Airmiles Armchair Chatter

IMO...Onyx is no big deal. For me the biggest perk is the discounted miles required to redeem for merchandise....but I rarely use my miles for that. I use my miles primarily for WDW tickets. So I guess as with anything, it's a very personal thing....how do you plan to use your miles???

If you want Onyx then head to Rexall today to make use of the coupons and that will get you the 200 miles in one shot.

I only have cash miles, so mine aren't redeemed for merchandise, tickets, etc. I am also concerned if I spend today and it doesn't get credited to the new year will it count towards this year's 6000 miles needed? I am still also waiting on the 50 airmiles from Samsung and 100 from Sobeys for Shop the block. Without those ones i wouldn't hit the 6000 miles either.

I only have cash miles, so mine aren't redeemed for merchandise, tickets, etc. I am also concerned if I spend today and it doesn't get credited to the new year will it count towards this year's 6000 miles needed? I am still also waiting on the 50 airmiles from Samsung and 100 from Sobeys for Shop the block. Without those ones i wouldn't hit the 6000 miles either.
If you look at your account you'll see that miles get posted with the date they were earned in most cases. Things like the bonus for using cash miles and perhaps the Samsung ones will unfortunately post with whatever they feel like. In our case the metro we shop at only submits their info about once every 3 weeks so I'm always waiting for those to show but even though most of the miles we earn in December won't actually be in my account till 2019 they will still count towards 2018 totals. If you are shopping today the miles will post with today's date, the bonus miles are a bit more complicated!
I'm not sure what the advantage of ONYX is for cash miles though...

Ok
I may have to change my Rexall shops to the evening. The daytime cashier there just hates that I can stack these coupons and I am not sure why or that it is any of her business.
I tried lending my paper coupons to a lady in front of me and she (cashier) wouldn't let me do it,,said she has to turn the coupons in at night,,I said these are readily available on the app and via phone email. Still no go--lady was upset --she just spent over $150.00 and could have gotten 600 airmiles instead she got nothing,I didn't have my phone with me or I would of just given the coupons to her and used my phone.
That's it for me for airmiles this week.

Hugs
Mel

That sounds awful Mel. I know cashiers aren't supposed to be the gatekeepers of the programs, but maybe top execs keep making comments down the ladder about reducing their use with customers? :( It is not like there is any extra paperwork or effort to scan a few more things and push two more buttons... *sigh*

I had AM update from our many RONA trips and some gas at Shell... so I got to update my signature! Exciting!

Anyone else’s Samsung pay 75 am for linking number NOT posted. I did it the first day and still nothing. Also I have received my airmile shop points with the multipliers but not the STB bonus of 50 am. Weird!

Anyone else’s Samsung pay 75 am for linking number NOT posted. I did it the first day and still nothing. Also I have received my airmile shop points with the multipliers but not the STB bonus of 50 am. Weird!

Did you make sure that you locked the little lock beside the air miles number?

Most of us have not received out airmilesshops miles.

I think when you purchase airmiles you have to do it in blocks of 100 (?). Maybe more, you can't just purchase the # you need.

Just confirmed with Airmiles site. Increments of 100 up to 2500 (max) at $.20 ea.
Makes sense. I’d still spend the $20 to buy the miles if I didn’t want to wait another week to earn them. It’s usually .30 per mile so it’s a bargain :rotfl:

I think when you purchase airmiles you have to do it in blocks of 100 (?). Maybe more, you can't just purchase the # you need.

Just confirmed with Airmiles site. Increments of 100 up to 2500 (max) at $.20 ea.

Makes sense. I’d still spend the $20 to buy the miles if I didn’t want to wait another week to earn them. It’s usually .30 per mile so it’s a bargain :rotfl:

I’ve done for WDW tickets and would do ot again if needed. 20$ to be safe and get them on time is worth it imo.

I'm all ready for today
I have my Elf hat and flashing christmas light necklace,,,,,

ohhh-yeah-winter-break-begins-in-one-more-day.jpg

Happy Day
Hugs
Mel

I'm all ready for today
I have my Elf hat and flashing christmas light necklace,,,,,

ohhh-yeah-winter-break-begins-in-one-more-day.jpg

Happy Day
Hugs
Mel
You'll be out that door like....

Me on the other hand...if I get through the work I've got laid out today I will only need to go back in on Sunday and Monday. If I don't get my list finished for today I'll be going in tomorrow too. Did mention I hate work in December?

Leaving tomorrow morning at 3am to visit my parents in Ft Lauderdale and then WDW for NYE!!! So I want to wish you all Happy Holidays!!

JOYEUSES FÊTES!!!

Have a great trip! We were originally going to be in Hollywood (at the Margaritaville Resort) and then Boca Raton but cancelled because we decided our 6 year old should be home in the Ottawa snow for Santa. Its 6 degrees and raining ...my backyard rink is taking a beating today!

Oh @isabellea have a wonderful time!

Thank you!! If I survive my mom I’m sure we will!! The kids don’t know we are going to WDW Dec 29-Jan4 (it’s their Christmas gift)!!

Have a great trip! We were originally going to be in Hollywood (at the Margaritaville Resort) and then Boca Raton but cancelled because we decided our 6 year old should be home in the Ottawa snow for Santa. Its 6 degrees and raining ...my backyard rink is taking a beating today!

My 6yo hates rain and the no snow situation in Mtl so she’s very happy we’re going away for the first time at Christmas. Usually we do a Facetime with my parents on Dec 25 so they are very happy to be there with them this year. My kids request for Christmas day is to go to the beach!

Woo! Back from a loooooooooong shopping trip. I found enough things to stock up on to make it worth the $150 and a bit more!
Spent $230, earned 249 AM plus an additional 75 AM if the coupons scanned properly - it shows on my receipt as Promo 9 and Promo 10 so hopefully it posts correctly! Though fine print did mention something about not getting the AM until year-end...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter