Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Haven't gone through making a list yet, but am hoping bacon and KD are in stock when I go! And Doritos lol. kiddo will be so happy he can get 4 bags! Well I might get one of the flavours he doesn't like for me. I am really hoping I can get 300 or more AM, and 100 of those are from spending $100 so it should be fairly easy? I hope!

Mmm I just imagined making Kraft Dinner and topping it with crumbled bacon and crushed Doritos. Really over the top unhealthy but I want it now!

I have made Kraft Dinner & Bacon topped hot dogs at home btw. Disney World inspired! I think they have these at Casey's Corner.

Well the Blue Friday out west offers kind of suck for me this time. There are a couple things I will pick up...and combine with my loaded offers. It really seems their offers have really gone downhill since they started the Blue Fridays here. Guess I will make my list and see how many I can scoop up this week.

Yeah, totally agree. There are a couple things I'll pick up, but this flyer is making me dream of the earlier bonuses. I remember Aunt Jemima products being on for buy 4 get 100 miles (I think? I remember it costing 12$) and bacon was buy 4 get 100. These offers are pretty sad in comparison. I might still put together a little list for 100$ worth of stuff, but really disappointing offers this time.

I'm finding Safeway just doesn't have value very often for us anymore. The prices are high and produce/fresh products are never great. I'm spending my money elsewhere a lot more.

I love Casey's Corner! Corn Dog nuggets are my favourite bad-for-you treat.

Funny Disney story: last year we stayed club level at a fancy deluxe hotel. Some people were really stuck up and intimidating. That is, until corn dog nuggets were on the menu. It was hilarious to watch these stuck up people pile little appetizer plates high with the treats and wait for the next tray to emerge. So now I like to think of corn dog nuggets as the great equalizer!

Edit: of course, I was trying to respond to you, osully. Baby brain takes over sometimes!

Count us as another "we're not partaking of Blue Friday" there's zero chance that we could come even close to $100 on those offerings and good grief, some of the quantities?? 10 cans of 'maters?!?! 5 bottles of hot sauce?!?

Here's the flyers links not already provided by Mel (who seems to stay up past midnight on Tuesday as well :P )
Early, blurry look at Rexall Ontario , looks like a threshold spend this weekend

Rexall Flyer

Urban Fresh Flyer

Sobey's Atlantic Flyer

Sobey's Western Flyer

Foodland Atlantic Flyer

Whelp, I've made a list, hopefully everything will be in stock. Though I'm not sure what I'll do with 10 cans of tomatoes or 20 boxes of kraft dinner! Or even where to store it all lol. About 415 planned AM, should everything be in stock. I guess I'll have some stuff to send when kiddo needs to contribute to the food drives at school. I am still glad they will have this deal though. Not all the best deals on my grocery list, just stuff we could actually use. Though admittedly I'd normally buy maybe 4 boxes of KD :) Provided the expiry dates are good it will last at least.

Hmmm
I am not sure yet but I am thinking of maybe getting
20 cans of Heinz beans or Pasta OR KD(Kraft dinner),,,$1.00 each.....=$20.00 = 75 airmiles
10 cans of Campbell's soup..$1.49=$14.90=50 airmiles
Frozen Healthy Choice entrees $3.49x 4=$13.96=50 airmiles
Bacon $4.99x 4=19.96=50

Hugs Mel
Total spend $68.82

225 airmiles
+
100 bonus airmiles if I up the spend to $100.00
+
30 Targeted offer if I spend 110.00
--------
355 total airmiles

Last edited:

Hmmm
I am not sure yet but I am thinking of maybe getting
20 cans of Heinz beans or Pasta OR KD(Kraft dinner),,,$1.00 each.....=$20.00 = 75 airmiles
10 cans of Campbell's soup..$1.49=$14.90=50 airmiles
Frozen Healthy Choice entrees $3.49x 4=$13.96=50 airmiles
Bacon $4.99x 4=19.96=50

Hugs Mel

I love how your last two items cancel each other out on the healthy scale (if only it actually worked that way :))

Are these deals sort of once per offer, or can you do more? I eat the healthy choice for lunch all the time, can I do that offer more than once, or just once?

Yes, using Mel's bacon example if you were to purchase 8 packages of bacon you would earn 2x50 or 100AM. Occasionally the store will put a limit on things but if they haven't shop away.

Well, I made a list and will shop at Sobeys. We eat these and the prices aren't bad for bacon, beans, raisin bread, kellogg's cereal, aylmer canned tomatoes (I use these to make spaghetti sauce and always try to keep a dozen cans on hand) and a couple of speciality stonemill breads. I can use more sandwich ziploc bags and I am debating on the Purex. It's the only brand we purchase and if I'm going to get air miles on it... Those would come to $99.39 I believe. I'll throw something small in to get the 100 for spending $100 which will give me 370 miles (265 miles plus 100 for spending $100 and 5 base miles = 370 miles).

The kids keep asking for the "cake in a mug" and I keep saying no. Maybe I'll get one each of those as well as a treat. 4 bags of Doritos are not something I normally purchase (in that quantity!) but I might get those and hide them away. When we make tacos, everyone likes to crunch up Doritos to include in their taco.

I had to chat Air Miles this evening to chase down my 3 bonus miles (x 13 fill-ups) for 25L+ of gas. Only once out of 14 fill-ups did I receive the bonus miles. Plus 1 missing gas base mile.

I'm happy to report I received them. 40 air miles total.

Now tomorrow I will have to do the same for the fill-ups on my husband's card.

This would be a great option--I am thinking for Valentine's day maybe. Thanks for the idea.
Hugs Mel
Valentine’s Day is a good one. Depending on who your customers will be can change things. If it’s child based then cookies, cupcakes and candy kabobs do well. If it’s more adult based you can do banana breads or pies....whole things that will go home. See if you can get some takeout containers donated, maybe the grocery store, people will buy more if they can load a container.

BTW, how many of those Santa kisses do you think you need? I might be in the US this weekend...not sure though.

It looks like they only counted the "Reward miles" towards your offer. I think the offer was 3 sponsors get 30AM. The terms and conditions never mentioned anything about Reward miles or Bonus miles it just said miles. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.
I did a chat and that it what they told me. I did get the additional miles but was told I should only get the 30

Valentine’s Day is a good one. Depending on who your customers will be can change things. If it’s child based then cookies, cupcakes and candy kabobs do well. If it’s more adult based you can do banana breads or pies....whole things that will go home. See if you can get some takeout containers donated, maybe the grocery store, people will buy more if they can load a container.

BTW, how many of those Santa kisses do you think you need? I might be in the US this weekend...not sure though.

Hi Hon
The Valentines fundraiser would be kid based and your ideas are great! Thanks.

I would need to make 32 mini glass jars full of them.....probably 6 bags,,if you do go and are able to get them,, I can perhaps meet up with you
as I don't think we live that far from each other ?
Here is a picture of what I was thinking
I am thinking maybe 5 jars per bag???
My jars are a bit smaller than the ones in the picture,,kind of baby food jar size.
Thanks for offering and no stress/problem if you don't go or can't get them.
My back up plan is to use green/red ones and do Elf kisses.
Hugs
Mel

Hershey-Kiss-Santa-Hat-Jars-by-Blooming-Homestead.jpg

Darn, I was hoping for another good granola bar bonus. Ever since I became a Beaver Leader, I go through lots every event!

Not sure if I can find $100 of stuff...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter