Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I had a similar experience once. The cashier was good about it though. When I explained the codes were different she called the manager over and told her what I was trying to do. The manager obviously knew the deal. The manager said that there are personal offer coupons and public offer coupons.....both types are independent of each other. I've never even had a cashier blink about it since then.....that said though I have the coupons on my phone, tell the cashier I have two coupons, then zoom the barcode for them.
Tell them I love them next time you go! :love:

I would just like to share with everyone I lost my double dipping V at Rexall tonight.. I feel so naughty but so accomplished lol . $57 and 203 AM

I never got a targeted spend and earn sigh just in email ? I never seem to get these

So bad news and good news my arm is officially casted. I quit the job where I got hurt so no wsib then my other job with a cast is a no-go.. I go back in two weeks so not awful
But the job I had that I loved like 6 years ago I just got offered back. They told me to think about it ..:)

Happy Wednesday all
Speedy recovery!

I wish it was in Montreal but no. 😞 When I did a Google Map search the IGA Co-op stores are all in remote regions. Last time, IGA had their Blue Friday the same Friday Sobey had theirs.
Too bad. I had just canada411'd the phone number from the ad. Guess it is just the phone number for IGA in Quebec. We can hope for a Blue Friday soon somewhere near us.

Not a successful hunt at Rexall! The Rexall that usually allows me to stack coupons wouldn’t scan both coupons. Both coupons showed different codes, but the cashier insisted they were for the same offer and removed one coupon. Well, happy double dipping time is over for me!. I may stick with Optimum from now on and only do the big bonus AM offers. Optimum has better returns, and we don’t get nice Onyx perk offers like CNE or wonderland anymore.

I don't have a rexall close to me that is easy to access without a road trip or when we go visit the dd in the big city. So I just work both programs the best way I can. It's all I can do.

And honestly...I don't know some cashiers have to be on a power struggle about coupons. Geeze...it's not their job to govern what coupons are used. It wasn't a manufacturers coupon, it's one from the company she works for. When I'm working at the second job ( Pier 1 ) we are always trying to get our customers the best deals. If I can get their silly codes to stack...you can bet i'm going to try to save that customer some money. It's NOT my fault that their POS have loop holes. Maybe they should pay their IT people more money to fix the look holes :rolleyes1 just saying :poop: :confused3

DH’s offer. I haven’t received one yet but I’m already Onyx. I sent him to IGA to get 3 boxes of Mini Wheats that had 35AM bonus. I usually prefer buying organic cereals for my kids but make an exception once in a while when there’s a good offer since they love Mini Wheats. View attachment 439084

Earn 1 airmile get 50? That's amazing, I suppose they know he isn't a big spender.

My son is Onyx and he didn't get an offer either.

My onyx offer was earn 60 get 30. But at the bottom it mentioned special
43757_GR_ONXContest_Banner_O_E.png

I went to Metro to do my DS offer collect 15AM get 10AM. He had a few L&G coupons so I picked those items up to generate the AM. One was for a "Coke or Pepsi" product get 4AM. I didn't want a whole bottle so I went to the Fresh to Go counter and picked up a can of coke for $1. The AM for the Coke product didn't show up on my receipt. Off to the counter I went. Called up the offer on my phone.

CS rep took a picture of the offer to send off to head office. He didn't think a single can should qualify, but the offer didn't say it didn't so he grudgingly gave me the AM. Only when I got in the car did I realize I didn't need those 4AM for the offer noted above (I had enough already)

Some days I just like to be picky. :teeth: I spent $5.43 got 31AM.

Here is the problem with Rexall and why the cashiers should scan any coupons you get..... I priced a package of Oral B replacement heads at Rexall on the weekend. A package of 5 was $65. I went to Walmart and purchased it for $35. So that means it was priced up $30. That should be 3 of those 100 AM coupons to get it to a comparable price. Rexall is so overpriced, it is ridiculous!

I just got a targeted offer from Airmiles. Collect 200AM get 100AM Sept 25-30. Need to opt in before Sept 30. I shopped at Rexall this morning and got 202. Do you think that will count?

Got the Onyx bonus miles offer in the email yesterday, but opted in after my shop at Rexall. Would that count towards the offer? There’s one for the Gold as well. My daughter got the Gold offer.

When you click on the Terms and Conditions in the email, it states this:

To qualify for this offer, eligible Collector must click the "Opt in" button in the offer invitation email by September 30, 2019.

When you click on the Terms and Conditions in the email, it states this:

To qualify for this offer, eligible Collector must click the "Opt in" button in the offer invitation email by September 30, 2019.

Uggh I just realized mine wasn’t set to opt in
I don’t even want to think about what all I’ve missed

The manager said that there are personal offer coupons and public offer coupons.....both types are independent of each other. I've never even had a cashier blink about it since then.....that said though I have the coupons on my phone, tell the cashier I have two coupons, then zoom the barcode for them.

That's a great way of wording the coupons. I love it! I'll have to remember that.

Here is the problem with Rexall and why the cashiers should scan any coupons you get..... I priced a package of Oral B replacement heads at Rexall on the weekend. A package of 5 was $65. I went to Walmart and purchased it for $35. So that means it was priced up $30. That should be 3 of those 100 AM coupons to get it to a comparable price. Rexall is so overpriced, it is ridiculous!
it's no different than any other store or product, just gotta watch the flyers and keep an eye out for coupons. I needed to buy tylenol arthritis and it was on sale at both Rexall and Shoppers ... I paid 11.99, bought 2 to trigger my loaded offer of 26 miles, added some ensure (stupid potential allergies are making it hard to get enough protein) that was on sale for 8.99 and used a coupon for $2 on one package and $1 on the other, chucked in some cheesies hubby's addicted to and got the 200 miles. Headed to pick up some scripts at shopper's and the tylenol was on sale for 19.99 and the ensure for 9.99.

I keep a running list of things we're gonna need soon and when they go on sale and have bonus offers I jump! Are they more expensive than Walmart? Most definitely on regular prices but for reasons not pertinent to this, we don't shop at Walmart. I never, ever, buy anything just for miles and it has to meet or exceed the 1:1 ratio. I also won't over pay for things, expect maybe food because my gut can't handle much so we stick to products we know are safe

But they do have some good deals also. I usually only shop sale items when I shop there.

I agree, they have some half decent sales that put their prices into a competitive range with other stores, but a standard priced item should not be that much out of line with prices in other stores. I wouldn't have any problem with it have being $40 when Walmart was $35 but $65 is just out of line and a good example why most of us (it seems) only shop there for sales and Air Miles deals. It is still a chain store and not a small Mom and Pop shop and prices should be competitive with other similar stores. The same item was $23 on Amazon...but that's another kettle of fish.

Another item priced was Aerius... $37 at Rexall and $27 at Walmart. Need another 100 AM coupon to make up for that difference. And basically that means that I am not gaining anything by shopping at Rexall. I am just moving some of my money into my Air Miles account.

I'm so glad that my local store now stocks M&M foods because other regular items are just too pricey.

Last edited:
I had the earn 1 air mile and get 50 air miles on our secondary card. I also had a spend $25 get 50 air miles on the Sobey's My Offers for the same card. So I went to Sobey's at lunch, spent $38 and got 101 air miles. Our 'main' card has the earn 200 get 100 offer. Kind of sucks because the offer came after my Rexall shop yesterday, so I didn't opt in beforehand. I *may* be able to squeak out at 200 am shop at Safeway this weekend, but it may be tight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter