Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Is there a better Metro redemption weekend they do? I can't remember. Is it sometimes get 50 am back?

Without looking back in this thread, I think there have been two in the last year at 50 am when you cash in $10. I think if they have them again, it will be around Black Friday, part of the MegaMiles/STB promo (can't remember which one is before Christmas).

Last edited:
You Rexall people are great. I have tried and cant. Maybe its the stores near me, but even trying to spend 50 would mean buying stuff I dont really need or can stock. My shoppers stuff was on sale and it was shampoo and deodorant that the girls use. Not baldy here.

I love Shoppers but I try not to buy things there that I can get on sale at Rexall for basically the same sale price. I find I have lots of options at Shoppers and limited options at Rexall. One of the two Rexall stores I go to removed all the groceries (they now have pop, candy, chips and granola bars) which makes it very difficult. I can still make it work knowing the sale prices of the things we purchase regularly and purchasing during a good airmiles promo.

We decided to make one more trip back to Rexall for vitamins that I apparently missed when i scanned the medicine cabinet :oops:

That's amazing. I made it back as well. Made up the shortage I was concerned about with stocking stuffer items that were on clearance (travel size shaving cream and hand sanitizers, burt's bees and eos on clearance).

I hope everyone else has more luck than me at Rexall. She scanned all three codes, all show on the receipt as different, but only 180 AM on the receipt. I know there's never a management type there when I go in the morning, so I didn't do anything about it. I did get an extra 100+ AM last time due to my cashier messing up and putting the order in twice, so I'll call it even and move on.

I hope you do well on the next one.

I believe there’s a glitch in the Rexall system giving 100 extra Airmiles. That’s why the first store limited the number of coupons to use. I tried again at another Rexall whose prices are $0.50 to $1 higher than the first store, but only used the two 100 AM coupons. The cashier looked concerned when I scanned more than 2. So I didn’t try the 80 AM one just in case it would alarm the supervisor again. I did one transaction on my card and DD did one on hers and we each got 300 AM. It’s considered a success and we both used the $5 Rexall coupon.

I was waiting for this to happen to me as well. I know if the manager had to be called I would have been out of luck. Today I considered myself lucky, the first cashier decided to just go with it, the second Rexall she was very new and willing to trust the customer.

I hope you didn't go too much out of your way. The next deal is just around the corner.
It’s a new cashier and a new supervisor at the first store. I didn’t have a good feeling when I saw them. We went to another Rexall which is 5 min drive away and spent an extra 30 min for the extra shop. It’s still a good run for AM today. Now I will be waiting for the Blue Friday to come.

I believe there’s a glitch in the Rexall system giving 100 extra Airmiles. That’s why the first store limited the number of coupons to use. I tried again at another Rexall whose prices are $0.50 to $1 higher than the first store, but only used the two 100 AM coupons. The cashier looked concerned when I scanned more than 2. So I didn’t try the 80 AM one just in case it would alarm the supervisor again. I did one transaction on my card and DD did one on hers and we each got 300 AM. It’s considered a success and we both used the $5 Rexall coupon.
No question it was a mix-up on their end but you can bet that if those miles don't actually post to peoples accounts there will be a LOT of feed back from some upset collectors. The head cashier at the store i went to met me at the door and told me the system was magically giving an extra 100 to everyone who scanned their card, they were making sure everyone got those miles.

Well in part to the Rexall collector GODS on these boards, and my daughter feeling like S&^&. I ventured out to the Rexall 10mins away. Bought her medicine, picked upped some iced tea on sale and a few others that I thought were good price. Before tax 50.21, 55.44 after. Equals 382AM. The cashier as I was near and had a bag of chips just in case said, no you've reached the 50, so I put the bag back. I then pulled out the coupons, and she said she scanned IT already. I said all 3, she looked puzzled. And this is 2 mins before store closing. I said here just try and scanned the other 2. Upped popped the AM all good. She was telling her co-cashier as I left and couldn't believe it herself.

Just getting ready to put the Surface down for the night and watch mindless TV when i noticed we've reached another milestone with this thread. Exactly 4 years ago I was in the middle of planning a a trip to Disney and scanning the flyers and i stumbled across a tiny offer in a (get this gang) REXALL FLYER! We've come full circle and Rexall has closed out this day with another promo.

Thanks again for playing along with me and giving me something to keep my mind occupied. I'm happy to be part of this community and love seeing that time i put into keeping these threads active are helping all of you to reach your goals.

Time to party!!

No question it was a mix-up on their end but you can bet that if those miles don't actually post to peoples accounts there will be a LOT of feed back from some upset collectors. The head cashier at the store i went to met me at the door and told me the system was magically giving an extra 100 to everyone who scanned their card, they were making sure everyone got those miles.

Or its a new way of doing surprise promotions. Congratulations on the new milestone.

Just getting ready to put the Surface down for the night and watch mindless TV when i noticed we've reached another milestone with this thread. Exactly 4 years ago I was in the middle of planning a a trip to Disney and scanning the flyers and i stumbled across a tiny offer in a (get this gang) REXALL FLYER! We've come full circle and Rexall has closed out this day with another promo.

Thanks again for playing along with me and giving me something to keep my mind occupied. I'm happy to be part of this community and love seeing that time i put into keeping these threads active are helping all of you to reach your goals.

Time to party!!
If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have made Onyx - probably wouldn't be the air miles collector that I have become and have made my family into.
Thanks for starting this thread and keeping it going. I didn't do the Rexall today - real life took over but I have all my plans for Blue Friday. Even told my brother today that we could only buy the basics (milk, bread) and save the other stuff for Friday. My Mother likes the granola bars - she calls them Chewys so I will buy her flavours for her. Hopefully this time round they have long expiry dates. Last time they were only good for about 3 months.

Wow, that is an amazing amount ... on one day!!

Yeah and the great thing is they posted overnight
28 Aug 19
PHARMA PLUS DRUGMARTS/REXALL DRUG STORES
SOUTHDOWN ROAD1 REWARD MILE PER $20+2
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
DERRY & 10TH1 REWARD MILE PER $20+2
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
DERRY & 10THBONUS MILES+10
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
28 Aug 19
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19

Hugs
Mel

Yeah and the great thing is they posted overnight
28 Aug 19
SOUTHDOWN ROAD1 REWARD MILE PER $20+2
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
DERRY & 10THBONUS MILES+10
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
28 Aug 19
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+80
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19
BONUS MILES+100
28 Aug 19

Hugs
Mel
What a great screenshot too!
I received all mine too. I don't think we'll see this again any time soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter