Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Re Ottawa - the last Ottawa specific coupon actually says it can't be combined with any other AM offers including Load and Go. Now I used one a few weeks back and it did stack, but I can't find a copy - think it was the first week and OttawaMum or somebody put a link here.

Regarding the Shell offer -- i think part of the confusion is that there have been (and still are) several overlapping offers that seem to differ from one area to another. There was one that gave 10 miles on top of whatever else you got, then the one that gives you whatever the multiplier offer is, yet another one on coke products, one for car washes if bought in bulk, the lists that are out on the Shell website are confusing and incomplete, signs get posted (or not) at stations and then not honoured ... NOW throw in the problems some are having with certain locations refusing credit card payment for gift cards and a person can get a tad twitched!
c5d9f33d59407c58cc105b2928c5d44a.jpg

Regarding the Shell coke offers, I had purchased several without issue. Then on the second last day I purchased 5. The first gave me the 25 air miles. The other four did not. Air Miles is making me wait the entire time period (75? 120 days? I forget.. I have it marked down on my spreadsheet) before they will credit me with the missing 100 miles. (sigh)

Re Ottawa - the last Ottawa specific coupon actually says it can't be combined with any other AM offers including Load and Go. Now I used one a few weeks back and it did stack, but I can't find a copy - think it was the first week and OttawaMum or somebody put a link here.
That wording has been on the Rexall email coupons for almost 2 years now (yeah i actually did just scan thru this thread to find my first comment about that wording :P ) and they have been stacking with minimal trouble (i now know which store i need to avoid if i want to stack!) I hand over any and all coupons i have, flip thru the ones on my phone and ask the cashier to please scan all of them figuring that if it works, great, if not, oh well. You obviously can't complain if the miles don't post due to what appears to be very clear indication that they will not combine but it's still worth trying!

I am definitely waiting until Thursday this week to shop at Rexall. I haven't tried all three at once because I've always used my L&G before the Ottawa specific email came out. Will give it a try this week if the forces that be send us another Ottawa area email.

I was just reading another airmiles thread I follow from time to time and there was a discussion about someone having their AM account suspended because they had too many purchases from one retailer. It was Shell and they had bought a lot of prepaid M/C and VISA cards. This may explain why they are cracking down in the Toronto area.

I hadn't ever heard of this happening before. Just thought I would share. PM me if you want the link.

My understanding of some issues surrounding the pre-paid credit cards (take with a grain of salt, these are the musings of an exhausted duck :P )
  • super easy way to *launder* some money since there is no trail to follow
  • if your method of payment comes into question AFTER you've bought the pre-paid card the retailer is potentially out some $$
  • unless you are buying something that will use the FULL balance of the card you will have trouble using them *up*
  • be sure the retailers you plan on using multiple cards at is even WILLING to take more than one per transaction
  • expect trouble if you want to use them somewhere they run a *pre-check* -- restaurant because of the tipping issue will run the cost of the bill plus and will *graciously* allow you some "comfort bubble" to give a tip on the same method of payment, hotel check-in, gas stations etc..

I was just reading another airmiles thread I follow from time to time and there was a discussion about someone having their AM account suspended because they had too many purchases from one retailer. It was Shell and they had bought a lot of prepaid M/C and VISA cards. This may explain why they are cracking down in the Toronto area.

I hadn't ever heard of this happening before. Just thought I would share. PM me if you want the link.
I worked for BMO before retiring and there were several accounts that were suspended for doing just that. BMO used to (years and years ago) offer an AM for each purchase at a AM retailer. A few people caught on and would purchase items separately to maximize the payout, mostly from Metro. There's small print in all the contracts (AM's accounts and BMO accounts) that cover the fact you are not supposed to play the system. We all do however they have the right to suspend or cancel accounts. Doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Anyone notice theres no longer a child ticket option on AM. You can also only get a 7 day WDW adult ticket for 5400 airmiles. I still needed to get 2 child 5 day tickets. Now its not there anymore. Hope this isnt permanent

Anyone notice theres no longer a child ticket option on AM. You can also only get a 7 day WDW adult ticket for 5400 airmiles. I still needed to get 2 child 5 day tickets. Now its not there anymore. Hope this isnt permanent

I'v been watching for a while for a 5 day adult ticket and there hasn't been one.

Has anyone seen any M&M meat shop gift cards at Shell?
Thanks
hugs Mel
I've looked in three different stations this week and there is nothing grocery related in my area except Shoppers. Funny, while I was standing at the cash in the grocery store on Sunday I thought that I should have gone down the street to the Shell first and got a Visa card.....going to do it this weekend for sure.

Blue Friday out west this week. I was just checking the flyer, and it seems like the deals aren't as good as they usually are. It might just be one order for us this week.

And I found the offers to be better for me this time lol. I might be able to do 2 shops on Friday.

Questions for all the AM whiz's...Now that the BMO AM cc is doing 2x the miles...if I'm reading things correctly, it is 2x the base miles?

Oh, my gosh! This is a weekend Foodland visit for me. Luckily I have a few targeted offers for 32 AM, and 25% off of 1 item. There is ONE offer in the flyer. ONE! (and we don't drink coffee, so a nogo for us!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter