Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was hoping for at least a Shell,Rona,or Lowes offer .
Oh well it looks like I will pick up a $50.00 Netflix card at Sobeys next shopping day for the BMO offer.
I know I can get 20 airmiles at Shell right now for the $100.00 Amazon Gift card..
My oldest son's Birthday is coming up in June.
That's it for me,,unless additional partners are added.
120 day turn around for the promo airmiles is a bit too long for me.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Air Miles question for no other reason then curiosity. When I select my region in bonus boom it is Ontario (except Thunder Bay).

Why is Thunder Bay excluded?
I'm just guessing here but i seem to recall that it has to do with geography and how that relates to shipping! They're not really part of Ontario and not really part of Manitoba, they don't have some of the stores that Ontario has , they have Safeway, not Sobey's, they do have LCBO but not others. Just an oddity that I'm sure ticks them off!!

Just received an email offer on my secondary card of collect 1 AM between May 19th and June 17th get 50 AM's.
I think that is doable.
Make sure you keep really good records for this one! I had that offer last year and luckily I had posted a screenshot of the details here because i stupidly deleted the email and i needed to chase it down. They had no idea what i was talking about because they don't have records of these tiny targeted promos ??

Anyone doing the BMO offer don’t forget it will work for the purchase of a gift card as well. There is no way I would spend that much at any of the grocery stores listed for food but this works well for me. Netflex or Amazon are my go to.
Thank you for that reminder! I might or might not spend that required amount at Foodland right now, depending on my targeted offers, but this is a great idea!

yeah, it's gonna be a decent shopping trip for me! I'll be waiting until tomorrow now to do my biweekly hunt. Usually go midafternoon on Tuesdays but with Monday being a holiday I pushed that out till today then I glanced at the flyer and I'm going tomorrow instead. Why you ask? Milk is on sale AND has miles attached which will allow me to get 80 miles for $40 - 4.99 buy 2 get 20 miles. I'll need 8 cartons for the 2 weeks, fingers crossed that they have that much available when I can get the car!!!! Hubby has to go meet his coop student for a few hours.

Pretty thankful to snag the 950 cash miles from BMO - I was in my email when it popped up - and sure enough, my job is on the essential workers list (education). Funny though, I hadn’t thought about it as essential before that email. I just thought we were doing our best to keep students going. I felt seen for the first time in months, to be honest. It’s been a really tough and emotional grind.
I haven’t checked this thread in awhile but trust me lady.. you are absolutely essential and I see you !!! Educators have helped shape my children into who they are , and they are better people for the work you and your colleagues do every day. My son loves learning and he’s struggling without his teachers. My daughter is becoming an EA. This family knows we wouldn‘t be even half of who we are without the kind and dedicated folks who help raise this countries children ! So thank you to you and anyone else in education reading this who feels unseen. We appreciate you.
Off my soapbox now.:wave2:

yeah, it's gonna be a decent shopping trip for me! I'll be waiting until tomorrow now to do my biweekly hunt. Usually go midafternoon on Tuesdays but with Monday being a holiday I pushed that out till today then I glanced at the flyer and I'm going tomorrow instead. Why you ask? Milk is on sale AND has miles attached which will allow me to get 80 miles for $40 - 4.99 buy 2 get 20 miles. I'll need 8 cartons for the 2 weeks, fingers crossed that they have that much available when I can get the car!!!! Hubby has to go meet his coop student for a few hours.
I am like you that I waited until today to check the ad at Sobey's for tomorrow and I think that I am going to go today. There are items that end today that I would rather have than the ones that are in the new ad plus my spend offer from Sobey's ends today so I might as well make use of it because another one will come tomorrow. If there is anything that I want from the new ad I can always get it another day because I have been so lucky with my Sobeys that it is never busy when I go and I checked the Sobeys website where the list the stores that have had issues and none of the Durham region stores are listed there.

I am like you that I waited until today to check the ad at Sobey's for tomorrow and I think that I am going to go today. There are items that end today that I would rather have than the ones that are in the new ad plus my spend offer from Sobey's ends today so I might as well make use of it because another one will come tomorrow. If there is anything that I want from the new ad I can always get it another day because I have been so lucky with my Sobeys that it is never busy when I go and I checked the Sobeys website where the list the stores that have had issues and none of the Durham region stores are listed there.
Thanks for sharing Hon.
I didn't realize they were listing the Foodland/Sobeys where employees have come down with Covid 19.
https://corporate.sobeys.com/covid-19-cases-stores/
Here is Metro link
https://corpo.metro.ca/en/covid-19-cases-ontario.html

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Hon.
I didn't realize they were listing the Foodland/Sobeys where employees have come down with Covid 19.
https://corporate.sobeys.com/covid-19-cases-stores/
Here is Metro link
https://corpo.metro.ca/en/covid-19-cases-ontario.html
Thanks for posting! I am glad that I haven’t been to the Thornhill Sobeys for a long while since it doesn’t participate in most AM events. I thought about going there for the 95 AM bonus offer but went to Foodland instead as it’s closer.

All done the Bonus Boom....50 airmiles for BMO at Metro.
Oh well better days ahead.
Hugs
Mel

On a positive note let's all have a cup of tea!

Did You Know?
The world joins hands to celebrate its first International Tea Day today. The amount of tea that Canadians drink has doubled in the past few decades. As of 2015, Canadians drank 85 litres per person per year, up from only 36 litres in 1991! Tea surpassed both soft drinks and bottled water, and is only slightly less than the amount of coffee that Canadians drink.

I'll likely just do the BMO deal for Bonus Boom. I just need to get to the grocery store and spend the $50.

When the original air miles promotion came out in March but cancelled 2 days after the start date due to a Covid-19, I had opted in to the BMO deal where, if you opted in, they offered 400 airmiles if you spent $500 at airmiles sponsors. On the first day of the promotion, I phoned airmiles and they told me to go ahead as they had not received any cancellation notice. I spent the amount but next day airmiles cancelled their spring promotion. Great news! BMO has credited my account 400 airmiles.

On a side note, a few weeks ago I received an email for a contest offering essential workers 950 miles as a Thank You for working. I just noticed that I have 950 Cash miles in my account. What a wonderful gesture. That being said, I am not collecting airmiles like I have in the past.

A little off topic vent.....
I've been trying to find dog to adopt and man is it hard. DD has been bugging for another dog since our last dog passed away. I really didn't want another one because I end up being totally responsible. Anyway, she has anxiety and lately mild depression. Our doctor can't help her right now....which that ticks me off on another level and I do love my doctor. DH and I talked about it and he said to get her a dog......I do totally agree that a dog will help her. I have spent far too much time searching. There are a million rescues and they are rude and beyond picky about who they approve. Some are listing dogs as available but when I contacted them they say no, not available yet, and will be months due to needing a surgery etc. Other ones will say submit the application.....but we may or may not contact you. I've applied at 3 that after spending 20 minutes filling out the application....5 minutes later they respond and say the dog is not available. I've had some very rude mails from 2 others.....I've sent an email asking if the dog is still available and they reply with 'READ THE POST'. One, flatly refused me because I don't have a vet reference......I never liked the past vet and we parted ways very badly so I will NOT offer their name. So what the heck???

If anyone knows of a small-ish, non shedding dog that needs a home ....let me know please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter