Airfare

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Sometimes you can do too much planning...

This past Feb (President's week) DH and I went to WDW and booked air 2 months in advance, and paid 400/person from NY. Rather than have the same thing happen for our Oct trip with the kids, we've already booked air with Jetblue, at 682 total.

I thought that was wonderful until I just checked Expedia. 145.50/person with taxes! Looks like we overpaid about 80 total, and can't get a voucher cause
Jetblue fares did not go down.

Please help me to feel better- Does the total on expedia include ALL charges, or do you pay extra for segment fees, etc. Or is Jetblue that much better than TWA, Delta, etc?:mad:

From everything I've heard, I think you will really enjoy JetBlue.

President's week is a very popular time for New Yorkers to travel to Orlando, so it's necessary to purchase your tickets farther than 2 months in advance to get the best fare. October is very different, nowhere near as busy.

You can check to see if the fare you got from Expedia includes all fees by going to the final screen before agreeing to all the restrictions. The price on that page will be the full price.

It appears the only airline with that low fare is TWA, and I am wary to fly with them this time. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking them, but in Feb, our return flight was 3 hrs delayed, and they charge 100/ticket change fees. Jetblue only charges 25/ticket and has about 95% on time flights.

Even though I am trying to budget this trip wisely, with two DDs coming with us, I think the extra 80 was wisely spent (also if they can't get excused from school).

Maybe they'll be AP rates for AS in Oct? (or am I getting too crazy now)

I doubt if there will be too many AP rates for oct. its no longer value season. but they have been coming out with some darn good discounts lately! you never know! its best to keep checking backa nd then go to the resorts board as well they post the ap rates as soon as they come out! jet blue has had nothing but rave reviews! as for TWA they are now AA so hopefully their svc will improve!

There haven't been any AP rates for at least the last 3 Octobers; but with the apparently lower occupancy rates so far this year who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter