Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I had a flight booked with WestJet that was direct, they changed it to no longer direct, I had to call airmiles to deal with it. They were easy to deal with, though I had done my research prior to calling and knew what I wanted in terms of flights.

So what hapenned with that? Did they switch you to another direct flight? Did you pay extra?

I’m so curious as yes we would also be trying for early or nonstop flights. For November 2019 though so I’ve got about 7 more months til I can book!!

Also starting to get some anxiety about when Star Wars will open at WDW - anyone else planning a trip for late 2019?

Eek!

So what hapenned with that? Did they switch you to another direct flight? Did you pay extra?

I’m so curious as yes we would also be trying for early or nonstop flights. For November 2019 though so I’ve got about 7 more months til I can book!!

I ended up getting refunded and later booked a different flight with Air Canada instead of WestJet. It wasn't direct but the times were better and it cost less.

Also starting to get some anxiety about when Star Wars will open at WDW - anyone else planning a trip for late 2019?

Eek!

We are hoping to go in August next year so we won't get the opening of Star Wars but I am hoping the Toy Story will be a little quieter (though I haven't been paying attention to see if it's busy yet or not any way). We'll have to book another trip for Star Wars later.

Quick question for the AM pros here. I have a couple flights for later this year booked with AMs. Unfortunately, one of the flights has changed to arrive 2 hours later than I had originally booked which puts some inconvenience into my arrival day. This flight is with Delta. According to Delta's TOS I should be able to get a different flight for no additional charge, however, given that the flight was booked with AMs, does Delta's TOS even apply?

Has anyone changed a flight booked with AMs due to an airline schedule change? Am I to call Delta or AMs? I'm getting conflicting answers via Google.

I had an issue with an upcoming flight booked through AM but with Delta. I called Delta directly and they were more than happy to help me figure things out. While AM is good about helping they have to contact Delta when making the changes on your behalf. I just cut out the middleman/woman.

We had a very successful hunting trip at Metro yesterday (even the guy who oversees the self-check was impressed :P )
  • 6 boxes of granola bars - $14 for 45 AM
  • Maple Leaf ham (one of those little things) $7.99 10 AM in the flyer and 7 targeted AM
  • 2 boxes of "ice cream on a stick" -$9.98 for 10 AM
  • Targeted threshold spend $25 for 25 AM
  • Total pre:tax $108.25 earned us 102 AM
That is a great haul for Metro, *almost* makes up for last week's measly 2 AM

Quick question for the AM pros here. I have a couple flights for later this year booked with AMs. Unfortunately, one of the flights has changed to arrive 2 hours later than I had originally booked which puts some inconvenience into my arrival day. This flight is with Delta. According to Delta's TOS I should be able to get a different flight for no additional charge, however, given that the flight was booked with AMs, does Delta's TOS even apply?

Has anyone changed a flight booked with AMs due to an airline schedule change? Am I to call Delta or AMs? I'm getting conflicting answers via Google.

I had a flight booked with WestJet that was direct, they changed it to no longer direct, I had to call airmiles to deal with it. They were easy to deal with, though I had done my research prior to calling and knew what I wanted in terms of flights.

I had an issue with an upcoming flight booked through AM but with Delta. I called Delta directly and they were more than happy to help me figure things out. While AM is good about helping they have to contact Delta when making the changes on your behalf. I just cut out the middleman/woman.

We had flights booked with Westjet and discovered on the Transportation board that the return flight had been removed from their schedule -- COMPLETELY, every single day of the week. It was an early evening flight and they simply put us on one that left MCO around 7 am... the DAY BEFORE. I didn't even think to call AM i just picked up the phone and called Westjet directly and there was zero problem switching the flight to one on the same day at the very end of the day. The agent i spoke to couldn't understand how we had been moved to a different day as well as a different flight. No extra cost and it was easy-peasy.

Does the Airmiles page look like it always does when you sign in. I just signed up for a new app and logged out. Went onto my laptop and went to access the Airmiles page and it doesn't look normal (for me). Is it just me or is it glitchy at the moment?

Eek!

My family is going to Universal Studios late August. I'm also purchasing 1-day tickets to Animal Kingdom with some Disney gift cards I have saved up. I was so hoping Star Wars would be open by then as I would purchase 2-day tickets instead! Ah well. Enjoy!

We had a very successful hunting trip at Metro yesterday (even the guy who oversees the self-check was impressed :P )
  • 6 boxes of granola bars - $14 for 45 AM
  • Maple Leaf ham (one of those little things) $7.99 10 AM in the flyer and 7 targeted AM
  • 2 boxes of "ice cream on a stick" -$9.98 for 10 AM
  • Targeted threshold spend $25 for 25 AM
  • Total pre:tax $108.25 earned us 102 AM
That is a great haul for Metro, *almost* makes up for last week's measly 2 AM

That is a fantastic haul for Metro!

Does the Airmiles page look like it always does when you sign in. I just signed up for a new app and logged out. Went onto my laptop and went to access the Airmiles page and it doesn't look normal (for me). Is it just me or is it glitchy at the moment?

It's been glitchy today. I tried very early this morning and the website was down completely.

I noticed on the weekend that there's something up with the website. Not sure if it's a glitch that they're going to fix, or if that's the way it's going to be from now on.

Hi Hon
The one I recently found is in Mississauga ,2165 Erin Mills Parkway and /QEW area,,close to Sheridan Mall.
https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/''/s...39dda5d5eb31dd!2m2!1d-79.6516512!2d43.5274846

The other one that gave me no issues using credit cards a week or so ago is 680 Queensway in Etobicoke.
https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/''/S...fc82b7ec37b1ba!2m2!1d-79.4990145!2d43.6274383

Best Regards
Mel
Great - thanks so much for the information. I feel a Miles haul coming next week :)

Eek!

We are definitely going back to WDW, along with Universal in 2019, hoping our trip will coincide with when Star Wars Land opens. If it's too late in 2019, we will have to miss it, unfortunately.

Bought a $50 Starbucks card at Shell today.....my theory of getting the 50 miles + 10 did not work. I got 55 total.
I believe that it is 1 AM per every $10 spent in store so yes, 50 for the bonus miles and 5 for the regular miles. If you purchased the $100 GC then you would get the 100 bonus and the 10 AM, 1 for every $10 spent in store. Its not 10 AM per GC. That's on a dollar spend.

Nicynot I feel your pain. I was planning on getting 4 of those 3-park 3-days park-to-park tickets and upgrading them to 3-park Season Passes when we arrived. Unfortunately we're not close enough to our trip dates to order them since Universal decided to add a 9 month expiration date on them.

Air Miles did this last year as well. As soon as Universal offered the get 2 days free, Air Miles immediately upped the redemption miles. Unfortunately, last year when the Universal 2 days free offer ended on November 30th (with the tickets expiring in May 2018), Air Miles took the Universal tickets off their website. When they brought them back, the redemption went up. So... I would count on the Universal 3-day 3-park-to-park ticket being more.

In fact, I just checked out the redemption site... Be aware these tickets expire 9 months after purchase. Air Miles is now offering:
3-park 3-days park-to-park tickets for 4,050 miles (used to be 3,600). :( * this costs $339.99 online at Universal
2-park 2-days park-to-park tickets for 3,200 miles
2-park 1-day park-to-park tickets for 2,350 miles

As well as the Universal Studios free days promo of:
2-park 3-days (PLUS 2 free days) park-to-park tickets for 3,375 miles
3-park 3-days (PLUS 2 free days) park-to-park tickets for 4,050 miles * this costs $279.99

Don't you LOVE how Air Miles not only increased the amount of miles on the 3-park 3-days park-to-park ticket (with no extra days) :mad: AND left the same redemption for the ticket with the 2 free days, even though Universal is charging $60 less for the 5 day promo? (buy 3 get 2 days free) :furious:

I am going in December, I guess I'll just have to order mine soon before they runout of tickets or up the miles required for them.. If got them, might as well use them. Flights are done. I don't need a small appliance lol

I believe that it is 1 AM per every $10 spent in store so yes, 50 for the bonus miles and 5 for the regular miles. If you purchased the $100 GC then you would get the 100 bonus and the 10 AM, 1 for every $10 spent in store. Its not 10 AM per GC. That's on a dollar spend.
I think the theory on this promo was that you got 10 additional miles per instore purchase....I know I didn’t come up with that on my own so it had to come from someone here

I think the theory on this promo was that you got 10 additional miles per instore purchase....I know I didn’t come up with that on my own so it had to come from someone here

Get 5 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles for every $5 spent in-store. Maximum of 100 bonus miles per transaction. Maximum of 5 transactions per day. No fuel purchase required and any fuel purchase will not count towards the in-store purchase threshold. In-store purchase excludes Shell Gift Cards, Tobacco products, and Service Bay repairs. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES® Card must be swiped at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other bonus offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 4 weeks post promotion for miles to be loaded to your collector account.

Here's the email coupon from Rexall for bonus miles -- should combine with the LnG offer that appeared as well for the same threshold spend.
Those of you who live in Ottawa might want to wait to see if you get another one of those amazing offers that's only good Thursday. Did anyone try to combine all 3 offers??

Spend $50 get 50 AM Valid Wed 30th & Thur May 31st

Regarding the Shell offer -- i think part of the confusion is that there have been (and still are) several overlapping offers that seem to differ from one area to another. There was one that gave 10 miles on top of whatever else you got, then the one that gives you whatever the multiplier offer is, yet another one on coke products, one for car washes if bought in bulk, the lists that are out on the Shell website are confusing and incomplete, signs get posted (or not) at stations and then not honoured ... NOW throw in the problems some are having with certain locations refusing credit card payment for gift cards and a person can get a tad twitched!
c5d9f33d59407c58cc105b2928c5d44a.jpg

Eek!

Our 2019 Disney trip will be for New Year (Dec 29 2018-Jan 4 2019) so no trip planned for us for when SWland opens. Then in 2020 our Disney trip will be either a DCL cruise for Spring break (kids choice) or Aulani (my choice). That means, WDW will have to wait until 2021 when, hopefully, we can afford APs to visit multiple times that year for the 50th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter