After Hours- why?

I'm well aware of that but you are allowed in the park at 7 and the party doesn't start until 9:30, I want to book genie plus for a ride or two between 7 and 9 if it's possible to do it with just a party ticket and not a day ticket also, that is why I was asking.

Haven't seen any reports for the after hours events. I was able to buy Genie+ on just my MVMCP ticket for the 3 hours before the party and found it was worth it to me. I started in the morning and had several rides stacked when I entered, party entry was 4 and my first one was maybe 3:20-4:20 time frame.

I was at the first DHS AH this year and was able to buy an $ILL for RotR and did not have any other tickets for that day. Also, while in line before the event started I noticed others did have G+LLs booked: If they had hoppers for the day they probably would not have been waiting outside the park for 30minutes to get the wristband as they could have been in the park and gotten it there (unless they did not know that).

I would say it is probable that you can get G+, and you would know at midnight the night before if you can purchase it or not.

Btw I purchased the $ILL because I thought there was a possibility of a 30 minute wait for RotR during the event (I had no idea with it being the first event), and with the ride being 15 minutes thats a lot of time to take up during the event, so I walked in at 7:00 and did RotR, Star Tours, and Muppets to start the night.

Funny enough, I got on RotR 2 more times during the event with no wait and MFSR took at least 20 minutes...I'm pretty sure it was running at half capacity as only the right side of the Hondo room and exit door were being used.

My family has booked the Feb. 22nd after hours which is now sold out. I just saw that rock n roll coaster will be closing on the 20th!!!! Since there are not that many rides at hollywood studios I am worried that the lines will be awful! Just wondering what you all think?

Wait, you can buy after hours ?!!

Wow...I see It’s for MK or HS...I imagine it’s great for HS because of the very popular rides, but MK has so many overall, and it’s so magical at night.

They aren’t selling for May yet, but I need to do this....

*Oh, I see this is a limited event - ☹️☹️☹️

Last edited:
Still following to see if Disney releases any dates past the current April ones. I really want to do a HS After Hours during my trip in May and if they follow the same schedule, it would line up perfectly with my plans. Any ideas as to when they might announce more if they do?
I called customer service, and the CM said she didn’t know if they’d be extending it

My family has booked the Feb. 22nd after hours which is now sold out. I just saw that rock n roll coaster will be closing on the 20th!!!! Since there are not that many rides at hollywood studios I am worried that the lines will be awful! Just wondering what you all think?
Shouldn't be bad. I went a month ago when ToT was at half capacity and most lines were short. Now ToT is back to full capacity so the loss of RnR shouldn't make it much worse.

I have just returned from my trip and After Hours last Wednesday night at HS, and as promised here’s my report:

After Hours is, in short, the best value I’ve seen in years at WDW resort. The crowds quickly dissipated after the official close time and virtually everything immediately became a walk on. Here’s what I did:

1. Star tours: walk on (9:10)
  2. Rise: 5 min to rey room(9:30)
  3. Slinky Dog: 15 min. Posted wait was 30(10:00)
  4. M&M: walk on (10:20)
  5. Tower: walk on (10:40)
  6. RnRC: walk on ; pre show was off(10:55)
In short, that’s every ride I wanted to hit in less than two hours- with stops for water in between.

The lines for free snacks were long early but by around 10, every stand was a walk up.

I feel like I got a full park day in in 2 hours for a lower price

I have just returned from my trip and After Hours last Wednesday night at HS, and as promised here’s my report:

After Hours is, in short, the best value I’ve seen in years at WDW resort. The crowds quickly dissipated after the official close time and virtually everything immediately became a walk on. Here’s what I did:

In short, that’s every ride I wanted to hit in less than two hours- with stops for water in between.

The lines for free snacks were long early but by around 10, every stand was a walk up.

Very happy to read. We go on the last scheduled (so far) night for DHS.

We also are scheduled to build :) a droid at 8 pm. We plan to buy the backpack for it. I've read that the droid will fit on the rides just fine - RnRC will be closed while we are there, so not a worry. But also read there are lockers we can store it in if need be. Do you know by chance if the lockers are open during the AH?

Can I ask if Oga's was just a walk up during late hours of AH? We don't plan to order anything but would love to walk in and snap pictures if we are able. Maybe we can just get a glass of wine there near the end of AH.

Very happy to read. We go on the last scheduled (so far) night for DHS.

We also are scheduled to build :) a droid at 8 pm. We plan to buy the backpack for it. I've read that the droid will fit on the rides just fine - RnRC will be closed while we are there, so not a worry. But also read there are lockers we can store it in if need be.

Can I ask if Oga's was just a walk up during late hours of AH? We don't plan to order anything but would love to walk in and snap pictures if we are able. Maybe we can just get a glass of wine there near the end of AH.

You should be able to hit Oga's easily, especially by the end of the night.

How fun!
What a great night and great memory.
Thanks for your report ☺️.

I guess the downside to an AH event is the loss of food/snacks/characters. I would consider a DHS after hours event but it would be my only DHS day and for a once in a decade trip… not sure. Seems like a normal park day with G+ makes more sense. But these AH events seem amazing.

I’m desperate for MK, but I don’t know if they will extend MK for when I’m there…MK is so magical, sigh. For those who have been, is HS After Hours worth it? And, do you think I’d need to book right away? I kind of want to see about MK.

Does HS After Hours still have free popcorn and ice cream?

Thanks!!

I really wanted MK, but if they don’t extend into May, it’s good to know that HS AH is fantastic. It means I don’t need to devote a day to HS….

Glad you had a great time!

I’m desperate for MK, but I don’t know if they will extend MK for when I’m there…MK is so magical, sigh. For those who have been, is HS After Hours worth it? And, do you think I’d need to book right away? I kind of want to see about MK.

Does HS After Hours still have free popcorn and ice cream?

Thanks!!

Worth it is really a personal decision. I’ve read really great reviews. However as much as I love DAH @ MK, I won’t do it @ Studios. I get very motions sick & am terrified of heights. The only rides I do @ Studios are Rise, Mickey’s Railroad, Toy Story & occasionally Smugglers Run. My DH will do Star Tours, ToT & Slinky Dog. I just can’t justify paying that much money for me to only do 4 rides. My DH wouldn’t go to AH alone, so we won’t go. LL & genie + will be more cost effective for us. But that’s us, if you would ride everything, it might be very worth it for you.

Yes, popcorn, ice cream treats, soda & water are included in all DAH events. As far as when to buy, February dates sold out in well in advance. However, March events are still available. When to buy is your choice. What risk are you more willing to take… that Studios will sell out & there are no new MK dates. Or that you buy Studios tickets & then MK dates are announced?

Worth it is really a personal decision. I’ve read really great reviews. However as much as I love DAH @ MK, I won’t do it @ Studios. I get very motions sick & am terrified of heights. The only rides I do @ Studios are Rise, Mickey’s Railroad, Toy Story & occasionally Smugglers Run. My DH will do Star Tours, ToT & Slinky Dog. I just can’t justify paying that much money for me to only do 4 rides. My DH wouldn’t go to AH alone, so we won’t go. LL & genie + will be more cost effective for us. But that’s us, if you would ride everything, it might be very worth it for you.

Yes, popcorn, ice cream treats, soda & water are included in all DAH events. As far as when to buy, February dates sold out in well in advance. However, March events are still available. When to buy is your choice. What risk are you more willing to take… that Studios will sell out & there are no new MK dates. Or that you buy Studios tickets & then MK dates are announced?

At DHS, I‘d do Mickey and Minnie, Star Wars Rise, I think Smuggler’s, Slinky Dog, Toy Story Mania and Star Tours. I enjoy riding rides multiple times, so it might be worth it....It would mean I could spend what would have been my HS day elsewhere.

Yep, it’s a calculated risk to wait and see if MK will have AH while I’m there, but at least no one can book HS AH until March 3, which gives me some time to figure it out

Thanks!

Hi all!
Does anyone who has attended the After Hours events at MK or DHS or both care to share their experience and if they would do it again?

I am considering doing this as I hear that the crowd wait times are not existent. However, the prices of the tickets are a little steep.

What are your thoughts?

I did an After Hour event at AK pre-Covid. We LOVED it. Each of us consumed a box of popcorn, 3 ice cream snacks, and three sodas (the last one I didn't open until on the bus headed back to the resort). So - $25 worth of snacks we don't normally buy at all. Lines were non-existent and it was cool being in the park when it was so empty.

Nowadays - when I was looking at the cost - I judged that if I was paying for one of these - I would SKIP paying for an ILL and Genie+ for that park during the trip. That's $30-45 I'm "putting towards" the cost of the event. And for the day of an after hour event - I wouldn't have a separate park ticket for that day - I wouldn't go to a park prior on that day.

So - when I think about it that way - it's not actually that costly IMO. And the experience is fabulous.

Hence - I think they are worth it. I probably wouldn't book one every trip or more than on per trip. But I do recommend them!

I did an After Hour event at AK pre-Covid. We LOVED it. Each of us consumed a box of popcorn, 3 ice cream snacks, and three sodas (the last one I didn't open until on the bus headed back to the resort). So - $25 worth of snacks we don't normally buy at all. Lines were non-existent and it was cool being in the park when it was so empty.

Nowadays - when I was looking at the cost - I judged that if I was paying for one of these - I would SKIP paying for an ILL and Genie+ for that park during the trip. That's $30-45 I'm "putting towards" the cost of the event. And for the day of an after hour event - I wouldn't have a separate park ticket for that day - I wouldn't go to a park prior on that day.

So - when I think about it that way - it's not actually that costly IMO. And the experience is fabulous.

Hence - I think they are worth it. I probably wouldn't book one every trip or more than on per trip. But I do recommend them!
Thanks! I think it would be fun and you are right, if you save the money that you are spending on snacks, Genie and ILL you make up some of the costs.

Thanks so much!

Saw a lot of social media posts last night on the first HS after hours. The crowds were berserk. Right up until the end of the night, in fact, when the line for Tower looked extreme.

Not to ask the super obvious question, but why would anyone pay extra for this experience?
I've never been to an after-hours ticketed event that was crazy. They're usually very civilized, with small lines & lagniappes. I find the price of admission to be well worth it, even if it meant nothing else but my mom got to ride It's A Small World as many times as made her happy! Usually, though, you also get managable crowds at the parades & short lines for some of the best attractions.

Usually, though, you also get managable crowds at the parades

There are no parades at these After Hours events. These are not parties or the modified after hours they had last year. They’re the DAH events like they had pre covid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter