Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sat Dec 17th *(Opt In)

Unwrap the App
100 Bonus Miles
When you use any offer found on airmilescardlink.ca*
Ends Sat, Dec 24

Terms + Conditions​

* Offer available to AIR MILES collectors with a linked Canadian-issued Mastercard (“Eligible Mastercard”). Offer valid December 17, 2022 to December 24, 2022. To get Bonus Miles, collectors must have linked their eligible Canadian Mastercard to their AIR MILES collector number, and then from December 17, 2022 to December 24, 2022 make an eligible purchase at any participating brands and meet the criteria required for one or more of the bonus offers featured on airmilescardlink.ca. Please see each unique offer terms and conditions for specific details. These 100 Bonus Miles are in addition to the Bonus Miles you are eligible for in connection with each individual offer. Opt-in must occur before the eligible purchase is made to qualify for this offer. Limit of one offer per collector number. This offer can be combined with other offers.

Your AIR MILES collector number must be linked to an Eligible Mastercard. Your Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. To qualify for the offers, eligible purchase transactions charged to your Eligible Mastercard must be subsequently posted to your Mastercard account by December 24, 2022. In case of an online purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the Eligible Mastercard is charged on the shipping date and that date occurs after the offer ends. Mastercard is not responsible for the fulfillment of the offer. Purchases made by an authorized user of a supplementary card linked to the Eligible Mastercard do not qualify, unless the supplementary card is also linked to the AIR MILES collector number. Please allow up to 90 days after the unique offer’s end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. If you no longer wish to participate in this promotion, you can unlink your Mastercard from your AIR MILES collector number at any time.

Hugs MelView attachment 725876
Subway for lunch on Monday!

Can someone shake this out for me please and thanks.
So I need to make 2 $10 purchases in the same transaction,,,(like 2 $10 gift cards) to qualify?
I can't figure out if I need to make 2 $10 purchases once or twice?
Can you tell my cat had me up at 4:30 am,,, brain dead today.

10 Bonus Miles™​

View attachment 725874
Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles™ when you make 2 eligible purchases of $10 at Subway® locations, online at subway.com, or in the Subway® app

Terms and Conditions​

Offer available to AIR MILES collectors with a linked Canadian-issued Mastercard (“Eligible Mastercard”). Offer valid December 1, 2022 to January 3, 2023. Valid at any Subway® location in Canada, online at subway.com or on the Subway® app. Each of the 2 minimum qualifying purchases of $10 must be made in a single transaction on an Eligible Mastercard, and includes taxes, duty, eco fees, shipping and handling as applicable. For clarification, minimum qualified spend is calculated based on the entire purchase, being the total amount that is posted to the Eligible Card’s statement. Limit of one (1) offer per day per collector number. This offer can be combined with other offers.
Thanks
Mel
My read is you need 2 minimum $10.00 spends and cannot be in the same day.

My read is you need 2 minimum $10.00 spends and cannot be in the same day.
That's not how I read it. It says one 'offer' per day and the offer is for the AMs isn't it? So you could complete the offer by making 2 purchases of $10 each in the same day but you couldn't do 4 purchases of $10 each in the same day and get the AMs offer twice.
I'll know soon, I paid for Dh and my sub separately to complete the offer. Fingers crossed it works.

Very odd, since I'm Onyx and the only AM collector. The only difference is that the AM is in hubby's name and the BMO (world elite) MC is in mine. THAT is probably the problem. And he is not getting another credit card. Oh, well. Such is life. Thanks for checking, though! That was very kind!

I didn't get the BMO/Metro offer either. I'm Onyx and BMO main card holder but not world elite.

I also missed the Dec 16 Shell offer opt-in, really would have liked that one!

Airmiles Timber Mart App Offer

45 Bonus Miles
Spend $45+ on almost anything in-store*
Ends Sat, Dec 24

timber1.jpg
Unfortunately it would cost me 45 in gas to get to the nearest Timber Mart.

Terms + Conditions​

* Offer valid December 18 to 24, 2022. Valid only at participating TIMBER MART locations. Minimum $45 purchase must be spent in a single transaction, excluding taxes, gift cards, delivery charges, and wholesale and house accounts. Limit of one bonus offer per collector number per promotional period. To qualify for this offer, you must first activate it prior to making the qualified purchase by clicking the “Opt in now” button. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of purchase. Offer cannot be combined with any other AIR MILES bonus offer or AIR MILES promotion. Bonus offers are not cumulative. Please allow up to 60 days for the Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account.

Hugs Mel

Update time....
DD came home yesterday for the Christmas break. Her flight was not until 2:25pm but had to be off the ship at 6am. Those with flights after 3pm don't leave until 8am, needless to say DD was ticked about that. I found the whole explanation confusing. She had to be at the crew office by 5am but it doesn't open until 5:30....they have paperwork to get signed off, hand in their ID, have bags scanned (to leave) and then when they get off they have to do immigration. Fortunately another member of her group was also on this same schedule so they did the whole process together. Once they completed the onboard stuff they went to grab some breakfast then left the ship. They were put on a small shuttle (think rental car shuttle) for the drive to the airport. She said very uncomfortable for everyone. So then it was hanging out at the airport for approx 5hrs dragging around her luggage until she could check in for the flight. I told her to look for a corner somewhere and crash on the floor....but no that's not her style. So she had breakfast again, wandered the stores, weighted her bag, repacked it 3 times to get the weight just a hair under 50lbs and texted me constantly. Her flight did not start check in until 12pm which did not surprise me as that has been previous experience with that airline at MCO. Security was surprisingly quick. She then got a proper coffee (her words) from Satan's brew house and went to the gate. Her plane was coming from YYZ and actually left early so it arrived at MCO early, they loaded early and took off early. When she landed (15 minutes early...wow) they were at the gate and off the plane in under 10 minutes. Again lucking out, she walked off the plane through 1 door and was right at the CBSA kiosks. She was in and out of there in no time at all. Do you see the theme here? Bags were coming out by the time she got there. She texted me when they landed, from then to getting in the car at the curb was 35 minutes. That has to be a record!

Unfortunately she didn't get the reception from the dog that she was hoping for when we walked in the house. It was dinner time and NOTHING stands in the way of that dogs dinner. However, after dinner the dog went straight upstairs and got on DD's bed. That was a clear sign that she was happy her #1 human was home.

Stay tuned as chapter 2 begins in January.

Update time....
DD came home yesterday for the Christmas break. Her flight was not until 2:25pm but had to be off the ship at 6am. Those with flights after 3pm don't leave until 8am, needless to say DD was ticked about that. I found the whole explanation confusing. She had to be at the crew office by 5am but it doesn't open until 5:30....they have paperwork to get signed off, hand in their ID, have bags scanned (to leave) and then when they get off they have to do immigration. Fortunately another member of her group was also on this same schedule so they did the whole process together. Once they completed the onboard stuff they went to grab some breakfast then left the ship. They were put on a small shuttle (think rental car shuttle) for the drive to the airport. She said very uncomfortable for everyone. So then it was hanging out at the airport for approx 5hrs dragging around her luggage until she could check in for the flight. I told her to look for a corner somewhere and crash on the floor....but no that's not her style. So she had breakfast again, wandered the stores, weighted her bag, repacked it 3 times to get the weight just a hair under 50lbs and texted me constantly. Her flight did not start check in until 12pm which did not surprise me as that has been previous experience with that airline at MCO. Security was surprisingly quick. She then got a proper coffee (her words) from Satan's brew house and went to the gate. Her plane was coming from YYZ and actually left early so it arrived at MCO early, they loaded early and took off early. When she landed (15 minutes early...wow) they were at the gate and off the plane in under 10 minutes. Again lucking out, she walked off the plane through 1 door and was right at the CBSA kiosks. She was in and out of there in no time at all. Do you see the theme here? Bags were coming out by the time she got there. She texted me when they landed, from then to getting in the car at the curb was 35 minutes. That has to be a record!

Unfortunately she didn't get the reception from the dog that she was hoping for when we walked in the house. It was dinner time and NOTHING stands in the way of that dogs dinner. However, after dinner the dog went straight upstairs and got on DD's bed. That was a clear sign that she was happy her #1 human was home.

Stay tuned as chapter 2 begins in January.
Don't know if this will ever help her however, if she finds she has a lot of hours to spend at MCO, Hyatt has day rooms available. It would give her someplace to keep her luggage till she can check it in, someplace to have a nap, there is even a pool on the rooftop if she wants to lie out in the sun. If she had anyone having to be at the airport while waiting for a late flight they could split the cost. She may already know this but thought I would share in case.
I have booked two day rooms for our flight home in March. Flight doesn't leave till 6 and we will get to the airport around 10 so it's a great place to relax and not have to find a seat, with tons of luggage, for 7 people.

Don't know if this will ever help her however, if she finds she has a lot of hours to spend at MCO, Hyatt has day rooms available. It would give her someplace to keep her luggage till she can check it in, someplace to have a nap, there is even a pool on the rooftop if she wants to lie out in the sun. If she had anyone having to be at the airport while waiting for a late flight they could split the cost. She may already know this but thought I would share in case.
I have booked two day rooms for our flight home in March. Flight doesn't leave till 6 and we will get to the airport around 10 so it's a great place to relax and not have to find a seat, with tons of luggage, for 7 people.
I didn’t know they did that. That’s is very good information. She ended up moving seats many times as people would sit near her that were being loud, there were even some that were smelly. Do you recall the approx cost?

Guys looking at the airmiles BMO /metro app , how is everyone interpreting it ? Is it simply a threshold spend and we can purchase gift cards ? It says eligible purchases but how is BMO going to track ?
Just thinking . Sure it’s too good to be true

Did my subway offer today. In its terms, it says until Jan 3, but in Terms of main website, it says until Dec 24…? Can I do the subway one every day until Jan 3?

Guys looking at the airmiles BMO /metro app , how is everyone interpreting it ? Is it simply a threshold spend and we can purchase gift cards ? It says eligible purchases but how is BMO going to track ?
Just thinking . Sure it’s too good to be true
I read this one VERY closely and was going to be asking for opinions as well :)
Here's how I'm interpreting it based on the info I've cut and pasted below
There are TWO sets of terms and this is for the promo that came from the App/email invite that required Opting in

This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard cardholder who received this offer invitation email. Offer valid each Thursday to Sunday between December 15, 2022 and March 9, 2023. To qualify for the AIR MILES Bonus Miles, you must first click the "Opt in" button from the offer invitation and then make an eligible purchase, in a single transaction, on your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard or BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard at any Metro location, excluding Thunder Bay, or online at metro.ca, as follows: a minimum of $60 to get 50 Bonus Miles, a minimum of $100 to get 100 Bonus Miles, a minimum of $250 to get 250 Bonus Miles, or a minimum of $500 to get 500 Bonus Miles. Eligible purchase excludes tobacco products and any other products or services that we may specify from time to time or where prohibited by law. Limit of one (1) eligible purchase transaction per collector number per week (Thursday – Sunday). The maximum number of Bonus Miles to be earned in connection with this offer during the offer period is 2000 Bonus Miles per collector number. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the promotion end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. O
ffer is subject to change without notice.

Now, the highlighting and red is my doing and I read as meaning:
  • Need to opt-in FIRST
  • Valid only on weekends from this weekend until the 9th of March
  • Only one bonus per weekend based on whichever transactions is largest within the thresholds given
  • ONLY exclusion mentioned is tobacco products
Terms for the regular earnings of 1 mile/$20

Get 1 Mile for every $20 spent in a week (Sunday to Saturday). Offer valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Reward Miles will not be awarded on taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. For details and a list of participating stores, visit metro.ca.

Again the highlighted sections shows MANY exclusions with tobacco within that list and based on that fact I'm going with YES gift cards will be included in the offer that's good on the weekends only. We're thrilled because we have a trip coming up and if we can earn 1:1 why not? We also use AMEX which gives 1 mile/$5 at grocery stores letting us earn a lot of miles.

I didn’t know they did that. That’s is very good information. She ended up moving seats many times as people would sit near her that were being loud, there were even some that were smelly. Do you recall the approx cost?
I booked two rooms, both were rooms with 2 queen beds. I had to book that way because there are 7 of us. Each room was $229 after all taxes and fees. We could have booked rooms with one King bed for $169 (not sure if that was with tax) but because there were 7 of us we would have to book two plus a queen room anyways. It will book a king room with 2 people but once you get to 3 or 4 you have to book a double.
I think the prices may very, depending on the time of year, because last one we booked was $99. It was a king, there were only two of us. You do have to phone to book these, for some reason you can't book them online, but they are always avalable.
To us it is well worth the money.

Did my subway offer today. In its terms, it says until Jan 3, but in Terms of main website, it says until Dec 24…? Can I do the subway one every day until Jan 3?
Yes, it's been one of the "linked" offers since the beginning so it will give you whatever the mentioned miles are until Jan 3rd. The Dec 24th date is for the Unwrap the App offer

I read this one VERY closely and was going to be asking for opinions as well :)
Here's how I'm interpreting it based on the info I've cut and pasted below
There are TWO sets of terms and this is for the promo that came from the App/email invite that required Opting in

This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard cardholder who received this offer invitation email. Offer valid each Thursday to Sunday between December 15, 2022 and March 9, 2023. To qualify for the AIR MILES Bonus Miles, you must first click the "Opt in" button from the offer invitation and then make an eligible purchase, in a single transaction, on your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard or BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard at any Metro location, excluding Thunder Bay, or online at metro.ca, as follows: a minimum of $60 to get 50 Bonus Miles, a minimum of $100 to get 100 Bonus Miles, a minimum of $250 to get 250 Bonus Miles, or a minimum of $500 to get 500 Bonus Miles. Eligible purchase excludes tobacco products and any other products or services that we may specify from time to time or where prohibited by law. Limit of one (1) eligible purchase transaction per collector number per week (Thursday – Sunday). The maximum number of Bonus Miles to be earned in connection with this offer during the offer period is 2000 Bonus Miles per collector number. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the promotion end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. O
ffer is subject to change without notice.

Now, the highlighting and red is my doing and I read as meaning:
  • Need to opt-in FIRST
  • Valid only on weekends from this weekend until the 9th of March
  • Only one bonus per weekend based on whichever transactions is largest within the thresholds given
  • ONLY exclusion mentioned is tobacco products
Terms for the regular earnings of 1 mile/$20

Get 1 Mile for every $20 spent in a week (Sunday to Saturday). Offer valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Reward Miles will not be awarded on taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. For details and a list of participating stores, visit metro.ca.

Again the highlighted sections shows MANY exclusions with tobacco within that list and based on that fact I'm going with YES gift cards will be included in the offer that's good on the weekends only. We're thrilled because we have a trip coming up and if we can earn 1:1 why not? We also use AMEX which gives 1 mile/$5 at grocery stores letting us earn a lot of miles.
I'll give this a go today, pick up some gift cards and see what happens. I'll report back if it comes through. I would assume though that it would come when my statement gets cut off and that just happened so it might take a while.

Just thinking, I wonder if you could book these through AMs. Would have to put in a request but bet it would work. I'll have to try that next time I need to book.

Did the Shell Unwrao the App today. Spent $50.04 and got 152 AM. Great return!
Now off to do the Save On Foods card linked offer for spend $100 get 50 AM plus the 100 AM for Unwrap the App. I will pick up a couple of groceries and then gift cards for the kids stockings to make up to over $100.

Attachments

• 08E07797-7928-4114-8656-B0991E72F5D2.png
    08E07797-7928-4114-8656-B0991E72F5D2.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter