Airmiles Armchair Chatter

:worship::worship::worship::worship: to all of you Rexall collectors. With my DGD here and Rexall not close, and despite having all those coupons ready to go, I never made the trip into the city. I appreciate the heads up/reminder of Round Up next week. Maybe, if I am in the city, I'll be able to make something work. In the meantime. I bow to you all!

OK, I know this was posted a few weeks ago about the flex tickets on the AM website, but I have a few questions. I got the 7-day flex tickets that were offered a few months ago and was able to only get $469US for them when we visited DW last week (I was hoping for $521, but they wouldn't budge). Those tickets cost me 6400 AM each. Now AM has the 7-day flex tickets on for 6050 AM. Has anyone got one of these yet and found out how much they're worth? I figured that these newer tickets would be worth over $600 US, but cost us at least 8000+ AM. Or are these still older tickets that AM is trying to get rid of? I need another ticket to trade for an AP come December.

That is disappointing that the value of the 7 day flex ticket is $469US...I was hoping for more (current value of a 7 day flex ticket is $589 + tax). I wish I had thought to inquire with the ONYX shopper service for the price of an AP before I redeemed for our 7 day and 5 day flex tickets....Oh well...live and learn.

Congrats to everyone with their Rexall AM hauls from yesterday - I am in awe of some of your AM totals. I am currently unable to drive due to an injury I sustained on Monday...word of advice...if you have cedars that need trimming, hire a professional Because while trimming one of our cedars, the trimmer and my pinkie collided and the trimmer won...4 hours in the urgent care and 8 stitches later, I am sporting a very large bandage that prohibits me from driving...which also means I will also miss out on Blue Friday...but on a positive note, I still have my pinkie...just very damaged!!!

:offtopic: This is super off topic....but I just watched a video of the opening of Galaxies Edge in Orlando.....OH MY DOG!!!!! I couldn't even imagine. It is like people soup...people everywhere. It just gives me anxiety watching that. I don't mind crowds...but that...geeze. If anyone of our little family is there right now. @hdrolfe I hope that it if your in that people soup...you survive. You are a superstar for even thinking about tackling that!!!!!!!

Edited to add

The posted wait time to ride Smugglers Run at 11:00 am was around 5....yes 5 hour wait. Oh my. Now to see how those disney lovers who snubbed the new universal Hagrids ride, let's see what they say about how " brilliant " disney handled the crowds. Sorry...that was mean...but I just get soooo irritated at those who snub the dark side....I love both sides :love1: I have WAYYYYYY too much time on my hands at work lol
A friend of mine sent me pictures of Universals Harry Potter area when it first opened. Don't have a clue how she moved, it was wall to wall. No thank you!

Mickey&JoshNut

Sending special ~~~~Healing Hugs~~~ your way,,rest well Hon!
I once had a tug of war with an evergreen and a chainsaw and nearly lost the sight in my left eye so yes call a pro.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
OK, so now that I fully understand that those tickets are listed under merchandise and NOT events i found them -- I agree it's very odd & specific! Only thing i can think is that they were items requested thru the Personal Shopper and then the buyer backed out or didn't have enough miles??

Just used the math that we figured out for these requests -- 14.2 miles/1 USD and the tickets are almost EXACTLY that amount. The oddest to me though is 3 tickets to the Halloween party TOMORROW! I'm fairly confident that's the date that one of us was looking for?

**ETA one ticket is even expired now! Tour for DisneyLAND on August 22

Thought I would give my review of the Halloween party. We went last Tuesday and if you can get tickets with AMs it would be well worth it. I think my credit card bill shows $315 CAD for 3 adults, have no idea how many AM’s are needed.
It was a last minute decision to go, but it was so worth it. We did Way more that night than we did 2 other days in the Magic Kingdom. The lines for rides were all under 20 minutes, the fireworks were spectacular at 10:00 PM and then after that the rides were empty we even got on 7Dwarf mine train within 15 minutes. Missed the parade. Pirates was great with live characters.

If you are into trick or treating wait till later. At first the lines were long and only giving out 2 or 3 treats at the end of the night no lines and handfuls of candy.

I must say I am not a fan of the booking fast passes so far in advance. I ended up cancelling 75% and never being able to get anything to replace. The parks were not super busy but the waits for rides were really high.

It was a great trip , but the rides are not our priority as we have been so many times, more the atmosphere and fireworks.

Just a few Sobeys Ontario in-store monthly offers expiring Sept 18, thought someone aiming for the 100 airmiles when you spend $100 tomorrow might be interested:

Glaceau Vitamin water $1.99 b3 earn 15 am
ChefBoyrBeefaroni 4/$5 b4 earn 10 am
Pine Sol Clean $4.49 b3 earn 20 am
Greenworks Cleaner $3.49 b3 earn 20 am
Oxiclean Stain Remover $5.99 b2 earn 10 am
Resolve Oxi Action $6.79 b2 earn 15 am
Sunlight Dish Detergent $2.79 b2 earn 10 am
Beyond cat food $1.59 b5 earn 25 am
Blue Diamond Refrigerated Almond Breeze 890 ml $3.69 b2 earn 15 am
DelMonte Juice 1600 ml (refrigerated) $2.79 b2 earn 10 am

Lots of low 5 am offers.

Mickey&JoshNut

Sending special ~~~~Healing Hugs~~~ your way,,rest well Hon!
I once had a tug of war with an evergreen and a chainsaw and nearly lost the sight in my left eye so yes call a pro.
Hugs
Mel

Thanks Mel...sorry to hear of your tug of war...glad you didn't lose your sight...yes, there are professionals for a reason...

I will be off to Foodland for Blue Friday instead. There is only one Foodland selling the pasta brand my DH likes and this is a good chance to kill two birds with one stone as that store is 30 min drive away and I don’t go often. I will stock up for the threshold bonus!

Happy AM hunting everyone!!

:offtopic: This is super off topic....but I just watched a video of the opening of Galaxies Edge in Orlando.....OH MY DOG!!!!! I couldn't even imagine. It is like people soup...people everywhere. It just gives me anxiety watching that. I don't mind crowds...but that...geeze. If anyone of our little family is there right now. @hdrolfe I hope that it if your in that people soup...you survive. You are a superstar for even thinking about tackling that!!!!!!!

Edited to add

The posted wait time to ride Smugglers Run at 11:00 am was around 5....yes 5 hour wait. Oh my. Now to see how those disney lovers who snubbed the new universal Hagrids ride, let's see what they say about how " brilliant " disney handled the crowds. Sorry...that was mean...but I just get soooo irritated at those who snub the dark side....I love both sides :love1: I have WAYYYYYY too much time on my hands at work lol

We didn't try yesterday, it looked nuts though apparently calmed down by evening. This morning we got there at 6:20 or so, did some pictures, looked around, got some blue and green milk, built a droid and basically left. Wait time was 2 hours for the ride when we got there but 65 minutes when we left. Wait time did SDD was 10 minutes, everything was 5 to 10 minutes actually. It wasnt super crazy busy but man it was early (and dark). Buses back were few which was annoying. We saw 7 buses for CBR before ours came.

I am glad we saw it but we will be good for a bit now :)

Good shop at Sobeys
I was able to get 10 boxes of granola bars,,lots of types,chocolate banana,chocolate chip,rainbow chips,cookies and cream ,caramel and chocolate etc. (Good 2020 expiry dates too).100 airmiles

The cinnamon buns were just freshly made,,one of my favorite cup of tea treats.=10 airmiles

The Kellogg's cereal was a nice surprise because the Fun Variety Packs were on sale and were good for the airmiles too. I picked some up for a coworker who has three kids so 2x 50 =100 airmiles.

Lord knows I should have enough Kleenex to last a year or more,,,bought 4 boxes of 12.........2x50=100

Albacore white Tuna was on sale $2.99 so I picked up one can,,the Miracle whip advertised (99 cents) had a Oct 2019 expiry date so I skipped that.

I did pick up 5 of the smart Ones frozen meals,,I've never tried these but hey it's a quick lunch.
= buy 5 get 25 airmiles

spend 100.00 get 100 airmiles

Hugs
Mel

Just back from my Sobeys and this turned out to be a good Blue Friday for me.

I dont have the space to stock up on stuff but we use a LOT of PAM spray so I bought 10 (buy 2 @3.99 each get 40AMs)

After the Tide Free and a few other things plus the bonus 100 for spending 100 I ended up with 392 AMs for $112 spent

Not as good of a return as the great Rexall haul from Wednesday but for me this adds up to a ton of AMs for the week in total

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter