Airmiles Armchair Chatter

DD will get gas on the way home today…so that’s fill up number 4 for the month and 100 miles plus 30. I can do gas later this week for 5 fill ups for another 50 plus 30.

Since my brain is fried right now….do I try to remember to buy premium for this promo?

V-Power is 10L/1 AM, so if you bought the 40x maxpass, YES, do the v-power for more air miles.

For the 100 bonus miles (1 AM / 1L), NO, as it's based on the number of litres purchased.

V-Power is 10L/1 AM, so if you bought the 40x maxpass, YES, do the v-power for more air miles.

For the 100 bonus miles (1 AM / 1L), NO, as it's based on the number of litres purchased.
No didn’t get the max pass for Shell….did get one for Metro. Now I’m thinking I should have gone for the Shell one. A few less miles probably but more simple. LOL…made the purchase in the car right before calling my mom.

DH texted, on his way home but will stop for gas. I told him not to fill up, please. He’s working from home tomorrow so why does he even need to get gas…

Well my mom did not get her surgery yesterday. An emergency came in and paused everything. Thankfully, my youngest was reading between the lines when speaking with doctors/nurses. She thought that by the way everyone was talking that it really wouldn't happen. My oldest showed up in the afternoon and set up office so she could work but still be there. My two went out for coffee and the youngest relayed what had been going on. Told her older sister that she had to stay until the call was officially made at 9pm. She felt that if nana had time alone to sit and think about it she would back out. Anyway, 9pm rolls around and there was no call from the surgery dept.....9:30, still no call. Finally at 9:50 the unit nurse called surgery to ask what was happening. I have to say I found that a tad annoying....they had to have known at least a little earlier that it wasn't a go. We were all waiting and my mom had not eaten since dinner the night before.

One interesting thing that did happen yesterday though. There were a couple of doctors doing rounds and one of them got trapped into a conversation with my mom (they ask a question and she goes off on a long story that is not really related) about her blood cancer and the hematologist she had gone to. The doctor gave my DD the names of two hematologists in the hospital and said go back to the GP and ask for a new referral. In the conversation my DD is listening and realizes that my mom has totally misunderstood, or just didn't listen, to what the first hematologist had told her....DD took her to that appointment. After the DR left the room DD says to her that what she said was not what had happened. My mom got angry and said that oh yes it was. DD then says I was there, I know what he said. My mom then got quiet and said oh yes. They talked about it and DD told her what the DR had explained. My mom was then quiet and finally said, I guess I misunderstood. So where that goes from here....I have no idea.

The last few days I'm realizing that my youngest is a lot more like me than I realized. She has really stepped up with all this. She sat there all day yesterday without a complaint and when she got home last night she immediately asked me what time she should go back this morning. Then we got into the stories of the day and she totally vented all the frustrations.....just like me.

Thanks all...for letting me vent it all here! Writing it all feels like true purging.

Making a shopping list for Metro.

I am never sure what exactly this means in the terms & conditions
****************behind the-counter pharmacy items,*********
Like if its on a shelf in front of the Pharmacy is it ok????????????

I am looking at
Pepcid AC
Reactine
Vitamins

Thanks
Hugs Mel
fd72d2c8e6b90ccef8324f1502151fa4.jpg

Well my mom did not get her surgery yesterday. An emergency came in and paused everything. Thankfully, my youngest was reading between the lines when speaking with doctors/nurses. She thought that by the way everyone was talking that it really wouldn't happen. My oldest showed up in the afternoon and set up office so she could work but still be there. My two went out for coffee and the youngest relayed what had been going on. Told her older sister that she had to stay until the call was officially made at 9pm. She felt that if nana had time alone to sit and think about it she would back out. Anyway, 9pm rolls around and there was no call from the surgery dept.....9:30, still no call. Finally at 9:50 the unit nurse called surgery to ask what was happening. I have to say I found that a tad annoying....they had to have known at least a little earlier that it wasn't a go. We were all waiting and my mom had not eaten since dinner the night before.

One interesting thing that did happen yesterday though. There were a couple of doctors doing rounds and one of them got trapped into a conversation with my mom (they ask a question and she goes off on a long story that is not really related) about her blood cancer and the hematologist she had gone to. The doctor gave my DD the names of two hematologists in the hospital and said go back to the GP and ask for a new referral. In the conversation my DD is listening and realizes that my mom has totally misunderstood, or just didn't listen, to what the first hematologist had told her....DD took her to that appointment. After the DR left the room DD says to her that what she said was not what had happened. My mom got angry and said that oh yes it was. DD then says I was there, I know what he said. My mom then got quiet and said oh yes. They talked about it and DD told her what the DR had explained. My mom was then quiet and finally said, I guess I misunderstood. So where that goes from here....I have no idea.

The last few days I'm realizing that my youngest is a lot more like me than I realized. She has really stepped up with all this. She sat there all day yesterday without a complaint and when she got home last night she immediately asked me what time she should go back this morning. Then we got into the stories of the day and she totally vented all the frustrations.....just like me.

Thanks all...for letting me vent it all here! Writing it all feels like true purging.
If I learned two things from my own experience with my mother and a broken hip it was.
1. make sure they get food into her after they decide "not today". I went through days waiting for the surgery to happen and my mom got progressively weaker with each passing day as she was not eating properly.
2. make sure someone (family or paid sitter) is there with her at all times. Having that second set of ears and hands is necessary in today's hospital environment (as your note above mentions).

I hope she will have her surgery today and be on her road to recovery.

I am looking at
Pepcid AC
Reactine
Vitamins

Thanks
Hugs Mel
View attachment 845180
There are some medicines which don't require a prescription but are behind the counter for various reasons. High dose Iron pills are one example. Those are the items that are excluded as well as prescription medication.

If you can find the items on the shelf (in front of the pharmacy or in the store) you're good to go.

I am looking at
Pepcid AC
Reactine
Vitamins

Thanks
Hugs Mel
View attachment 845180
Yes, those are fine the ones that are not are what's referred to as "Controlled substances" such as Tylenol 2 or 3, and any product that requires extra consultation with the on duty pharmacist. I'm not 💯 sure if that applies to things like lice shampoo and comb kits, that's an oddity. To be safe, in this case, it means literally, anything you have to ask for them to have over to you.

side note I have bought iron supplements that did earn miles and those are only behind the counter so I'm A bit mixed on where the line is drawn to be honest!

@bababear_50 -here's a monkey wrench to toss into your lists, are you chasing miles because you spent the $10 AND is Metro the best place to buy those items? I've found the prices are either far too $$$$ or oddly, less than drug stores and while I want to get the value out of my max pass I don't want to overspend in the long run.

Just got an offer for Rexall that's good for Thursday only, spend $60 get $20 worth of points back. I know the offers are targeted for items but currently I have one for stomach remedies, vitamins AND allergy meds so I will get all of those extra points as well.

Math for comparison :
Spend $60 at Metro gets 3 base miles, the Max Pass makes that 120 miles, just over $10 worth of miles
Spend $60 at Rexall get $20 worth of points - guess what I'm doing!

Yeah for me it's hard to say ,, I will be picking up about 40$ in groceries at Metro
but I could extend it to 100$ if I get a couple of things in the Pharmacy.
6267-easter-bunny-egg-sticker.png

I wont overpay if the prices are too high but just keeping it as a option.

That Thursday Rexall shop is a good one.
I have a few coupons too.
Happy Shopping

Has/Did anyone receive 75AM yet for doing the receipts offer Mar 8-11? Usually those AM post at the same time as the offer. Got my 3 for the cucumber but nothing else yet.

Surgery finally took place yesterday afternoon. They took her at 2pm and the DR called me at 3:20 to update that all was perfect and in fact things looked worst inside than they though so it absolutely needed to be done. I asked if all the lower back pain that she has been self medicating for over a year could have been involved in this whole thing....immediate answer was yes, probably. So she has suffered daily pain, sucked back a ton of Tylenol and increased her fatalist attitude needlessly. She was back in her room yesterday and wide awake at some point before I got there...Dr told me to come back at 5pm. I told her what the Dr said about the back pain and we talked about all that. She admitted that she has had a very negative attitude when she shouldn't have. She went on to say that she was very grateful for us all being there through this....also said she always thought that if she ever needed to go to hospital she would be going in a taxi alone. That ticked me off. ...is that what you really think of all of us! Granted we have always had a difficult relationship but that has always been because of her. I have always known that this sort of stuff will be my responsibility. Anyway, everything was great when I left last night and as long as things were fine through the night she will go home this afternoon. Youngest DD will pick her up when she finishes work at 1pm (nurse said there was no rush to get there), will stay until her sister comes after work. My oldest will spend the night there. We joked that the only 'person' available tomorrow is Kona. That's the dog....my mom actually wants Kona to take the shift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter