Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I got an Onyx offer... earn 60 AM at any airmiles partner Nov 2 - 4, get an extra 30 AM. I don't think I'll be doing it. I checked the flyers and I really don't think I want to spend $100 at Metro or Sobeys this weekend so I may get one or two AM. Oh well! Hopefully others who can do it get a similar offer.

I got the same one. I think I should be able to get it done at Thrifty Foods.

Question for those that did the onyx bonus last time (we were in Florida in August so missed it):

I assume Sobeys, because they cut off on Saturday night that you'd need to shop by Saturday? Sunday they would post a week too late? Correct??

Also, it's the sum of all airmiles earned Nov 2 to Nov 4??? Correct??
Terms and Conditions says partners "Any Mile collected in connection with eligible purchases made at participating AIR MILES Partners" however email say partner " at any AIR MILES Partner"

My Onyx offer is collect 70, get 35. Can't see it, unless a good bonus offer pops up for this weekend.

Also, it's the sum of all airmiles earned Nov 2 to Nov 4??? Correct??
Terms and Conditions says partners "Any Mile collected in connection with eligible purchases made at participating AIR MILES Partners" however email say partner " at any AIR MILES Partner"

I noticed that too, but the Terms and Conditions are pretty clear that it is cumulative across partners, with the exception of credit card rewards. I would go with the T&C.

@Donald - my hero, I remember awhile ago you posted about the extensive items included in the Beauty category at Rexall. I'm wondering if you can elaborate again (or know where the post is lol), unfortunately I've been trying to do a search for it on this thread all day and I just get error messages.

Would you know if shampoo etc. is included? They don't mention anything about hair in the ad. I asked at one store today and they were clueless (no help at all), another store said yes, definitely but I didn't know them so I'm not sure she has it correct. I think you might have mentioned first aid??? How about deodorant? The ad implies these are all excluded imho.

Any help would be great ... or from anyone else of course!

I asked on air miles fb page about flights, etc. The only thing being booked on redtag is the packages and cruises. This must be their big plan of us being able to do it ourselves?

@Donald - my hero, I remember awhile ago you posted about the extensive items included in the Beauty category at Rexall. I'm wondering if you can elaborate again (or know where the post is lol), unfortunately I've been trying to do a search for it on this thread all day and I just get error messages.

Would you know if shampoo etc. is included? They don't mention anything about hair in the ad. I asked at one store today and they were clueless (no help at all), another store said yes, definitely but I didn't know them so I'm not sure she has it correct. I think you might have mentioned first aid??? How about deodorant? The ad implies these are all excluded imho.

Any help would be great ... or from anyone else of course!
I'm just heading to bed so this is a short answer -- i'll dig deeper tomorrow! A quick glance tells me you're asking about Sunday's beauty event to spend $50 get 100AM? This is different from when they have what they call "Head-to-Toe" which DOES include most of the things you mentioned. The beauty events are usually just cosmetics, skin cleaners and stuff like that, perfumes, the high end bath products (you know, all the stuff we don't use in this house :P ) ALL of the products on the first page of the flyer will fall under that category allowing you to stack the miles.

I'm just heading to bed so this is a short answer -- i'll dig deeper tomorrow! A quick glance tells me you're asking about Sunday's beauty event to spend $50 get 100AM? This is different from when they have what they call "Head-to-Toe" which DOES include most of the things you mentioned. The beauty events are usually just cosmetics, skin cleaners and stuff like that, perfumes, the high end bath products (you know, all the stuff we don't use in this house :P ) ALL of the products on the first page of the flyer will fall under that category allowing you to stack the miles.

Ahhhh, you are correct, I'm thinking of your head-to-toe post @Donald - my hero. Don't bother then, yes I'm working on a Sunday shop and you are correct I'm mixed up, I appreciate your responding, the search will be working eventually and I'll search back your posts re: head-to-toe. Much thanks ... sweet dreams!!

We had about 20 kids! First year in a non condo and a different neighbourhood. Not many kids here but one adorable little girl who asked if her treats were peanut free. We started looking and then her mom said “I don’t know why she is asking! She’s not even allergic!” So cute!

PS fine print on the Sobeys 20x means you just get 20x base miles. So yeah it’s spend $100 Get 100AM basically. I’ll take it. As I did Superstore last week and got 0 AM. Lol

Is the Sobey’s 20X offer in the flyer? The West flyer has it only valid November 6 for customer appreciation day. :(

My Onyx offer is earn 80 get 40 AM. With the sobey’s only valid Nov 6, it won’t help with this offer. :(

I assume Sobeys, because they cut off on Saturday night that you'd need to shop by Saturday? Sunday they would post a week too late? Correct??

My husband's Oynx offer is earn 40 miles get 20 bonus miles Nov 2-4th. At the moment I plan on using his card at Sobey's today. But even if I used it on the 4th instead I don't believe it matters if it posts a week late. There's 90 days before receiving the bonus miles so that gives Air Miles plenty of time to see the 40 miles posted. I believe the only issue that would occur is if Sobey's posted the shop as say Nov 5th instead of Nov 4th by the time they posted it. If that happened I'd be on chat with Air Miles with a photo of my receipt to show the shop was really on Nov 4th. It would probably take waiting 90 days but I'm sure Air Miles would fix it when proof of purchase date/receipt.

For the first time every I got the Onyx offer, 80/40. Seems a little odd that I never get this stuff because I've been Onyx since it started. Whatever, not likely that I will get this one done anyway. I grocery shopped last night and that's it shopping wise for this weekend.

On the travel cert front....I've only got $300 but my plan was to get a few here and there to get a little discount on our next all inclusive. I was never planning to book something big with them. I'm wondering if I should order 2 or 3 more right now so that I have a decent sized discount when I do finally book something next year. I think I'm more disappointed at not being able to continue to use Marlin Travel. It's 5 minutes away from home and the agents are really great there. All inclusive packages are the only thing I use an agent for....all other travel I handle myself.

Shop the Block update. Just read more on RFD looks like it may be 7 Partners not 7 coupons. Could make things a bit more challenging but still doable. (Sobeys, Market Fresh, Foodland, Metro, IGA, Staples, LCBO, RONA, Lowes and Rexall to name a few off the top of my head)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter