After Hours- why?

There are no parades at these After Hours events. These are not parties or the modified after hours they had last year. They’re the DAH events like they had pre covid
Oh, that's too bad. I used to go when they had parades! Still very crowded, but not overwhelming.

Oh, that's too bad. I used to go when they had parades! Still very crowded, but not overwhelming.

The holiday parties have parades. The Disney After Hours never had parades. Before this year, they were usually only at MK, Hollywood Studios has had a few. Last year, Disney did have modified After Hours events that morphed into modified parties with cavalcades. But these DAH events are different from parties. They focus on attractions & include unlimited popcorn, ice cream treats & soda.

Last edited:
The holiday parties have parades. The Disney After Hours never had parades. They are usually only at MK, Hollywood Studios has had a few. Last year, Disney did have modified After Hours events that morphed into modified parties with cavalcades. But these DAH events are different from parties. They focus on attractions & include unlimited popcorn, ice cream treats & side.
That must be it -- I think it was always holiday parties. LOVED those. Thanks!

We have yet to do an after hours party other than that which is free for deluxe guests. Those have been awesome with really short lines. I've read reports of really short lines and others of huge crowds. I've experienced the same with MNSHP and MVMCP will not go back as the crowds were crazy. The lines super long.

We have yet to do an after hours party other than that which is free for deluxe guests. Those have been awesome with really short lines. I've read reports of really short lines and others of huge crowds. I've experienced the same with MNSHP and MVMCP will not go back as the crowds were crazy. The lines super long.
The actual (paid) After Hours Parties that are currently being offered cap attendance. I have yet to hear anyone say they were crowded. Much the other way and they could easily navigate all they wanted to do, often multiple times.

My family did the HS after hours party 2/22/23 it was a sold out event, also rocknroll coaster was closed. Rise was never less than an hour wait! We only got to ride Rise, smugglers and tower and only once! If I would do it again I would use the early entry time they give you before the event begins and ride smuggler and rise. Then we could have ridden all the other rides with no waits. It was however amazing to walk around with no crowds in the streets! The line for snacks in the begining is nuts but later there are no lines. Our event ended at 12:30 and we still got snacks at 12:28! Not sure if I would do again.

My family did the HS after hours party 2/22/23 it was a sold out event, also rocknroll coaster was closed. Rise was never less than an hour wait! We only got to ride Rise, smugglers and tower and only once! If I would do it again I would use the early entry time they give you before the event begins and ride smuggler and rise. Then we could have ridden all the other rides with no waits. It was however amazing to walk around with no crowds in the streets! The line for snacks in the begining is nuts but later there are no lines. Our event ended at 12:30 and we still got snacks at 12:28! Not sure if I would do again.
We were there as well and would NOT do it again. It was nothing like what I had read about and were constantly waiting in longer lines (other than ToT) longer than what we would normally wait in during the day by utilizing rope drop and LL. It's way cheaper and you have way more time and more offerings just going on a regular park day with LL. - Assuming of course you're buying more than 1 park day tix etc.

I think this sounds appealing but we are doing a 2 day park ticket in June over weekend so I don’t think we would have a choice- possibly the arrival Thursday night. If one was offered I would eliminate a park day ticket

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter