Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Indigo emailed gift card question:

I was thinking of sending a gift card to DD's teacher on the last day of school (June 5). Do I just use her email or should I send it to myself first to ensure it arrives, and then forward it to hers?

Hi Hon
I would send to yourself first. Indigo has a habit of delayed service sometimes.:(
Hugs
Mel

Just checking something that was posted to my account:
Shell
Is this for a car wash?

GO+ULTIMATE CW +10

Bonus if it is as I didn't know you could get airmiles for car washes.
Thanks
Mel

Last edited:

just a couple of comments on the bonus boom (again a bust for this household)

don't get caught up in the excitement of the hunt! There's no big bonus for completing several offers, you only get the stated bonus

Several of these offers aren't worth the cash outlay, metro for example, you need to spend A LOT to get a measly 15 miles, buy 3 or more nice Nivea products or vitamins?!?!

don't do the one time only offers if you haven't already done them, we will see another shop the block or similar promo. That's the survey one, cook it, Samsung pay and Hudson bay point conversion

just a couple of comments on the bonus boom (again a bust for this household)

don't get caught up in the excitement of the hunt! There's no big bonus for completing several offers, you only get the stated bonus

Several of these offers aren't worth the cash outlay, metro for example, you need to spend A LOT to get a measly 15 miles, buy 3 or more nice Nivea products or vitamins?!?!

don't do the one time only offers if you haven't already done them, we will see another shop the block or similar promo. That's the survey one, cook it, Samsung pay and Hudson bay point conversion
Yea I can't see anything in these offers that I want to shop for and who right now is going to stand in the lines at the LCBO for a measly few air miles?

Other than the BMO, I don't think I'll be doing any of these. Global petfoods by me doesn't sell the dog food I feed and the one that does is close to where I used to work, but not near anything I go by nowadays. And I don't use the airmiles online portal. Oh well... I've been earning 100 or so every week, even during the pandemic, so my total is going up slowly. I have no idea what I'm saving for any more any way.

Bonus Boom is also a big bust for me. The only offer I will do for sure is BMO since I can easily do a shop for 50$ at IGA near me. But no IGA coupon?!? Only IGA Express which is downtown. Even without the a pandemic going on, I wouldn't go for that little return. Maybe I will do Airmilesshops at Bouclair since I promised new curtains for my DD7 bedroom.

I was a little disappointed over the weekend. I am needing a new set of sheets for our bed and one kiddo. I thought I would try to snag a couple extra miles by going through the airmiles shop portal and hit up Bed, Bath and Beyond. They are currently not listed as a merchandise sponsor to purchase from. Oh well. I guess I'll have to get them from there without the AM

I was a little disappointed over the weekend. I am needing a new set of sheets for our bed and one kiddo. I thought I would try to snag a couple extra miles by going through the airmiles shop portal and hit up Bed, Bath and Beyond. They are currently not listed as a merchandise sponsor to purchase from. Oh well. I guess I'll have to get them from there without the AM

There are a lot of shops no longer on airmiles portal, or even rakuten. I think because of the pandemic so many people are shopping online they don't need the extra incentive? Maybe.

I'll likely just do the BMO deal for Bonus Boom. I just need to get to the grocery store and spend the $50.

Air Miles question for no other reason then curiosity. When I select my region in bonus boom it is Ontario (except Thunder Bay).

Why is Thunder Bay excluded?

Maybe from TheBay or Bouclair?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter