Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So for my future reference,,,travel size or small products are not included in the Beauty event deal
I did get everything I need for my trip next month though just minus 100 airmiles which is a &*tch.
Heads up Nintendo Switch is the prize of the day on Reebee
https://www.reebee.com/flyers

Hugs
Mel
Oooh I would love to win one of those. We don't plan to buy one but free would be a good reason to try it :) We love the Nintendo WiiU still!

So this not really an Am post...but a PC optimum post. I had around 380.00 worth of points. The youngest kiddo wanted the nintendo switch ( :crazy2: another gaming system in the house :sad2: ) and I really didn't want to spend the 500.00 for the system and one game. I mean do we REALLY need another gaming system. I could spend that on something else instead of another gaming system. But then I remembered that shoppers has gaming systems. When I looked at the shoppers flyer, I noticed they were having a spend your points sale. So we hit shoppers early - not long after they opened, bought one gaming system and 2 games and paid 37.00 out of our pocket!!!

I was going to use points - money ( cash out the groceries and just stash the cash ) for excursions for our Mexico trip. Oh well...the kiddo will be thrilled that was really the only thing he wanted, and I had just said...NOPE...not happening bud! Guess it's back to watching the bonus days and see how much I can save in the next 5 months until we go to Mexico.

So this not really an Am post...but a PC optimum post. I had around 380.00 worth of points. The youngest kiddo wanted the nintendo switch ( :crazy2: another gaming system in the house :sad2: ) and I really didn't want to spend the 500.00 for the system and one game. I mean do we REALLY need another gaming system. I could spend that on something else instead of another gaming system. But then I remembered that shoppers has gaming systems. When I looked at the shoppers flyer, I noticed they were having a spend your points sale. So we hit shoppers early - not long after they opened, bought one gaming system and 2 games and paid 37.00 out of our pocket!!!

I was going to use points - money ( cash out the groceries and just stash the cash ) for excursions for our Mexico trip. Oh well...the kiddo will be thrilled that was really the only thing he wanted, and I had just said...NOPE...not happening bud! Guess it's back to watching the bonus days and see how much I can save in the next 5 months until we go to Mexico.

I had a similar thing happen back on Black Friday. The saturday was a spend your points day and I had a 20x the points offer in the app soooo I ended up getting what I needed at about half the price and getting back 70,000 points. I got into my car in a little bit of shock actually.

Apple
40764+-+Apple+20x+Event_LIVE_HPB_1140x360_E.jpg

I have been killing it with the Optimum points lately. Especially as I got their PC card with the 10x the points until the end of the year if you shop at Shoppers. Well guess what? You get that 10x on gift cards (but not the regular Shoppers points with gift cards, but who cares?), so I bought a whack of gift cards to Disney to pay off my disney cruise, lol. At one point I had over 3000$'s worth of points. So we also bought the Switch, controllers, chargers, and I've been hitting various Shoppers to get some games too on points. I love those redeem 300,000 points and get 450$ (150$ extra) offers, those were good too. Or the one that said redeem 500,000 points and get 40% back in points. So yeah, got 200$ back in points for using points. Gotta love it.

I just had something post that i thought i was gonna need to chase down (and had frankly almost forgotten about!) I had an offer in the APP to shop at 2 partners before Oct 14th and get 50 AM! WOW, i wasn't sure how i was gonna prove that :P

AMEX posted our monthly miles and that let me cash in for one more travel voucher, up to $3,200 worth now!!!!!!!!

My PC points story: I wanted an Instant Pot but didn't want to pay for one, I mean do i really need one more "one-trick-pony" appliance in my tiny kitchen?? SURE thing, Black Friday (AKA my birthday) the danged things were on sale for $69.99 and there was no tax SO it was completely free. Took half my points but we weren't saving them for any specific reason.

NOW, here's what's happening in our household today .... Kids will all be here for Christmas/Birthday dinner soon-ish, turkey is in the oven, carrots & brussel sprouts are in crockpots (yes i have 3 of those :P ), the rolls are in the fridge rising (Max & I made the dough last week and I froze them to bake once the turkey comes out) & I'm just getting ready to chuck the taters into my new instant pot. Doing some of the never-ending dishes a big meal creates and something didn't sound quite right when i pulled the plug ... awww CRAP, one of the drains has completely rusted out .. water everywhere and I'm down a sink :crazy2: It's our son's b-day tomorrow so he's gonna get to help his dad buy a sink (somewhere we can get some points of some type, either AM or Aeroplan) and put it in!! (he isn't aware of that fact yet :rolleyes1 )

I just had something post that i thought i was gonna need to chase down (and had frankly almost forgotten about!) I had an offer in the APP to shop at 2 partners before Oct 14th and get 50 AM! WOW, i wasn't sure how i was gonna prove that :P

AMEX posted our monthly miles and that let me cash in for one more travel voucher, up to $3,200 worth now!!!!!!!!

My PC points story: I wanted an Instant Pot but didn't want to pay for one, I mean do i really need one more "one-trick-pony" appliance in my tiny kitchen?? SURE thing, Black Friday (AKA my birthday) the danged things were on sale for $69.99 and there was no tax SO it was completely free. Took half my points but we weren't saving them for any specific reason.

NOW, here's what's happening in our household today .... Kids will all be here for Christmas/Birthday dinner soon-ish, turkey is in the oven, carrots & brussel sprouts are in crockpots (yes i have 3 of those :P ), the rolls are in the fridge rising (Max & I made the dough last week and I froze them to bake once the turkey comes out) & I'm just getting ready to chuck the taters into my new instant pot. Doing some of the never-ending dishes a big meal creates and something didn't sound quite right when i pulled the plug ... awww CRAP, one of the drains has completely rusted out .. water everywhere and I'm down a sink :crazy2: It's our son's b-day tomorrow so he's gonna get to help his dad buy a sink (somewhere we can get some points of some type, either AM or Aeroplan) and put it in!! (he isn't aware of that fact yet :rolleyes1 )
LOVE my instant pot! Handiest appliance I have. Using it tonight for a pasta dish.

I have a list of final things I need to buy tomorrow during the day as I will NOT be stepping foot into ANY store from Friday onward LOL
The best part of shopping for me is running out to some store or another on Christmas Eve day. It is a Christmas tradition in my house. My Dad used to shop at a store called Savettes on Christmas Eve to buy presents so we continue that tradition and do some type of shopping on Christmas Eve day even if it is just buying lottery scratch tickets.

I have a list of final things I need to buy tomorrow during the day as I will NOT be stepping foot into ANY store from Friday onward LOL

The best part of shopping for me is running out to some store or another on Christmas Eve day. It is a Christmas tradition in my house. My Dad used to shop at a store called Savettes on Christmas Eve to buy presents so we continue that tradition and do some type of shopping on Christmas Eve day even if it is just buying lottery scratch tickets.

Oh my goodness-I was out to a couple of stores today and sheesh, it was busy! I dont think I could do Christmas Eve, I would go bananas.

I have most of my shopping done but I do need a couple of things for my mother and I realized I am going to have to go out and face the crowds to do it-oh well, could be a lot worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter