has anyone eaten at the Yacht restaurant in the Newport hotel? It seems to get very good reviews, I am thinking that might be a good choice. I don't think I want to waste park time eating dinner, so we are going to have a late dinner after the parks close. One night is CA grill, the other Yacht--unless someone has a better suggestion, I am very much open to any and all advice! I have checked out the restaurant link you shared, thanks a lot.

Does anyone know if after the attractions have shut down for the night if it's still possible to shop? Or if the restaurants inside the parks stay open after hours?

I am so grateful for all the help you've given me so far!

Mar'

Restaurants and shops inside park close at same time as park however, you can continue to shop to you drop and dine in Disney village and hotels until late.

tarheelmjfan said:
I finally tried to access the site through AOL, & was able to open it. :cheer2: I still can't get it to open on Internet Explorer though. :confused3 Thanks again for the link. We like to plan our trips around the food options available. :teeth: Yes, we like good food. :snooty: :p

I'm so glad you've got it sorted - it's such a useful site.

I have read mixed reviews of the restaurant in Pirates. They all say the atmosphere is great, but some say the food is not so good--what is your opinion?

Mar' - I've eaten at the Blue Lagoon a couple of times, and the food has always been very nice. Mind you, I'm not a great foodie and easily please, so it might well have been very average and I didn't realise!! :teeth:

Also, I've mentioned before about possibly going to a restaurant you want to try, and just having a dessert!! But I've never done myself, and don't know of anyone else who's tried it either. But I don't see why they wouldn't let you do it, if you visited between the lunch and evening rush.

Mar'

We've been 3 times and the shops in Main Street have always been open for around an hour after official park closing (and open before the other lands in the morning also).

As Nicola says, the Disney Village and hotel shops are open really late. :goodvibes

The atmosphere at the Blue Lagoon is one of the very best I have had at any Disney Resturant in my opinion but the food is very seafood orientated. We took our friends who were not so keen on that type of food but still loved the atmospheare. I think it is great to go for a late lunch and a few glasses of wine!!! DD did not like the food but she was only 7 and 9 the time after. I do hope to book again when we go in October.

Hope you have a great time.

DisneyRGB said:
Mar'

We've been 3 times and the shops in Main Street have always been open for around an hour after official park closing (and open before the other lands in the morning also).

As Nicola says, the Disney Village and hotel shops are open really late. :goodvibes

Ahh thanks so much! The shops stay open about an hour after park closing in WDW, that's what I was hoping for at DLP too. Why waste precious touring time shopping if I don't have to? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter