Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Merry Christmas
Hugs
Mel

20c2fdfe289404af8ca3102697ca851e.jpg

O/T Off Topic
I have a Dr appointment tomorrow,,consult to see about having something injected into my right knee.
I believe it is a cortisone shot and was wondering your opinion --my trip to Disney is in 7 days,,while I was hoping this would help with my mobility I have never had this kind of shot so am I taking a TOO big of a risk here doing this so close to my trip? I am unable to be overly objective with this as the mere thought of a needle into my knee has me a bit scared.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

O/T Off Topic
I have a Dr appointment tomorrow,,consult to see about having something injected into my right knee.
I believe it is a cortisone shot and was wondering your opinion --my trip to Disney is in 7 days,,while I was hoping this would help with my mobility I have never had this kind of shot so am I taking a TOO big of a risk here doing this so close to my trip? I am unable to be overly objective with this as the mere thought of a needle into my knee has me a bit scared.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel
I have had Synvisc injections in my knees several times. Never had an issue. The doctor okayed me to go right back to work however one of the other women I worked with had them and said her doctor told her to keep her knee elevated for a few days. She was a lazy sort who was always looking for ways to stay home so I never questioned my doctors okay to go straight back. I did do a Disney trip a month after an injection once and didn't have any issues then either.
Not sure about cortisone though. Synvisc always did the trick for me. I will tell you, I had to look away when she was doing the actual injection. Weak stomach here. Hope all goes well.

I have had Synvisc injections in my knees several times. Never had an issue. The doctor okayed me to go right back to work however one of the other women I worked with had them and said her doctor told her to keep her knee elevated for a few days. She was a lazy sort who was always looking for ways to stay home so I never questioned my doctors okay to go straight back. I did do a Disney trip a month after an injection once and didn't have any issues then either.
Not sure about cortisone though. Synvisc always did the trick for me. I will tell you, I had to look away when she was doing the actual injection. Weak stomach here. Hope all goes well.

Thanks Tink
I guess I will explain to him my vacation plans and see what he suggests.
I have a baker's cyst that is refilling with fluid and causing swelling and pain.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
look here

https://imgur.com/SzmBoXQ

This is my *Other* granddaughter (my youngest son tells me that this is all I am getting,,no kids for them).
Her name is Lady Grey,,she was a rescue kitten my son and daughter inlaw adopted last year.
She was very easy to buy for for Christmas (cheap),,plays with everything and anything she can find.
And Global Pets gives me (her Nana) airmiles when I buy her toys and treats.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
O/T Off Topic
Thanks
Hugs
Mel
I did the same thing, for the first time in November, prior to my December Disney trip. My doctor was awesome and there was no discomfort whatsoever. I had nothing to do (no elevating, resting etc), other than get the shot. I drove myself home. Sadly, the cortisone did absolutely nothing for me. I was very disappointed. I'm going to make another appointment to see what the next level up is. She did tell me, but I forgot the name of the shot. And, I will have to pay for it (cortisone is covered by the government, the other is not).
I was totally dreading the Disney trip, but we went with the plan of going slow, and I used my cane for support at all times in the Parks. Very necessary to keep the weight off that one knee, and to support the "stronger knee". In the end, we enjoyed ourselves by not having huge expectations on ourselves, resting and people watching a lot. I did all the big rides and the small ones that I wanted...and then some, so, all in all, a fun and successful trip.

I did the same thing, for the first time in November, prior to my December Disney trip. My doctor was awesome and there was no discomfort whatsoever. I had nothing to do (no elevating, resting etc), other than get the shot. I drove myself home. Sadly, the cortisone did absolutely nothing for me. I was very disappointed. I'm going to make another appointment to see what the next level up is. She did tell me, but I forgot the name of the shot. And, I will have to pay for it (cortisone is covered by the government, the other is not).
I was totally dreading the Disney trip, but we went with the plan of going slow, and I used my cane for support at all times in the Parks. Very necessary to keep the weight off that one knee, and to support the "stronger knee". In the end, we enjoyed ourselves by not having huge expectations on ourselves, resting and people watching a lot. I did all the big rides and the small ones that I wanted...and then some, so, all in all, a fun and successful trip.
The Synvisc that I had for my injections was not covered, was fairly expensive but my work drug plan covered a lot of it. It worked for my issues and no down time.

Hi Deb
Thanks for sharing with me....
I have been looking forward to getting away but at times I've wondered if I'd of been better to just stay home and rest.
I have also been watching the disabilities threads and thinking if I have to I will get a EVC and I have adjusted my expectations
from previous trips. I've made some sit down reservations and all my FP+,,I do enjoy a nice cup of coffee and people watching.
Hopefully the weather is a bit warm and I can just enjoy some sit around the pool time.
Thanks again
Mel

P.S. Tink and Deb
I know someone who swears by Hyaluronic acid injections for knee pain.
She is a very spry 80 year old and says they works wonders for her knees.
I know she pays the doctor a fee for the shots.
https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/osteoarthritis-of-the-knee-hyaluronic-acid-joint-injections

Last edited:
Anyone else’s Samsung pay 75 am for linking number NOT posted. I did it the first day and still nothing. Also I have received my airmile shop points with the multipliers but not the STB bonus of 50 am. Weird!
Not posted here either. And yes I locked the lock on the screen at the end of the number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter