Aggressive Birds at BWV?

CarolAnnC

<font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin
A friend of mine told me of an experience he had while staying at BWV. He had a BW view room and was sitting on the balcony with the door open. A bird actually flew right into the room! It did fly out again (thankfully), but I am wondering if the birds are becoming even more aggressive than they were before? Why is this a problem at BW? There are obviously birds flying all over WDW and plenty of food and snacks around, but it seems that the birds who reside down by the Boardwalk are more likely to fly at people and be generally more aggressive.

Anybody have any experiences with this at BWV?

Been to BWV 2 times. Never had any problem with birds. As a matter of fact did not notice many at all, even while eating on the boards!!

CarolAnn,
I've never stayed at BWV but at VWL the ducks actually lounge in the pools! I just think that's gross and I try to chase them out as soon as I see them. I try to also remember not to feed them so that it doesn't become a bigger problem.

I don't think it's specific to BWV. My wife had a hot dog taken out of her hand at MK by a seagull.

There is a problem with birds on the Boardwalk. They have little machines that you can buy food to feed the ducks, but the birds try to swoop down and steal much of it. This was the first time, however, that I have heard of birds actually swooping into a villa for a visit! :)

During our last trip to BWV in May, DH and I were eating breakfast at the BW Bakery out side and the birds were VERY insistant about hanging out near you, hoping for food!! We didn't feed them in fear of them getting wild but it was making me nervous! LOL! I didn't find any problems with them hopping onto the balcony--however, we didn't spend that much time the room! :D

One thing we noticed was bird droppings everywhere on the Boardwalk. I made the mistake of leaning against the railing by the water taking video of the scenary and ended up with bird poop all over my shirt. Yuck!

Even the birds know that BWV is the best place to be at WDW!

Do you hear about them flying into rooms at OKW?

Hey, if you wanna check out the best resorts, just follow the birds. They have their run of WDW, so they know all the best places. :D ;)

ROTFL John! :D ;)

On my next WDW trip, I will have to pay better attention where these birds are flying off too! Afterall, they have the best view! :)

I don't know anything about the birds at BWV (though it is our home resort we haven't stayed there yet!) but I've seen them be quite insistent all over WDW....we've had encounters in Epcot, at the GF and elsewhere. At FW the ducks tried to gain entry to our tent (so does that mean our tent is as awesome as a villa at the BW? LOL) and we saw ducks swimming in one of the pools at the Contemporary. I think ducks probably swim in all the pools when no one is there.

I'll worry if the BW starts looking like the old Discovery Island (anyone recall that:eek: ?)

During our last visit to BWV we were very pleased with a preferred room, balcony overlooking the boardwalk until the second day when we discovered birds everywhere. There was so much bird poo on the balcony chairs and rails that we stopped using the porch. Such a shame in light of the beautiful view !

i don't think you have to worry, this was an accident on the birds part. When i was working on my condo last spring, I had the doors open to my balcony and a dove that was hanging around a palm tree alot flew in. since the interior of a building is dark compared to the sunny outdoors they tend to mistake indoors for a shady glen. As soon as the dove flew in, he realized his mistake and was trying to get back out again!:)

The birds around Storm Along Bay at the Yacht Club are very aggressive. They land right on your table or chair when they spot food.

Are you afraid of them? Didn't you see Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" Get the hell away from them AAAAAAAARRRGGGHH!!!! Help me!!!!!!!!

In addition to the agressive birds at the BW, there were plenty at VB when we were there in January. We saw one pick a cookie from a kid's meal off one of the tables by the pool when the youngster left it sitting on her plate while she walked over the the edge of the pool. I was eating a hot dog at the time and you can be sure I made sure to keep my hands on it between bites ;).

Ralph

NOT at my beloved Vero Beach, too!! Yikes! Those birds will stop at nothing to get what they want! ;) I bet they cannot wait for Beach Club Villas to open! LOL! :D

I work on the AC Boardwalk and believe me they are aggressive there also, it's just mother nature!
The company put up an electric rail on the employees balcony to try and alleviate the bird problem. Those birds catch on after they get shocked a few times. It aslo did'nt solve the problem. They just land on the picnic tables instead.
Maybe if we ignore them they will go away!!! :smooth:

Luv2Dream :

On our last trip in early June to the GF, we noticed a duck going in the pool (even with a bunch of people in it!) and at first thought it was gross, but then he started eating all of the bugs out of the water, and actually made it a much less gross pool than it had been! :D
I'm sure that usually there aren't a lot of bugs in the pool there, but there sure were that day. It must have been *just* before they were going to come and clean it out. But the ducks helped out quite a bit!

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter