Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sobeys Ont
Spend $100.00 get 100 airmiles OR 10.00 gift card
A&W gift cards --spend $25.00 get 35 bonus airmiles
Coke-Ginger Ale and Root Beer and Dasani water all have associate airmiles(buy 2 or 3 get 50 bonus airmiles)

Sobeys Urban Fresh
A&W Gift card spend $25.00 get 35 bonus airmiles

Foodland Ont
Spend $75.00 get 50 bonus airmiles
A&W gift card --spend $25.00 get 35 bonus airmiles

No threshold bonus out West but we do have the A&W gift card offer. I’ll be picking up a couple of those.

Just did some flyer surfing for you and found these prices for the same product for are either just below or considerable above that price. I would say it's reasonable for what you're getting and the airmiles are a bonus!! I'm with you on the bottle opening problem, I even get my scripts in easy open bottles because my hands can't get the child resistant ones open.

I didn’t know you could get easy open bottles either! I am going to check with my mom to see if she has them on her records. She has weak wrists due to arthritis. Thanks for the tip!!

Always happy to help out my peeps! From my days of working in a pharmacy I knew the easy-open bottles existed! From both the Shoppers & Rexall websites, they have EXACTLY the same info:
Try these tips for making your medication containers easier to open:
  • Non-childproof lids:Most medications are dispensed in childproof containers. Childproof lids can be very difficult to open. If you are having trouble, ask your pharmacist for non-childproof lids. Remember to always keep medications well away from children.
You'll get your pills in a bottle like this if you ask, and you can even have it added to your profile so all of your meds are dispensed like this

I stopped in at Sobeys this morning to pick up A&W GC. They had maybe 15 of the $25 ones and lots of the loadable $10-200 ones. I don't know if there were more in the back and the fine print in the flyer says "no rainchecks". Side note: neither of the cashiers I spoke with in the store was aware of the GC promotion until the AM showed up on my receipt.

If you are thinking about getting some of these, I would go sooner than later.

I stopped in at Sobeys this morning to pick up A&W GC. They had maybe 15 of the $25 ones and lots of the loadable $10-200 ones. I don't know if there were more in the back and the fine print in the flyer says "no rainchecks". Side note: neither of the cashiers I spoke with in the store was aware of the GC promotion until the AM showed up on my receipt.

If you are thinking about getting some of these, I would go sooner than later.
Did you do more than one on the same transaction? Or separate transactions?
Also I’m always uneasy about the loadable ones giving AM or not.

Christmas in July question for Indigo/Chapters:

I have an account credit of $12, plus a $5 off in points, plus another gift card. If my subtotal is more than the $50, will it still qualify as a shop of $50 after all those are taken off at the time of payment?

Sobeys Ont
I can confirm that the Sobeys flyer said buy 5 Dasani water packs water get 50 airmiles and it is wrong.
I bought 3 Dasani water packs and got 50 bonus airmiles.

I can confirm the Sobeys flyer says buy 5 mini pop bottle packs and get 50 airmiles and it is wrong.
I bought 3 mini pop packs and got 50 bonus airmiles.

Hugs
Mel

Christmas in July question for Indigo/Chapters:

I have an account credit of $12, plus a $5 off in points, plus another gift card. If my subtotal is more than the $50, will it still qualify as a shop of $50 after all those are taken off at the time of payment?
That's a solid "maybe" in my experience! Amazon has to be the worst when it comes to splitting orders to deal with different shipping locations and if you ever look at your receipt when you've used a gift card/credit it spreads it across every item, not on the bottom line, yet it still counts as a $50 shop if that's what the invoice states that you get in your email confirmation. Same thing for HBC & Groupon. Based on these I would be fairly confident that you'll be ok doing it thru Indigo as well. If you need to chase it down later all AM will want to know is what your pre-tax total shows on your invoice. I find that the email confirmation is pretty safe bet to use for the purposes of proof.

This was my first time trying out the beauty event at Rexall. Are those miles supposed to show up on the receipt right away? If so, ugh....

Trying to decide if I should wait to see if there will be a Pack to School promo instead...
Since i refuse to spend money just to get my miles, I won't be pushing for a 3rd transaction. If something comes up before Sunday I still think hard about before clicking Submit! Can't guarantee that they'll do the Pack to School one since last year was the first time so there's no history for me to check. I'd hate to see you try to put together an order for only 250 miles (yeah, I said ONLY) when a couple of decent Blue Fridays or stacked Rexall coupons can give you the same return. Just the thoughts of a frugal Duck

This was my first time trying out the beauty event at Rexall. Are those miles supposed to show up on the receipt right away? If so, ugh....
YES! If you didn't get them I suggest going back to the store and asking for them to "make it right" Did you look at the list that I've attached to the very bottom of the first post? It was created from an email that came directly from Rexall and the input from some fellow hunters.

The ONLY time you'll not see miles on your receipt at Rexall is when they have a bonus offer for using cash miles, those take a couple of weeks.

Grrr, lol thanks. I figured. I only did it because my bmo card had a bonus spend $50 get 50. Plus the spend $60 get 60 L-N-G. My total ended up being $130 with everything I bought though. So I'm just going to take back the "beauty" items. I will be checking out that list for future trips!

Hi
Re: Shell coke products,,
So far I've only done 6 coke products per day and it has worked.=40 airmiles
For some reason I also got an extra 10 airmiles today???
Hugs
Mel

Mel...I stopped into my Shell today on the way home and bought 6 Vitamin Water...and should have received 40 AM but earned 52? I'm not complaining!!!!!

If I switch my earning preference to 100% cash tonight, I understand the change takes effect at 3am tomorrow...I just want to confirm that if I make a purchase tomorrow afternoon and then switch back to 100% Dream tomorrow night...the AM I "earn" tomorrow, should get credited to Dream, right?

Okay, that's what I was thinking. It shouldn't matter how I pay for my order, just that it started at $50+ pre-tax.

With Amazon I have used gift cards to pay down part of the balance owing and Visa for the remaining balance and have still earned my miles for whatever promo I was aiming at. As long as your pre-tax balance before any sales or discounts show you being over $50 you're good to go. Using a gift card towards your balance is a payment, not a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter