Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hershey-Kiss-Santa-Hat-Jars-by-Blooming-Homestead.jpg

OMG, these are so ca-ute!

Sobeys Ontario Blue Friday question:

Do the threshold My Offers, say 30am wus $110 work with the 100am wus $100 weekend Autumn Hub/flyer coupon?? Just wondering if anyone knows from the last few weeks or in the past? I believe they do but honestly can't recall for sure.

My current plan is to aim for $110 depending on product varieties included which will hopefully earn 445am.

StoneMill, Uncle Ben's and Classico I buy anyway. Campbell's soup if it includes the low fat versions that don't usually get discounted, Aylmer/Heinz likely 1 promo worth, Coke minis I don't need but I'm sure they will be gone over Christmas. KD isn't on the list but if it includes the specialty ones I may get one batch.

I'm sure my husband will be glad to see more "stock" in the house :P, I think the last time he was in a grocery store was the pickle promo last year.

Question on airmiles shops if anyone knows. I'm about to try to buy some concert tickets in an hour - I've loaded ticketmaster via airmiles shops, but usually when tickets are first going on sale I'm reloading the page to get the start of the on sale - will I lose my airmiles shop connection by reloading the page?

Never mind on my ticketmaster question. Read the fine print for that shop, you don't get points for pre-sale/newly on-sale tickets anyway.

Is $2.99 a good price
Vancouver Islanders: Thrifty Foods is participating in Blue Friday! I think this might be the first time ever? The AM from Thrifty’s these last few months have been dismal so things are looking up!

Makes me start to think if Farm Boy will go Air Miles here in Ontario

I had to chat Air Miles this evening to chase down my 3 bonus miles (x 13 fill-ups) for 25L+ of gas. Only once out of 14 fill-ups did I receive the bonus miles. Plus 1 missing gas base mile.

I'm happy to report I received them. 40 air miles total.

Now tomorrow I will have to do the same for the fill-ups on my husband's card.

Chatted with Ubah this afternoon and received 46 missing miles on my husband's card.

I must say, Shell has been posting my miles very quickly. We've been doing the 3x miles on 25+L and getting the 10 bonus miles miles.

I had an e-mail offer for 10 bonus miles on every fill-up 25+L between Sept 4 - Oct 1. None of the bonus 10 show on my receipts nor posted fast. I did finally get 5x10 mid-way through September. I'm still waiting for the others to post.

You all are NOT going to believe this!

18 Oct 18
AM_Button_75.jpg
BACK-TO-SCHOOL +1,000

I just had a conversation with AM's about my missing 3 shops and he gave me the B2S shop miles now.

That's awesome!

Hi Hon
The Valentines fundraiser would be kid based and your ideas are great! Thanks.

I would need to make 32 mini glass jars full of them.....probably 6 bags,,if you do go and are able to get them,, I can perhaps meet up with you
as I don't think we live that far from each other ?
Here is a picture of what I was thinking
I am thinking maybe 5 jars per bag???
My jars are a bit smaller than the ones in the picture,,kind of baby food jar size.
Thanks for offering and no stress/problem if you don't go or can't get them.
My back up plan is to use green/red ones and do Elf kisses.
Hugs
Mel

Hershey-Kiss-Santa-Hat-Jars-by-Blooming-Homestead.jpg
If you end up doing a bake sale get in touch with me if you need any more suggestions.

Those little jars are sooooo cute:love: I would even do those with the silver wrapped kisses. No matter what you put in the jar it's going to look great. Yes, I think we are close to each other...I'm Oakville. I'm currently texting with DH to decide on weekend plans....not sure if we are going north to visit friends or heading south to the US.

If you end up doing a bake sale get in touch with me if you need any more suggestions.

Those little jars are sooooo cute:love: I would even do those with the silver wrapped kisses. No matter what you put in the jar it's going to look great. Yes, I think we are close to each other...I'm Oakville. I'm currently texting with DH to decide on weekend plans....not sure if we are going north to visit friends or heading south to the US.

Hi Hon
I talked it over with a teacher friend and in keeping with the theme "Winter Holidays" and not "Christmas",,schools seems to be doing this,,so I am going to do some warm winter hugs and kisses using the silver ones,,,or "Grinch ones with green candy.:santa:
Thanks for the offer though.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
OT - has anyone seen the Mrs Hinch craze? This lady from the UK who has gained a million followers in the past few months for... posting videos of herself CLEANING. Lol I can’t stop laughing that this is a trend. But it is a nice wholesome trend haha.

It looks like AM has switched to the Canadian DL tix...I swear yesterday it was the normal tix. A bit of a bummer, but also great to see a drop in miles.

Oh such great news, I'm hoping for Disney World Canadian ones for next year.

Might you happen to know how much the DL ones came down?

Spreadsheet prepared. Airmiles and Cash spent totaled. All set for Blue Friday tomorrow. I am going to shop at both Sobeys and Foodland so the spreadsheet was necessary to keep everything straight and maximize my shop. Want to spend just over $100 at each store to get the extra 100AM. I hope to get 860AM with a just over $200 spend (if all goes as I hope).

Happy hunting everyone! :squirrel: :tiptoe:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter