Advice on After Hours Pass

Rmurphy005

Mouseketeer
It will be my DW and DD2 going in January for our first family trip. They just released that they will be offering After Hours on the Friday of our trip. I really want to do it but obviously we cannot bring our DD. Is it weird if i go by myself and leave my DW and DD back in our room?

I have heard great things about after hours, does anyone on here have experience?

I went in March this year and it was fantastic!

In the 3 hours I was there I did these rides/greets and also got some ice cream in between...
Jungle cruise
Pirates
BTM x2
Haunted Mansion
Carousel
Peter Pan
Meet Mickey
Meet Rapunzel and Tiana
Meet Elena and Cinderella
7DMT
Winnie the Pooh
7DMT
Peter Pan
Peter Pan again
7DMT
Tea Cups
Splash Mountain

I did this on my first day, which meant that for the rest of the trip I never felt like I needed to queue up for ages for anything in MK...

Just wondering - Why can't you bring your daughter? Is it an adults only event? I purchased 6 tickets for our trip in February '18, and didn't notice an age limit.

If it were me, and my husband was thinking about going to After Hours without me, not going to lie, I'd be ticked. Either we'd all go (kid can sleep in a stroller), or no one. It's not like After Hours goes until 2am or 3am, it ends at 11pm. I'd plan and afternoon nap for the kiddo the day of, and for a resort day the next day so everyone can catch up on sleep if needed.

It would certainly be weird for our family, but I don't know your family enough to say if it would be weird for you. At 2, both of my kids were capable of hanging with us until the parks closed, even if it meant a midnight closing. If they were tired, they slept in the stroller. And I couldn't imagine going off by myself on vacation knowing I'd be leaving my SO and kid behind. Maybe ask DW? She's the only one who's opinion matters. :)

I can't speak to how your family would react to you going alone (since I do almost all my trips solo anyway), but I can say the After Hours event I attended last year was one of my most enjoyable nights at WDW. Basically every ride other than 7DMT and SM was a walk-on, and on most of them they just let you stay on if you wanted to ride again. There are so many opportunities to get great pictures without crowds that you'd never be able to get on any other night, and the "free" (read: baked into the ticket cost) soda and treats were a nice bonus.

I might even plan a trip down in February just to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter