Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they going to try to make the entrance (space between the two buildings) to TSL look like you are walking between two homes to get into Andy's backyard?
Was this in any of the concept art work? If not, I can't see it happening this late in the game. I think it's a great idea, I just don't remember seeing anything like you mentioned.

Toy Story Land is really coming along and looking good! I’m excited to see it opening soon. It’s about time Hollywood Studios gets an addition rather than a closing. :cool1: I only hope now that they keep it that way for a few years. A part of me is still nervous after hearing about the contract with Twilight Zone that Tower of Terror is going to go down at some point after some of these things open (particularly Galaxy’s Edge). I hope I’m wrong.

What is the anticipated opening for the Mickey ride there? Before, after or around the same time as Galaxy’s Edge?

Also, how is entrance/exit to Toy Story Land going to work? The side opposite the entrance looks like a road that would be behind the scenes, but is that going to be accessible to guests and is there going to be a way out over there that connects to the street where the Toy Story Mania entrance is now? What’s going to happen to that street? I assume some more walls are going to go up over there once the land opens since it almost looks like it connects directly to the Star Wars work site.

Toy Story Land is really coming along and looking good! I’m excited to see it opening soon. It’s about time Hollywood Studios gets an addition rather than a closing. :cool1: I only hope now that they keep it that way for a few years. A part of me is still nervous after hearing about the contract with Twilight Zone that Tower of Terror is going to go down at some point after some of these things open (particularly Galaxy’s Edge). I hope I’m wrong.

What is the anticipated opening for the Mickey ride there? Before, after or around the same time as Galaxy’s Edge?

Also, how is entrance/exit to Toy Story Land going to work? The side opposite the entrance looks like a road that would be behind the scenes, but is that going to be accessible to guests and is there going to be a way out over there that connects to the street where the Toy Story Mania entrance is now? What’s going to happen to that street? I assume some more walls are going to go up over there once the land opens since it almost looks like it connects directly to the Star Wars work site.
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will open just before Galaxy's Edge.

There will only be one entrance and exit for Toy Story Land right now and that is just before the current TSMM entrance and next to Walt Disney Presents. The current Pixar Place street will close and become backstage area.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will open just before Galaxy's Edge.

There will only be one entrance and exit for Toy Story Land right now and that is just before the current TSMM entrance and next to Walt Disney Presents. The current Pixar Place street will close and become backstage area.
That’ll be a nice cluster getting in/out for the time being

Thanks. I try to use my Marriott points outside of Florida. I didn't know Swan/Dolphin were a partner. Are they 1 point/1 point equivalents?
Marriott and SPG merged last year. They are consolidating their frequent stayer programs next month. Details still being worked out.

Marriott and SPG merged last year. They are consolidating their frequent stayer programs next month. Details still being worked out.

My concern is that 1/1 will be compromised. I took much corporate heat for insisting on staying at Marriott's as they knew I was in accumulation mode. :thumbsup2

My concern is that 1/1 will be compromised. I took much corporate heat for insisting on staying at Marriott's as they knew I was in accumulation mode. :thumbsup2

I don't think Marriott points are changing. That is 1 point will still be 1 point. For SPG, each point will convert to 3 points in the new program. Basically, the same conversion rate they have now if you link your Marriott and SPG accounts and transfer points between then. The points levels for each tier are changing though. If they retain the same tiers for each hotel (no guarantees), the Swan/Dolphin would be 35,000 points/night,.

I don't think Marriott points are changing. That is 1 point will still be 1 point. For SPG, each point will convert to 3 points in the new program. Basically, the same conversion rate they have now if you link your Marriott and SPG accounts and transfer points between then. The points levels for each tier are changing though. If they retain the same tiers for each hotel (no guarantees), the Swan/Dolphin would be 35,000 points/night,.

Actually, I can see 35K/night being somewhat "reasonable" depending on dates of travel. I've searched for the 15-20K/night to maximize my points.

Actually, I can see 35K/night being somewhat "reasonable" depending on dates of travel. I've searched for the 15-20K/night to maximize my points.

I like to stay at the category 2 (3,000 - 4,000 starpoints/night) SPG hotels (Four Points and Sheraton Lake Buena Vista) to maximize my points. If these stay the same category, they'll be 12,500/night for 2018 which which is equivalent of 4,167 starpoints (my starpoints lose value at lower end hotels, but gain value at high end resorts), but it works out to the same dollar amount as the new program ($1,000 spending for those with Gold status not including any bonus points from promotions, credit cards, welcome gifts, etc...) Starting in 2019, they're going to an Off-Season/Regular/Peak Season points system with 3 different redemption levels depending on the season. One nice plus of the merger is my Amex will now give me a free night (up to 35,000 points - still have to pay any resort fee and parking) each year when the annual fee hits. If the tiers hold, I will be using it at the Swan/Dolphin this fall.

2 questions-
Do we know if the concrete work on the north side of the Hollywood Studio's Skyliner station is part of the entrance/exit to the station, or related to something else?

And, did they seriously take the time, effort, and money to put a Solo billboard up on the back of GMR/Mickey's Runaway Railway just for people like us? Cause that can't be seen by any guest anywhere...just construction workers/imagineers and people taking aerial photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter