Age married?

How old were you when you first got married?

• teen under 18

• teen 18 or up

• 20-22

• 23-25

• 27-29

• 30-34

• 35-39

• 40-44

• 45-50

• over 50

• never married

Results are only viewable after voting.
Married a week after my 23rd birthday. My DH was 24. We were college sweethearts and together 3 years before getting married.

This summer we will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary :)

We were both 22. We had been together for 7 years at that point. It will be 14 years married, 21 together this year :)

I was 21 and my husband was 25. We started dating in March of '89 and married in Feb. of '90, kind of quick. Next month we will be married 24 years.

Heather

You don't have a 'none of the above' option (look carefully at the age ranges) ;)

I was 26, DH was 34. We met in grad school, and we were the first of my circle of friends to get married....have kids....etc. Looking at this poll, I guess we must have been late bloomers!

We were 28. We knew each other most of our lives, and dated about 6 years. Only a few of our friends got married before us, and we were one of the first couples to have children.

My mom got married at 22, and felt it was way too young. People here get married later than in other areas.

I got married at 25, DH and I were together for almost 5 years before we got married. I think I was the first of my friends to get married

Both of us were 23. We've been married 18 years so far.

We waited 5 years before we felt ready to have children - at age 28.

We were the first in our circle of friends to get married and by far the first to become parents. 28 is very young to have children in these parts.

You don't have a 'none of the above' option (look carefully at the age ranges) ;)

I was 26, DH was 34. We met in grad school, and we were the first of my circle of friends to get married....have kids....etc. Looking at this poll, I guess we must have been late bloomers!

DH and I were college sweethearts and were the first of our circle to be married and have kids. With the exception of one of my friends, we are the only couple still married to the same person.

I was 22 dh was 24. We had been together 4 years then and waited 5 years before starting our family. In fact we found out I was pregnant with ds1 on our fifth anniversary and ds2 on our 8th anniversary.

In June we will celebrate our 21st anniversary.

You don't have a 26 on the poll.

I was 26 and DH was 28. But we joke now that now one should get married until they are 30!

About to celebrate 26 years of marriage. We had our first date in 1986, were engaged in 1987 and married in 1988.

My wife and I were both 25 (we're a month apart in age) when we were married. We met as college sophomores, so we dated for 6 years before we were married.

Our first son was born when we were 28, second son at 33. We've been married just over 16 years now. :)

I was 22 and DH was 21. We dated for almost two years, but knew shortly after we started dating that we were going to be together forever. We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary in Nov. :goodvibes It was the right age for me, but everyone is different. You will know when the time is right. :goodvibes

I was 21 and DH was 24, dated 2.5 years, married almost 33 years. We met my first day of college (his senior year). Our DS (30) is still single and probably will be for a while as he's not dating anyone right now. Our DS (27) just got married this past April to our DDIL (27). They were both 26.

I was 19, DH was 21. We had dated 3 years before marrying.

Our DS was born not quite 3 years later. He turns 18 tomorrow. DH and I celebrate our 21st anniversary on May 1st this year.

We were young.....oh so young. But you know....we just knew it was "right". We were soul mates then and it hasn't changed since. We were much more grown up in our way of thinking (and acting) than most of our peers, so surprisingly our parents were very supportive. We were good for each other and it showed.

Its a very different world now than it was in 1993. I honestly can't imagine my DS getting married at 19. But he's also a different personality than me (much more fun :rotfl:) which also shapes his future differently than mine.

DH and I met when I was 19 and he was 18. I was his "tour guide" on a campus visit. We dated from the time he arrived at college until we got married. I was 23 and he was 22. I felt like that was really old, as most of my high school friends were married within a couple of months of graduation, if not before. However, now I look back and think I was really too young to understand what I was getting into. We began trying to have a family, but couldn't for 7 years. It was an emotional struggle, that brought us closer together.

We have been married 24 years in May, and I really feel like all we've been through has made us closer. He wasn't my best friend when we got married, but he certainly is now.

I was 22 (1.5 months after my birthday) and DH was 24 (2.5 months before his).

We had dated since we were 15 and 18. (Which seems like a huge gap at that age but he was held back in school due to a speech issue when he was young and I made the cutoff for my grade by 4 days so we were only a year apart in school due to this my parents and most others didn't realize we were almost 3 full years apart when I was 15).

We are now a few months past my 5 year anniversary.

I was nearly 21 and he had just turned 24. We had dated 5 years. He graduated from college with a Masters Degree and had worked a year when we got married. I was in college and finished my degree as a married woman! We didn't have our first child for 5 years. Young, yes, but we didn't really notice! It just made sense to get married then. We celebrate 25 years this summer, with a Disney Vacation!

[

I hope you do not mind my asking, did your parents know you were dating a guy in his 20s when you were 15? How did they feel about that, and looking back now how do you feel about it?[/QUOTE]

No I don't mind, my parents didn't know we were dating then my dad put a stop to it for awhile, then our dates became DH sitting on our couch with me for a long while.

My parents were very unhappy, but they already knew him and his personality (very shy quiet, respectful guy). Right before my dad died over 6 years ago he told me that he grew to love my DH as a son and I picked a good guy.

DH and I talk about it if our dd19 or dd16 brought home a guy that much older we would go through the roof:rotfl2: luckily they are both dating guys a year older right now.

I did come to find out that my maternal grandparents had the same exact age difference between them, but my grandmother was only 17 when they got married.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter