Airmiles Armchair Chatter

At first i was prepared to say nope until a bit of in depth googling unearthed this news release from Friday August 17th that says yup, they are in a strike position on August 25th. You can read the whole thing here:

Will Canada Post go on Strike???

SIDE NOTE: I swear our letter carrier has been on personal work-slow down for YEARS ... we go days with nothing, not even those stupid junk postcards from businesses and then our mailbox is stuffed to overflowing. Drives hubby nuts since a fair number of his clients are still so old-school that they send cheques!
Darn! I hadn't heard that at all, and I just sent my daughter her photo id card that came in the mail. We drove her last week to PEI from ON for 6 months of musical therapy internship.

Just thinking about my Rexall shop today. I got 9AM L&G, I had 3AM for a toothpaste which was on sale. Couldn't figure out where the other 6 came from as I hadn't loaded any other items. Then it dawned on me. I purchased 3 of those tubes of toothpaste so I guess I got 3AM for each tube. I wasn't aware it would allow us to purchase multiple quantities. I thought it was 1 unit and done.

I'm probably late to the game with this insight but thought I would share in case there are others out there who could take advantage of this.

Just thinking about my Rexall shop today. I got 9AM L&G, I had 3AM for a toothpaste which was on sale. Couldn't figure out where the other 6 came from as I hadn't loaded any other items. Then it dawned on me. I purchased 3 of those tubes of toothpaste so I guess I got 3AM for each tube. I wasn't aware it would allow us to purchase multiple quantities. I thought it was 1 unit and done.

I'm probably late to the game with this insight but thought I would share in case there are others out there who could take advantage of this.
I thought the same time but when i looked at my LnG offers on the computer i actually had 2 offers loaded that got used ...both for toothpaste but written slightly differently??? I've given up trying to understand these offers :P

At first i was prepared to say nope until a bit of in depth googling unearthed this news release from Friday August 17th that says yup, they are in a strike position on August 25th. You can read the whole thing here:

Will Canada Post go on Strike???

SIDE NOTE: I swear our letter carrier has been on personal work-slow down for YEARS ... we go days with nothing, not even those stupid junk postcards from businesses and then our mailbox is stuffed to overflowing. Drives hubby nuts since a fair number of his clients are still so old-school that they send cheques!

Same here,,,some days our mailbox is so packed and then the *dry spell* days where we get nothing.
No rhyme or reason that I can figure out.
Hugs Mel

I thought the same time but when i looked at my LnG offers on the computer i actually had 2 offers loaded that got used ...both for toothpaste but written slightly differently??? I've given up trying to understand these offers :P

The thing about my L&G is the spend 60 get 60 disappears after use but none of the other products do.
example: I bought Zantac today--got the 12 points from L&G but the offer is still showing in my L&G.
weird.......
Hugs Mel

My Etsy airmile from my purchase July 23rd finally posted... I should get 50 for using a new store. Phew. still waiting on recent purchases but I guess it takes a month sometimes? Ugh.

Got an email from Air Canada that their purchase of aeroplan seems to be going through. I guess that's good? I have a handful of aeroplan points, not something I've been pursuing since they were going to be fairly worthless. Perhaps I'll change my mind on that.

Coming to you live from POFQ!!!

Just wanted to add a little info about the car rental. When we arrived at MCO I tried using the kiosk but I got to a certain point and then it was showing a price of $289. So I cancelled the transaction and went to the counter. Other than the usual hard press on the gas and insurance it went perfectly smooth. The paper work showed the $89 that I was due to pay. Got out to the garbage to discover that the econo aisle is no more. It starts at compact. I always book econo and, so far, have always received a free upgrade of one or two classes. Funny though the compact row had all econo class cars except for the Versa that we took and a quad cab pick up which my DD begged for.

Here's the direct link for the one-day only Rexall coupon -- now a small point you could argue if you want is the fine print on the coupon does NOT say only the 2 types of products not sure if that's worth it though.
Spend $25 on Rexall or BeBetter products get 50 AM Valid Thursday Aug 23rd ONLY
and some suggestions from the Duck on how to use it :P using items that are in the flyer or items we've tried and fallen in love with:

• BeBetter deluxe nuts on "sale" for $6.49 buy 2 get 6 AM - might be a bit $$ but no peanuts (which i think are a waste of money) and much less salt that other brands
  • Rexall disposable razors on sale 20% off , buy 2 get 5 AM -- not ideal for everyday use but PERFECT for leaving in suitcase
  • Rexall bandaids are on sale and have miles (can't find proof but pretty sure) -- if you read the package carefully some are made in Canada for those of you who are trying to fill your basket with CDN made items!
  • Almost all of the BeBetter snack products are just as good (or better) than big brands and often cheaper with shelf miles!
I don't see why it wouldn't be worth trying to combine this with the other coupon (& threshold spend offer some of us have in our LnG) and spend $60 (MY LnG threshold) to get 170 AM --I always ask them to just please scan them all and cross my fingers. Can't fight it if they don't work but can't hurt either!!

Hmmm
Thanks for posting a link to the coupon Jacqueline
I have been trying to figure out some of the Rexall brands I regularly use
:Epsom salts
:Rexall brand Advil (Ibuprofen)
:Nosh and Co water
:Chips,,Pickle/Ripple/BBQ
:Beer nuts
:Savvy tissues (on sale 69 cents a box this week)

I might see what I need to stock up on.

Hugs Mel

Hmmm
Thanks for posting a link to the coupon Jacqueline
I have been trying to figure out some of the Rexall brands I regularly use
:Epsom salts
:Rexall brand Advil (Ibuprofen)
:Nosh and Co water
:Chips,,Pickle/Ripple/BBQ
:Beer nuts
:Savvy tissues (on sale 69 cents a box this week)

I might see what I need to stock up on.

Hugs Mel
I wasn't 100% sure about the Nosh & Co products (or the savvy tissues either) until i did a google search (Google is my bestie!)
OMG some of those snacks are to die for!! Discovered them during the Shop the Block 2016!! The Nosh & Co mixed nuts are even BETTER than the BeBetter ones!

upload_2018-8-22_11-28-6.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter