Status
Not open for further replies.
Volumetrically, yes; however, I expected a larger footprint for a coaster.
Indoor coasters are never that long. For example, the WDW Space Mountain tracks are about 3200 feet and RnRC is 3400 feet. The longest indoor coaster in the world is about 3800 feet. Based on Disney's comments this will be one of the longest, I expect it will fall between 3400 and 3800. If you aren't making long straight tracks and drops, never a hallmark of indoor coasters, you can fit a whole lot of track in a space as large as that building. There are 2 3200 foot tracks in Space Mountain. I doubt there will be double tracks in this building.

Indoor coasters are never that long. For example, the WDW Space Mountain tracks are about 3200 feet and RnRC is 3400 feet. The longest indoor coaster in the world is about 3800 feet. Based on Disney's comments this will be one of the longest, I expect it will fall between 3400 and 3800. If you aren't making long straight tracks and drops, never a hallmark of indoor coasters, you can fit a whole lot of track in a space as large as that building. There are 2 3200 foot tracks in Space Mountain. I doubt there will be double tracks in this building.
If I am not mistaken I think there will be a double load though. Obviously doesn't affect the track length but something to note.

I thought the launch portion will be in the "show" building which I surmise will create some good speed (good being relative) entering the main structure. I believe the RnR duration at 3400 feet is 1 min. 22 seconds, but if the GoTG adds say another 400 feet, it won't be a long duration ride. It does make me think of Disney's comment on one of longest rides is actually the lineal feet absorbed by the launch tube.

Perhaps there were site concerns that led to the footprint.

I think this was assumed previously, but we're pretty sure that the area under the berm immediately to the south of Muppets is the queue area for Battle Escape?
I'm gonna guess the large holes in the concrete (that are getting covered up with rock work now) will be mounting places for large screens for the queue?
Yes I believe that is part of the queue.

Seems to be coming along nicely. Looks like there will be less "rock" work than I envisioned. Certainly less than Pandora. So that should make it a little easier on the construction timeline(I hope).

Seems to be coming along nicely. Looks like there will be less "rock" work than I envisioned. Certainly less than Pandora. So that should make it a little easier on the construction timeline(I hope).
Less rock work than Pandora? Not sure I am looking at the same thing. They have a lot to do yet.

Hadn't fully realized just how much is being crammed in here, three years doesn't seem so long on build time anymore. Can't wait to see it finished.

Yep. They haven't even started on the farther back rock work on top of the ride buildings like at DL.
That explains it yet. I incorrectly assumed they had started it all. Haven't seen good california pictures to compare.

That explains it yet. I incorrectly assumed they had started it all. Haven't seen good california pictures to compare.

From Westcoaster.net:

DLR-18_0815-F-SWL-0009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter