Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I stopped at my local Rexall on my home from work today and they now have the M&M products!!!! I spent just over $51 and was able to stack my AM coupons and got 202 AM...the lady in front of me spent $220 and the cashier says "do you collect Air Miles" and the lady said "oh I think I have one of those cards" and hands the cashier her AM card...I behind her thinking...lady, you just missed out on 800 AM (4 X $50 X 200 AM)...

I just got back from Sobeys....needed cereal anyway so it made sense to get the 5 boxes. I also had a mastercard offer to spend $300 and get 200 miles at Sobeys. I was back and forth on if I would do that one or not....decided to do it with gift cards for gas. When I got there I happened to see the Sobeys reloadable cards and opted to buy one of those for $150 and then do $150 for Shell. My hope was that like last time the loadable card would trigger the spend threshold offer I had on myoffers. Well this time it did not :sad: I bought the same Blue Jays card as last time. Funny though, I had 2 spend threshold offers...one was $150/85 and the other was $25/50. I did get the lower offer so all was not lost. I really thought it would work again or else I would not have bought another Sobeys card. Oh well.

On the upside....I bought 5 boxes of Special K and there were $1 off coupons on the shelf. So I saved $5 on that.

I just got a targeted offer from Airmiles. Collect 200AM get 100AM Sept 25-30. Need to opt in before Sept 30. I shopped at Rexall this morning and got 202. Do you think that will count?

Yes, I think you are good for your $200. There is that little bit of doubt there, but it doesn't say must opt-in before earning, I think your card needs to be registered by the end to be checked. Our accounts have offers and I decided not to shop Rexall today as I didn't "need" anything. Sure wish I had!!

Not a successful hunt at Rexall! The Rexall that usually allows me to stack coupons wouldn’t scan both coupons. Both coupons showed different codes, but the cashier insisted they were for the same offer and removed one coupon. Well, happy double dipping time is over for me!. I may stick with Optimum from now on and only do the big bonus AM offers. Optimum has better returns, and we don’t get nice Onyx perk offers like CNE or wonderland anymore.

I would just like to share with everyone I lost my double dipping V at Rexall tonight.. I feel so naughty but so accomplished lol . $57 and 203 AM

I never got a targeted spend and earn sigh just in email ? I never seem to get these

So bad news and good news my arm is officially casted. I quit the job where I got hurt so no wsib then my other job with a cast is a no-go.. I go back in two weeks so not awful
But the job I had that I loved like 6 years ago I just got offered back. They told me to think about it ..:)

Happy Wednesday all

Not a successful hunt at Rexall! The Rexall that usually allows me to stack coupons wouldn’t scan both coupons. Both coupons showed different codes, but the cashier insisted they were for the same offer and removed one coupon. Well, happy double dipping time is over for me!. I may stick with Optimum from now on and only do the big bonus AM offers. Optimum has better returns, and we don’t get nice Onyx perk offers like CNE or wonderland anymore.

That is disappointing. I like Optimum too but I like maintaining Onyx for the personal shopper flexibility if for no other reason. You may want to take that into consideration. Also, something is always changing in this program, you never know what might crop up. Hang in there!

That's too bad they did not let you stack the coupons...at first the cashier said that they were the same coupon and I advised they weren't...I said they have different bar codes and one came from Air Miles and one came from Rexall...I suggested that she scan both and let the computer decide and she was like "cool, it worked"...she said you got 202 AM...

That's too bad they did not let you stack the coupons...at first the cashier said that they were the same coupon and I advised they weren't...I said they have different bar codes and one came from Air Miles and one came from Rexall...I suggested that she scan both and let the computer decide and she was like "cool, it worked"...she said you got 202 AM...

My cashier was not as cool. First she said they were the same. I asked her to scan both and let the system decided. She scanned both and obviously the two coupons had different codes, but she insisted they were for the same offer and would only keep one on. I wanted to just leave but I wouldn’t want to pay for parking, so I paid for the purchase. :sad:

I would just like to share with everyone I lost my double dipping V at Rexall tonight.. I feel so naughty but so accomplished lol . $57 and 203 AM

I never got a targeted spend and earn sigh just in email ? I never seem to get these

So bad news and good news my arm is officially casted. I quit the job where I got hurt so no wsib then my other job with a cast is a no-go.. I go back in two weeks so not awful
But the job I had that I loved like 6 years ago I just got offered back. They told me to think about it ..:)

Happy Wednesday all

That sounds great, getting the job you loved back again! Are you leaning towards going back? How long will your arm be in a cast?

My cashier was not as cool. First she said they were the same. I asked her to scan both and let the system decided. She scanned both and obviously the two coupons had different codes, but she insisted they were for the same offer and would only keep one on. I wanted to just leave but I wouldn’t want to pay for parking, so I paid for the purchase. :sad:

That's too bad. I hate when Cashiers pull that crap. I wanted to go yesterday and purchase M&M food products but my back was giving me trouble.

I had a similar experience once. The cashier was good about it though. When I explained the codes were different she called the manager over and told her what I was trying to do. The manager obviously knew the deal. The manager said that there are personal offer coupons and public offer coupons.....both types are independent of each other. I've never even had a cashier blink about it since then.....that said though I have the coupons on my phone, tell the cashier I have two coupons, then zoom the barcode for them.

Keep your eyes open. I don't think they can take one off. Any time they have had to cancel a purchase and redo it I have had AM's post twice. You may be surprised and still get them if she did indeed scan them both.

I think June was the last time I was at Rexall. I just checked my load and go for them and they are still the same offers I always got, not one thing has changed. Does anyone ever see different items? One thing for sure, they are consistent. I just don't think I need anymore band-aids or q-tips for the next seven thousand years.

Keep your eyes open. I don't think they can take one off. Any time they have had to cancel a purchase and redo it I have had AM's post twice. You may be surprised and still get them if she did indeed scan them both.
I saw her taking one off and only one coupon code was shown on the computer screen. Her words were “I can only let you use one.” Thanks for cheering me up and keeping me hopeful! I think she knew stacking would work and she was trying to talk me out of it without making it appear that it’s her who’s between me and my 100 bonus miles. Oh well, I just won’t go there again and would randomly try out other Rexalls with the mindset of no stacking and I may get lucky once in a while. Going to the Path is a bit far for me, but I can plan it out and going downtown after work. It’s just not as convenient.
:thanks: Again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter