Afternoons or Morning for activities?

giantwiant

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are heading to Aulani in a couple of weeks & will have a rental car. We were planning on offsite activities in the morning (Bishop Museum, Pearl Harbor, snorkel trip, etc...) & then back to Aulani for pool time in the afternoon. However, I keep reading about afternoon tradewinds that can make afternoon swimming a bit chilly. Should we reverse our plans? Pool in the morning & offsite activity in the afternoon?

Thanks in advance.

We were there in June and the weather was great all day. We did most excursions in the morning.

We have been in both summer and winter and it's never too cold to swim. Aulani pools are heated so it's warm even at night. The lagoon at Aulani is sheltered so always seems warm, and even if you go driving to the beaches on the windward (windier) side of the island, the water is at worst "refreshing" and not cold in winter. I actually find the water warmer in the late afternoon when the sun has been heating it all day.

I’d definitely recommend snorkeling and Pearl Harbor in the morning to better avoid the possibility of being affected by winds. Also, all the Aulani pools are sort of protected by the horseshoe and all the rock work, so unless the wind is coming straight into the cove, it’s probably pretty good in there.

I’d definitely recommend snorkeling and Pearl Harbor in the morning to better avoid the possibility of being affected by winds. Also, all the Aulani pools are sort of protected by the horseshoe and all the rock work, so unless the wind is coming straight into the cove, it’s probably pretty good in there.
I agree with this. I have also been to Pearl Harbor in January and had it extremely hot one day in the afternoon. I would recommend Pearl Harbor as early as possible.

I agree with this. I have also been to Pearl Harbor in January and had it extremely hot one day in the afternoon. I would recommend Pearl Harbor as early as possible.
Plus if the winds get high enough, the boats won’t run.

We try to book all excursions in the morning to avoid the winds.

When you do Pearl Harbor, I highly suggest visiting the Missouri as well.

I think the weather will be fine all day.

Try to get back to Aulani by 3pm to beat traffic, or stay out until after 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter