Advice on Fast Pass Changes and Split-Stays

rrchicago

Earning My Ears
My family recently reserved a split-stay for June for my nephew's birthday--3 nights at POP and 3 nights at Coronado, with a 4-day hopper attached to the POP reservation. But we reserved this split-stay *before* we found out about the new FP+ rules, i.e. split-stays get two 60-day windows (in our case, one for our POP and one for our CS). We assumed we'd be able to reserve FP+s for the entire stay at once like we did in the past. I hate the idea of having two FP+ windows (makes getting a FP for FOP in AK more difficult). Do we have any alternative options other than just staying at one hotel the whole time? A CM on the phone mentioned we can buy our park tickets *separately* from our POP and CS hotel reservations so it's not a "package" together--would that allow us to make FP+ reservations for our entire stay 60 days in advance even if we still have split hotel reservations? Any help would be appreciated. This is our first time navigating the new rules and we're a bit lost.

My family recently reserved a split-stay for June for my nephew's birthday--3 nights at POP and 3 nights at Coronado, with a 4-day hopper attached to the POP reservation. But we reserved this split-stay *before* we found out about the new FP+ rules, i.e. split-stays get two 60-day windows (in our case, one for our POP and one for our CS). We assumed we'd be able to reserve FP+s for the entire stay at once like we did in the past. I hate the idea of having two FP+ windows (makes getting a FP for FOP in AK more difficult). Do we have any alternative options other than just staying at one hotel the whole time? A CM on the phone mentioned we can buy our park tickets *separately* from our POP and CS hotel reservations so it's not a "package" together--would that allow us to make FP+ reservations for our entire stay 60 days in advance even if we still have split hotel reservations? Any help would be appreciated. This is our first time navigating the new rules and we're a bit lost.
My understanding is as of right now your only option is to stay in 1 room for the entire stay.

The CM on the phone was incorrect.
Buying tickets separate will not allow you to book FP for the entire 60 days in advance even if you have split hotel reservations.
You will still have 2 60 day windows if you have 2 check-in days. The only way around this is with 1 check-in day. Package has nothing to do with it.

I will mention too, that it's not impossible to get FoP at 60+4. Our next stay is 4 days and we have FoP and SDD both
Remember, you get to book FP for check in and check out days so for the first stay you can book 4 days of FP. They aren't early in the morning but they are available.

A CM on the phone mentioned we can buy our park tickets *separately* from our POP and CS hotel reservations so it's not a "package" together--would that allow us to make FP+ reservations for our entire stay 60 days in advance even if we still have split hotel reservations?

It used to. It doesn't anymore. I think it's awful that WDW lets you book things way in advance and then changes the rules mid-game. If they want to change the rules that's fine, but the new rules should only apply to new reservations. [Gets off soapbox.]

GL getting the FP you want!

It used to. It doesn't anymore. I think it's awful that WDW lets you book things way in advance and then changes the rules mid-game. If they want to change the rules that's fine, but the new rules should only apply to new reservations. [Gets off soapbox.]

GL getting the FP you want!
Even worse is that the cm didn't know the new rules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter