Airmiles Armchair Chatter

You need to go back and there is a section below the game the lists your prizes and then click on the add button and the points are added then.
Thanks! I am able to add the points from the prizes. I thought I would get 50 airmiles just for downloading the app and logging in, but maybe that is not what they meant!

I logged into the airmiles account to see how many miles we accumulated over the weekend since we did a little road trip to the city to help /visit the kiddos. Sigh, we got quite a few AM (174 AM total for the trip) but we also spent $$$ for fuel and bottled water as well.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see I could spin 10 times :goodvibes

I got 3- 5 AM at Lights Canada
3- 20 AM at heelboy
25,5,15, and one more 25 AM. I'll take the 70 AM for doing nothing!!!! I won't use the other ones.

BUT, I think I have found some shoes (Sketchers seem to work the best for me) to wear for HOmesense shifts. So I'll be shopping thorugh the airmiles shop. Also I need 2 things from Sephora again...so another onling shop!!!

Little by little, I'll get those miles up!

A short break from Carousel of Progress...oh wait, that's Dreams.

Story time.....

DD's job with DCL is currently being held hostage by the doctor that did her physical. We thought we found a local doctor to do the paperwork. Found her through Transport Canada....supposedly has the certification to perform a maritime clearance. Turned out the Dr didn't have a clue. She was unprepared (even after we emailed all the docs ahead of time) and argumentative. She took a $200 payment, gave a receipt of $75 but couldn't do the paperwork. So in a desperate last ditch effort I called the clinic in Montreal that was the only Canadian option that DCL supplied. This is happening literally hours before I'm going to Punta Cana. I figured that DH still had a week of vacay time so he could take DD to Montreal as soon as we got back. I got the most amazing lady on the phone and she knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about and gives me very detailed info about the whole process. They have an account to direct bill DCL. She then tells me the earliest appt. is 4 days later and from there they have daily openings. I asked if there was a hotel near the clinic as we would be driving in from out of town. She asks where we live....I tell her and she says, we have a clinic in Toronto. HOLY COW. So I book DD an appointment for 5 days later....while I'm still away. It was a 3 hour process but she was finished and had passed everything they just needed the bloodwork back and the papers would be uploaded to DCL.

Well, here it gets interesting. The paperwork was supposed to take, at most, 10 business days. Why...I don't know. Everything was filled out and signed while DD was there, and bloodwork only takes 24hrs. DD called a few days before the 10 days were up to ask for an update. There was none....they don't answer the phone or emails. A few days later she gets an email stating that ONE thing on her bloodwork was elevated and she needed to follow up with our doctor. This info passed along on a Friday afternoon. I called our doc's office and managed to convince the rude secretary to email all this stuff to the doc so she could see it before Monday....I knew her before she was even my doc. Monday morning I get an email asking for DD to come in that day. Turns out the elevated number is so slightly elevated that no doctor would think anything of it AND it's from a test that is only for alcoholism. My doc is baffled but she writes a letter confirming that DD is not an alcoholic, never has been and is completely healthy including her liver. The doctor also sent DD immediately for more blood, all liver tests......all came back the next day, text book perfect. The letter my doc wrote was not accepted and they basically sent the same email again asking for more info. So again today we go to my doctor. She pulls out the few tests that DD has had over her life which were back in 2009, makes copies for us. She copies the latest blood report and makes copies of her chart notes. Then again writes a letter and this time writes the letter on the email answering each point they asked for. She then adds a note at the bottom saying that it is highly likely that the number they question is just what DD's normal is.

From there DD and I get in the car and drive to Toronto to the clinic. She's totally defeated and I'm a dog with a bone at this point. We are going to march in that office and demand to see someone face to face. Joke was on me...neither the Dr or the occupational admin person are in the office today. I tried to beg the receptionist to do anything she could to expedite this and could they PLEEEEEASE get this finished tomorrow. I told her DD is about to lose her job as it's now a week past the deadline for the clearance. She was a nice lady but I doubt that she was going to do anything other than put the papers in the proper inbox. We left but I will say that I think DD was feeling a little bit better about the whole thing. So now we wait.

I took DD for a Costco shopping spree right after which naturally lifted her spirits. LOL....she bought a bunch of things she needs for the ship. Add in a hotdog with fries and everything is right with the world again. I feel better purging all that.....thanks and my apologies all at the same time.

Now ...back to our regularly scheduled program.

Story time.....

DD's job with DCL is currently being held hostage by the doctor that did her physical. We thought we found a local doctor to do the paperwork. Found her through Transport Canada....supposedly has the certification to perform a maritime clearance. Turned out the Dr didn't have a clue. She was unprepared (even after we emailed all the docs ahead of time) and argumentative. She took a $200 payment, gave a receipt of $75 but couldn't do the paperwork. So in a desperate last ditch effort I called the clinic in Montreal that was the only Canadian option that DCL supplied. This is happening literally hours before I'm going to Punta Cana. I figured that DH still had a week of vacay time so he could take DD to Montreal as soon as we got back. I got the most amazing lady on the phone and she knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about and gives me very detailed info about the whole process. They have an account to direct bill DCL. She then tells me the earliest appt. is 4 days later and from there they have daily openings. I asked if there was a hotel near the clinic as we would be driving in from out of town. She asks where we live....I tell her and she says, we have a clinic in Toronto. HOLY COW. So I book DD an appointment for 5 days later....while I'm still away. It was a 3 hour process but she was finished and had passed everything they just needed the bloodwork back and the papers would be uploaded to DCL.

Well, here it gets interesting. The paperwork was supposed to take, at most, 10 business days. Why...I don't know. Everything was filled out and signed while DD was there, and bloodwork only takes 24hrs. DD called a few days before the 10 days were up to ask for an update. There was none....they don't answer the phone or emails. A few days later she gets an email stating that ONE thing on her bloodwork was elevated and she needed to follow up with our doctor. This info passed along on a Friday afternoon. I called our doc's office and managed to convince the rude secretary to email all this stuff to the doc so she could see it before Monday....I knew her before she was even my doc. Monday morning I get an email asking for DD to come in that day. Turns out the elevated number is so slightly elevated that no doctor would think anything of it AND it's from a test that is only for alcoholism. My doc is baffled but she writes a letter confirming that DD is not an alcoholic, never has been and is completely healthy including her liver. The doctor also sent DD immediately for more blood, all liver tests......all came back the next day, text book perfect. The letter my doc wrote was not accepted and they basically sent the same email again asking for more info. So again today we go to my doctor. She pulls out the few tests that DD has had over her life which were back in 2009, makes copies for us. She copies the latest blood report and makes copies of her chart notes. Then again writes a letter and this time writes the letter on the email answering each point they asked for. She then adds a note at the bottom saying that it is highly likely that the number they question is just what DD's normal is.

From there DD and I get in the car and drive to Toronto to the clinic. She's totally defeated and I'm a dog with a bone at this point. We are going to march in that office and demand to see someone face to face. Joke was on me...neither the Dr or the occupational admin person are in the office today. I tried to beg the receptionist to do anything she could to expedite this and could they PLEEEEEASE get this finished tomorrow. I told her DD is about to lose her job as it's now a week past the deadline for the clearance. She was a nice lady but I doubt that she was going to do anything other than put the papers in the proper inbox. We left but I will say that I think DD was feeling a little bit better about the whole thing. So now we wait.

I took DD for a Costco shopping spree right after which naturally lifted her spirits. LOL....she bought a bunch of things she needs for the ship. Add in a hotdog with fries and everything is right with the world again. I feel better purging all that.....thanks and my apologies all at the same time.

Oh goodness, what a nightmare!! I’m sorry for you AND daughter! Ughhh just brutal. It’s amazing how complex our world is and the lengths one must go through for things like that! It should be much simpler!!

Oh goodness, what a nightmare!! I’m sorry for you AND daughter! Ughhh just brutal. It’s amazing how complex our world is and the lengths one must go through for things like that! It should be much simpler!!
You know…I’ll will take some of the blame on this. When DD first got the info for the physical she showed it to me and the 2 closest options were Montreal and Orlando….nothing even in any US states within a days drive. I called Orlando thinking maybe we could make it a long weekend. That wasn’t going to work because someone had to come back in a few weeks to pick up the paperwork. So at that point I wanted to call Montreal but DD said no…she had just been there and didn’t want to go back. So this is where I take the blame….if I had just called then there would have been lots of time to get it done. I never should have listened to her or google. At her age it’s a balancing act as to what I help with and what I don’t.

Last week I told her to email her DCL contact and explain in detail what was happening so that if they knew maybe they could give her so some slack. The recruiter answered back and It didn’t sound terrible so hopefully they can be patient.

Story time.....

What a great Mama you are! Sounds like so much work, some parents would have given up. Things will work out, I'm sure and she will be so great full she had this opportunity.
Tell her I look forward to seeing her in February when we are there, wherever she may land. Now, you go have a great vacation and relax.

What a time you are having. Please keep us up to date with details as they become available. I want to know how this all ends. My thoughts are with you, fingers crossed it won't be much longer.

What a time you are having. Please keep us up to date with details as they become available. I want to know how this all ends. My thoughts are with you, fingers crossed it won't be much longer.
It's like a soap opera now. All we need is an affair and a secret child :rolleyes:

once i have acess to a computer instead of just my phone I'll dig a bit deeper but it looks like for JUST ontario residents there's an offer for the month of November to get 10x base miles at any partners and online shopping portal as well. Opt in either thru the app or the website

Screenshot_20221101-094219_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221101-093536_AIR MILES.jpg

All my bonus plays appeared today. Took a while to play them all. Mostly 15AM/play. Racked up a bunch of AM which is good.

I got a nice surprise today....750 miles in my account for Amex travel redemption benefit. Does anyone know what that is?

AND...........
Drum roll.......
DD got her clearance. FINALLY! She said it came late yesterday but she hadn't checked her email. They also called this morning to tell her that she had to come and pick up the hardcopy or they could mail it for $25. She's excited again. OMG...she leaves next week so I guess there will be some work/travel details soon. She goes to Orlando for 6 days for fittings and admin stuff. She's hoping for a free day while she's in Orlando so she can go to MK or at the very least a few hours to go to DS. After that they have rehearsals and a 2 week stint on the ship for training. Home for Christmas and then gone to the ship for 3 months.

I'm feeling more positive about getting to go on the ship too. There are more options at the lower price....4 different weeks and 3 room categories that are at my price limit. For a while there was only one option so I thought we might not get to go. Even at the lowest price point the cruise only is going to be over $4000 CAD....inside, guaranteed category.

I got a nice surprise today....750 miles in my account for Amex travel redemption benefit. Does anyone know what that is?

AND...........
Drum roll.......
DD got her clearance. FINALLY! She said it came late yesterday but she hadn't checked her email. They also called this morning to tell her that she had to come and pick up the hardcopy or they could mail it for $25. She's excited again. OMG...she leaves next week so I guess there will be some work/travel details soon. She goes to Orlando for 6 days for fittings and admin stuff. She's hoping for a free day while she's in Orlando so she can go to MK or at the very least a few hours to go to DS. After that they have rehearsals and a 2 week stint on the ship for training. Home for Christmas and then gone to the ship for 3 months.

I'm feeling more positive about getting to go on the ship too. There are more options at the lower price....4 different weeks and 3 room categories that are at my price limit. For a while there was only one option so I thought we might not get to go. Even at the lowest price point the cruise only is going to be over $4000 CAD....inside, guaranteed category.
So glad it has worked out! And glad you are finding a cruise at your price point. How exciting to see your daughter working on a ship!

So glad it has worked out! And glad you are finding a cruise at your price point. How exciting to see your daughter working on a ship!
LOL....not at all my price point. I think it's way over priced. I can go to a luxury AI for 10 days for less than what this will cost. I'm going to hold off until after DD gets meeting some other people to see what their opinions are of her being able to snag a crew deal. There is an option but she has to be onboard 30 days before she can apply to have a guest. Then it's dependent on getting approval and cabins being available. She will be sharing a cabin but if she wasn't then she could have a family member stay in her cabin.

AND...........
Drum roll.......
DD got her clearance. FINALLY!

I had the same dump into my account about 2 months after booking flights to Orlando and just figured there was some promo happening (maybe still going on?) that I hadn't paid any attention to whenever AM mentioned it. I'll happily take the miles :D

So happy to hear your daughter's saga has finally wrapped up, it was like reading a plot to a TV movie!

I had the same dump into my account about 2 months after booking flights to Orlando and just figured there was some promo happening (maybe still going on?) that I hadn't paid any attention to whenever AM mentioned it. I'll happily take the miles :D

So happy to hear your daughter's saga has finally wrapped up, it was like reading a plot to a TV movie!
So I Googled and the 750 miles come from an Amex deal. If you redeem miles for a vacation package or flight but also pay a portion with your Amex you get 25% of the miles used up to a max of 750. I think only once per year.

It really is a saga.....still not fully wrapped up. Now she's having issues uploading her docs to the site that DCL uses. She gets one page on and then it says she's missing something. She has tried 4 times. Right now she thinks it's all there but is waiting for the confirmation. Honestly....what more??? Anyway, tomorrow I'm leaving work early to take her to get the hardcopies and then to Shoppers (20X day) to get all the items on her packing list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter