Airmiles Armchair Chatter

:hyper2: I am headed to Orlando in Jan,,staying at Disney's OKW (Old Key West Resort). I am giving the Disney Parks a skip this time around.
Yesterday we decided to go to UO/IOA for a one day visit, but I am worried that the parks will be super busy and we won't get to do much. Right now Undercover Tourist has the parks at 9/10 the whole week we are there.I am used to staying at Royal Pacific Resort and getting the Express Pass. Just too much money this trip.
I guess we could just wander around and take in the ambiance of the season.
I am wondering if you can pre book anything special to do at UO and IOA?
I wonder if Harry Potter castle will have Christmas lights?
I found info on the Grinch and Friends character breakfast but the dates only go till the end of Dec,,,I wonder if this is a year round option and future dates will be posted soon?
https://www.universalorlando.com/we...ng/the-grinch-and-friends-character-breakfast
I just hit the purchase button for tickets on airmiles,,:santa:.

Hugs
Mel

Grinch breakfast is only a holiday event. There is a different character breakfast that goes at other times with the characters from the parade like minions, Simpsons, etc.

There is a projection show on Hogwarts at night.

Grinch breakfast is only a holiday event. There is a different character breakfast that goes at other times with the characters from the parade like minions, Simpsons, etc.

There is a projection show on Hogwarts at night.

Thanks for taking the time to pass along this information.
Regards & Hugs
Mel

I did 6 $10 shops at Rexall on the weekend, very happy with my purchases and 300 airmiles to come.

One transaction threw me off, used CARP card for 20% Rexall OTC medication and it rang through at 30% off for CARP. I recall this has happened once before. Left me scrambling for tissue at the last minute but everything else went well.

@Donald - my hero, next Rexall survey coupon expiring December 10, 2019
https://www.rexall.ca/assets/downloads/TellRexall_Coupon_2019_Oct25-Dec10.pdf

Last edited:
I need to earn ~2000 miles before Dec 31st to keep my Onyx status.... I don't know if I can do it... but here's hoping...

I was in the same boat. I needed close to 4000 when I started really trying to earn again. I now need 1085 miles to keep my onyx status. I'm slowly plugging away at it. Hopefully with the Shop the Block, another Blue Friday and some online shopping for xmas gifts on cyber monday I will be able to hit it.
I was just tooo busy earlier in the year to focus on Am. So since Aug I have stepped it up...and have made some strides. It's not as fast for me as I don't have a rexall near me. But I'm still plugging away at them :flower:

I need to earn ~2000 miles before Dec 31st to keep my Onyx status.... I don't know if I can do it... but here's hoping...

I need around 2000 miles to get my fourth WDW ticket. I’m going to order the three tickets soon, but right now I’m not sure about that fourth ticket. Even shop the block can’t help since I need the ticket in hand in time to book FP+s for our March break trip. Any tips to get 2000 miles fast by mid December?!

I did 6 $10 shops at Rexall on the weekend, very happy with my purchases and 300 airmiles to come.

One transaction threw me off, used CARP card for 20% Rexall OTC medication and it rang threw at 30% off for CARP. I recall this has happened once before. Left me scrambling for tissue at the last minute but everything else went well.

@Donald - my hero, next Rexall survey coupon expiring December 10, 2019
https://www.rexall.ca/assets/downloads/TellRexall_Coupon_2019_Oct25-Dec10.pdf
AWESOME haul! Thanks for the coupon link, i tried to complete the survey last week and the darned thing kept hanging on me so i gave up!
I've updated the link in the first post so if anyone needs the coupon it's easy to find

Shell appears to have a new gift card offer starting today.

Gift Cards
Offer valid November 4, 2019 through to January 5, 2020 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, and NT (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles on your purchase of any of the following Gift Cards:  Canada Vanilla Visa $100, Sony Canada PS3 $50, HBC Canada $50, Google Play $50, Canada Netflix $30, Canada Uber $25, Cabela's Canada $50, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3M $49.99. Maximum of 5 transactions per day. Maximum 500 Miles per Collector Account for this offer. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 4 weeks post promotion for your Bonus Miles to be loaded to your collector account.
®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.

Could someone tell me please, will I be able to earn air miles when I use cash miles to pay for groceries? I'm planning on stopping in at Metro this afternoon and using the Spend $50 get 50 bonus air miles. But can I then turn around and pay that $50 out of my cash miles and still get the 50 bonus miles for spending $50?

Could someone tell me please, will I be able to earn air miles when I use cash miles to pay for groceries? I'm planning on stopping in at Metro this afternoon and using the Spend $50 get 50 bonus air miles. But can I then turn around and pay that $50 out of my cash miles and still get the 50 bonus miles for spending $50?

I've done this many times during the Metro "use 95 get xx airmiles" events using personal threshold spends (spend $5 get 5 airmiles), personal product offers and in-store offers and always receive all airmiles paying almost nothing ie just going over the $10 amount. However haven't done it since the spring I think so I suggest best to wait for a second confirmation.

I need around 2000 miles to get my fourth WDW ticket. I’m going to order the three tickets soon, but right now I’m not sure about that fourth ticket. Even shop the block can’t help since I need the ticket in hand in time to book FP+s for our March break trip. Any tips to get 2000 miles fast by mid December?!

Big food bank donation next blue friday?

No guarantees when that will happen.

Add in some rexall stops on the double coupon days and you might get to 2000. I would stock up on nonperishables at the drug store (laundry detergent, vitamins, toilet paper, toiletries...) and do a few trips.

You'll probably spend more $ than usual, but since you'll be building up a big supply of household needs, you should be under budget for the next few months.

I've done this many times during the Metro "use 95 get xx airmiles" events using personal threshold spends (spend $5 get 5 airmiles), personal product offers and in-store offers and always receive all airmiles paying almost nothing ie just going over the $10 amount. However haven't done it since the spring I think so I suggest best to wait for a second confirmation.

I decided to give it a try anyways since I had groceries I needed to purchase. I'm happy to report it worked just fine. I received the 50 bonus miles for spending $50 as well as the base miles and bonus miles in the Metro app. I paid $50 through my cash miles (earned 67 miles total) and paid the rest ($3.34) on debit. I will now take $50 out of our grocery money and put that aside for a future vacation. Likely in 5 years - maybe 3. That's the first money to be put aside using cash miles!

Thanks so much Days in the Sun!

Last Christmas at our family gift exchange I gave a $25.00 Esso Gift Card with a few winter car accessories,,and it was very popular!
Shell just sent me a spend $25.00 on car wash and get 100 airmiles offer,,BUT when I click the link I think it is open to everyone.

1572923522341.png

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorist...vanity-aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc2hlbGwuY2EvY2Fyd2FzaA
Offer valid October 16, 2019 through to December 15, 2019 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB and BC only (excluding Shell Flying J locations. Spend a minimum of $25 on any Carwash products in a single transaction and get 100 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles. Maximum of 5 transactions per day, maximum 1500 Bonus Miles per Collector Account for this offer. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 4 weeks post promotion for your Bonus Miles to be loaded to your collector account.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Got back Sunday from a most enjoyable holiday and it's going to take some time to catch up.

I have an answer to a question I believe I saw asked on this thread. I could be wrong but never hurts to give some information anyways. I ordered some of the Universal 'buy 2 days, get 3 days free' tickets from Airmiles. I upgraded one of the passes to a Annual Preferred pass, mostly for the discounts. The value they gave me for the promo ticket was $284.99. The Annual Pass was $394.99. I paid $117.15 out of pocket. With the discounts from the Annual Pass I'm certain I got my value back.
Going a bit further, each pass cost me 3750 AM's so if I'm doing my math right my point value is just over 13 cents (3750 divided by $284.99). That would be in US as well so wouldn't that make it approximately 17 cents Canadian? Not bad if my calculations are correct.

Do you have a Rexall nearby? They are one of my best earning places.
I do but what would I buy there? We use solid shampoo bars, we don't wear fragrance or cosmetics, my husband keeps his beard long, I make my own cleaning supplies... we don't have any family to buy gifts for, and we don't use gift cards.

I do but what would I buy there? We use solid shampoo bars, we don't wear fragrance or cosmetics, my husband keeps his beard long, I make my own cleaning supplies... we don't have any family to buy gifts for, and we don't use gift cards.
Some of the ones near us have groceries, so we buy milk and cheese of it is on sale, even bread, crackers, cereal. With 2 kids that eat a ton, I can usually do $50 of groceries and get their bonus offers when they have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter