• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Mel...I stopped into my Shell today on the way home and bought 6 Vitamin Water...and should have received 40 AM but earned 52? I'm not complaining!!!!!

If I switch my earning preference to 100% cash tonight, I understand the change takes effect at 3am tomorrow...I just want to confirm that if I make a purchase tomorrow afternoon and then switch back to 100% Dream tomorrow night...the AM I "earn" tomorrow, should get credited to Dream, right?

Hi
If you change to cash tonight then anything you purchase tomorrow (Friday) will be under cash. If you change on Friday night then anything you purchase Sat will go under Dream.
Hope that makes sense.
Hugs
Mel

Silly question - Can I load up on the same offer multiple times in the same trip? Like buying 25 oat meal boxes. Would the bonus be given for each?

Hi
If you change to cash tonight then anything you purchase tomorrow (Friday) will be under cash. If you change on Friday night then anything you purchase Sat will go under Dream.
Hope that makes sense.
Hugs
Mel

thank you, that is what I thought...
Looks like I will stop for some more Vitamin water tomorrow!!!!

Silly question - Can I load up on the same offer multiple times in the same trip? Like buying 25 oat meal boxes. Would the bonus be given for each?

Hi
If this is a store offer (Sobeys Foodland Metro etc) then yes you can buy as many as you want to obtain the airmiles.
I recently bought a lot of cereal (57 boxes) and received all the airmiles.

If this is a targeted offer like Sobey's *My Offers* then no it's a one and done.
https://www.sobeys.com/en/myoffers/
Hope that helps.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

Wasn’t going to worry about getting a third Christmas in July purchase but as I was printing something tonight, my printer reminded me that my colour ink is getting low so I put an order in to Staples. Hopefully all posts without having to chase down miles and I’ll get the 300 AM bonus.

Wasn’t going to worry about getting a third Christmas in July purchase but as I was printing something tonight, my printer reminded me that my colour ink is getting low so I put an order in to Staples. Hopefully all posts without having to chase down miles and I’ll get the 300 AM bonus.

I ordered printer ink through the Christmas in July portal to pick up from Staples. My base mile posted quickly.

The only snag I had was the portal says 1 mile for every $20 so I could have received 2 base miles for $53 pre-tax. Only 1 mile posted and it said 1 mile for every $40.

I chatted up Air Miles and was they manually posted the 2nd mile.

I did not think I would make a 3rd Christmas in July purchase. I've looked at all the stores and just don't see anything I need to purchase.

However, I just read on Facebook that Microsoft gives out Air Miles on e-gift cards. Has anyone ever done this and received miles on it? If I can purchase a $50 xbox gift card (not a live membership or game pass card) then I just might do that. I almost always give either my husband or son an xBox gift card at Christmas time.

I did not think I would make a 3rd Christmas in July purchase. I've looked at all the stores and just don't see anything I need to purchase.

However, I just read on Facebook that Microsoft gives out Air Miles on e-gift cards. Has anyone ever done this and received miles on it? If I can purchase a $50 xbox gift card (not a live membership or game pass card) then I just might do that. I almost always give either my husband or son an xBox gift card at Christmas time.

Sooo, where on Facebook did you see this, was it in "THAT " group? I'd be asking to see some kind of proof other than anecdotal before I spent $50, hope it works and only discover once I need to chase it down that I was misinformed. I'd be doing an online chat or Facebook message to airmiles to get a concrete answer that I could print out.

Now, if someone here can confirm that they do in fact give airmiles for gift cards all of my comments above are moot and I'd only be looking at our budget.

Yes, in that group. :-) The person who posted it says she has received base miles on xBox gift cards by ordering on Microsoft through the AM portal before. I'd love to know if anyone here has done so. I checked and it does not specifically say no but... as you said, $50 a lot. I only did the 2 shops through Christmas in July as they were purchases I was making regardless.

I got my 5 categories for Christmas in July, so far 3 have posted, but I only did the last 2 this week:

- amazon we needed new fishing rods for the kids, it was on our "to buy" list anyway
- childrens place - kids needed some tank tops and more shorts before vacation
- Lowes - we got some new solar lamps for our deck, we wanted them anyway, I ordered through airmilesshops and picked up in store, double dipped those miles
This week I did:
- ordered flowers for my Mom's birthday through Teleflora (I hope this one goes through right as they are being delivered on July 31)
- get myself some new Keds that I needed anyway - these are my go to shoe, I go through a pair every 9 months or so. Said 6-8 days delivery, they were on my doorstep the next day!

Really the keds were the only "add on to make the promo" purchase, and they will totally be used.

Newbie to making AM work for me, would love if I could get some guidance!

I want to get in to the Christmas in July event and want to make sure that I can use it to purchase GC at Ardene, Indego, and Apple.

Also, what is the end goal with AM that gives you the biggest bang for your buck? Use AM dream points for tickets? Or cash miles to get Disney GC?

Any assistance is appreciated ;)

Yes, in that group. :-) The person who posted it says she has received base miles on xBox gift cards by ordering on Microsoft through the AM portal before. I'd love to know if anyone here has done so. I checked and it does not specifically say no but... as you said, $50 a lot. I only did the 2 shops through Christmas in July as they were purchases I was making regardless.

I wouldn't trust anything posted on "that" group and like Jacqueline said, contact AM to find out for sure because $50 is a lot. There was a lady in "that" group that posted how happy she was that she had redeemed points for enough AM WDW tickets to pay for her AP and when questioned about applying multiple tickets todays the AP she said she had done it in the past. People were all excited and saying they were going to do that because they didn't know you can. I posted that Disney will only let you use 1 ticket towards an upgrade and the "real" story came out that she had upgraded "a" ticket in the past and was clearly "misinformed" about using multiple tickets. Now she was trying to sell the extra tickets that she did not need that expired at the end of the year in order to get the $$$ she needed to upgrade to the AP.

I want to get in to the Christmas in July event and want to make sure that I can use it to purchase GC at Ardene, Indego, and Apple.

Also, what is the end goal with AM that gives you the biggest bang for your buck? Use AM dream points for tickets? Or cash miles to get Disney GC?

Hi I did an echat with airmiles to get some clarification re: Airmiles on Gift cards bought online at airmileshop.ca. Hope this helps
Hugs Mel

e Chat

Thanks for contacting AIR MILES. A representative will be with you shortly.12:56 PM
SARA Connected12:56 PM

SARAHi. This is Sara. How may I assist you today?12:56 PM
MELANIE Hi Sara12:56 PM

SARAHow are you?12:57 PM
MELANIE I have a question about purchasing Gift Cards from stores airmiles shop.ca12:57 PM

SARAI can certainly advise on that!12:57 PM
MELANIE Can I buy gift cards from Ardene and Apple to gain airmiles?12:57 PM

SARAPlease give me a few minutes while I look that for you.12:58 PM
MELANIE I know you can for Indigo12:58 PM

SARAMelanie for Ardene you can earn Miles, For Apple as per the policies Please note that AIR MILES Reward Miles cannot be earned on the following products:Apple Store gift cards .1:02 PM

MELANIE Thank-you for your help I appreciate it1:03 PM

Hi Alicia
Welcome !!!
I would set a goal as to which reward you really want for your family and is it achievable in the timeframe you have.
Many here start with saving for Disney Park/Universal Orlando Parks Tickets and then move onto other rewards. Remember you can switch between Cash/Dream when ever you like and you can also split between the two.
Any change to Cash/Dream miles is processed at 3 am following the date of transaction request.
I often use my cash airmiles to buy Starbuck gift cards,, 95 cash airmiles= $10.00 in Starbucks money,,I redeem and transfer onto a card. Starbucks is in all of the Walt Disney theme Parks (all 4) and also 2 locations in Disney Springs.
Regards
Mel

Last edited:
Hi I did an echat with airmiles to get some clarification re: Airmiles on Gift cards bought online at airmileshop.ca. Hope this helps
Hugs Mel

e Chat

Thanks for contacting AIR MILES. A representative will be with you shortly.12:56 PM
SARA Connected12:56 PM

SARAHi. This is Sara. How may I assist you today?12:56 PM
MELANIE Hi Sara12:56 PM

SARAHow are you?12:57 PM
MELANIE I have a question about purchasing Gift Cards from stores airmiles shop.ca12:57 PM

SARAI can certainly advise on that!12:57 PM
MELANIE Can I buy gift cards from Ardene and Apple to gain airmiles?12:57 PM

SARAPlease give me a few minutes while I look that for you.12:58 PM
MELANIE I know you can for Indigo12:58 PM

SARAMelanie for Ardene you can earn Miles, For Apple as per the policies Please note that AIR MILES Reward Miles cannot be earned on the following products:Apple Store gift cards .1:02 PM

MELANIE Thank-you for your help I appreciate it1:03 PM

Oh my goodness- this is amazing- thank you so much (I knew the Apple ones were to good to be true ;)

Where were you able to access this chat? I didn’t realize that they were so responsive

Oh my goodness- this is amazing- thank you so much (I knew the Apple ones were to good to be true ;)

Where were you able to access this chat? I didn’t realize that they were so responsive

:welcome:to the airmiles hunt! I'm currently on the greyhound heading home from Toronto but when I get there I'll give you some links. If you haven't already, you might try looking in the first post to see if anything there is helpful. You'll find the chat on the airmiles website under contact us. They also respond really quickly to Facebook messenger if that's easier for you.

I ordered printer ink through the Christmas in July portal to pick up from Staples. My base mile posted quickly.

The only snag I had was the portal says 1 mile for every $20 so I could have received 2 base miles for $53 pre-tax. Only 1 mile posted and it said 1 mile for every $40.

Any time I have shopped at Staples both online and in store, it's 1 air mile for every $40 spent, unless you have a coupon/promo.

ETA - I just checked the portal, and you're right! It say's 1 air mile for every $20. I'm going to take a screen shot of that and do a chat. I spent $150 on July 19 and got 3 air miles instead of 7. Not sure if it's worth doing a chat over, but they need to know.

I just got off the air miles chat with "Lawrence". He said their system shows that it was just a 'normal in-store" Staples purchase, not done through the Air Miles Shops website. He corrected my air miles (I had a purchase on July 15 and July 19). THEN, he also manually added the 500 miles for the Christmas in July to my account today because since the Staples purchase didn't show up as an Air Miles Shops purchase, I would end up having to chat again to have the promo corrected anyhow. WOOT!

Thanks @Disney Addicted - I didn't even notice the mistake!

I just got off the air miles chat with "Lawrence". He said their system shows that it was just a 'normal in-store" Staples purchase, not done through the Air Miles Shops website. He corrected my air miles (I had a purchase on July 15 and July 19). THEN, he also manually added the 500 miles for the Christmas in July to my account today because since the Staples purchase didn't show up as an Air Miles Shops purchase, I would end up having to chat again to have the promo corrected anyhow. WOOT!

Thanks @Disney Addicted - I didn't even notice the mistake!

Hmmm, how did your airmiles post? There are usually two lines, 1 am for $40 for Staples (looks like a delivery or instore pickup BOPIS - Buy Online Pickup In Store) and a second line (usually comes later) for airmilesshops, 1 am for $20. Here is one from March when airmilesshops was still 1 am for $40.

If you were just missing the airmilesshops airmiles 1am for $20, it may likely show up later. I have done 3 accounts and haven't seen any of the airmilesshops airmiles for Staples yet. If they do post, you'll likely get another 500 airmiles. Lawrence I find is very generous compared to most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter