Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Marché Traditions, IGA Express, Jean Coutu, Rachelle-Béry and Nickels if you’re not too far from QC

So when STB has been partners rather than offiers, is it special offers at 7 partners, or just any airmiles at those partners? I guess we have to wait and see....I think I can do 7 - Metro, Sobeys, Shell, LCBO, Rexall, maybe the children's place, and figure out if I have a foodland around....I wonder if the travel hub or airmilesshops will count as well?

So when STB has been partners rather than offiers, is it special offers at 7 partners, or just any airmiles at those partners? I guess we have to wait and see....I think I can do 7 - Metro, Sobeys, Shell, LCBO, Rexall, maybe the children's place, and figure out if I have a foodland around....I wonder if the travel hub or airmilesshops will count as well?

I'm pretty sure there was an offer for airmilesshops in the offer last year.

If STB is 7 partners, I find that much harder to do here in NS. If they include the credit cards as they have previously, I'm thankful to have both my Amex and M/C set to the same primary card, so that can be 2 of 7 done pretty easily. My options for the remaining 5 are usually slim: Sobeys and Lawtons I can shop without spending money just to get AM, but others are harder. NSLC is tough even (we don't use much!), I buy gas at a special station for a discount, so no Shell or Irving, and we haven't even gone through 2 of the 4 ink I bought at Staples last offer period! Ha ha. Oh well, maybe someone will end up getting office supplies for Christmas!! =)

For the Onyx offer I received earn 80, get 40. And frankly, other than big bonus offers, earning 80 miles in 3 days is nearly impossible. However, I noticed you had to click to activate the offer... Not sure if that was the same as last time, because I didn't see the email until too late so I just deleted it without reading. But if you're at least going to try, make sure to click to activate it!

DH got the earn 60 get 30AM ONYX offer. I didn't get one at all:sad:. I'm all done with shopping for the week anyway. $3 in a bonus is no big loss.

My thinking too. My offer is 80/40. I’m sure I could scrape together a Rexall order, but at the end of the day, an extra 40 miles isn’t worth stressing. Every mile counts, but some are sooooo much easier to earn.

As for StB, the 7 partners thing sounds right to me. Like others, I always make sure to register my credit cards (there’s usually an offer where your card counts as one partner so long as you use it a certain number of times). Out west, we have the grocery stores (safeway and sobeys), their liquor stores, rexall, shell, and global pet foods (if you don’t have pets...christmas presents for people who do! or donations to local shelters). airmilesshops was included last year too—my fuzzy memory says it might have required shopping at 3 different online stores?

my fingers are crossed for a similar list of stores this year, because it worked well for me and my christmas shopping.

If STB is 7 partners, I find that much harder to do here in NS. If they include the credit cards as they have previously, I'm thankful to have both my Amex and M/C set to the same primary card, so that can be 2 of 7 done pretty easily. My options for the remaining 5 are usually slim: Sobeys and Lawtons I can shop without spending money just to get AM, but others are harder. NSLC is tough even (we don't use much!), I buy gas at a special station for a discount, so no Shell or Irving, and we haven't even gone through 2 of the 4 ink I bought at Staples last offer period! Ha ha. Oh well, maybe someone will end up getting office supplies for Christmas!! =)

Yup, NS doesn't have any many "good" partners. NSLC is the worst! Worse than staples! lol

BMO, Shell, Irving, Sobeys, Lawtons, Pharmasave, Air Miles Shops, and I think Children's Place typically has an offer, are my go-to's.

Ugh. Doesn't appear to be a foodland in Ottawa. Staples might be good for some Christmas stuff.

Depending on where you are in the city there is a Foodland in Greely and Osgoode. Both are a bit of a drive but on a nice day I enjoy the drive in the country (see something new). There is a reason we call it the Airmiles Hunt. It can be a bit of a commitment if you want to be serious about it.

Yeah I was looking at Greely. I was hoping there was one in Arnprior, but not there either - that's actually closer for me - I'm out in Dunrobin!

My husband's Oynx offer is earn 40 miles get 20 bonus miles Nov 2-4th. At the moment I plan on using his card at Sobey's today. But even if I used it on the 4th instead I don't believe it matters if it posts a week late. There's 90 days before receiving the bonus miles so that gives Air Miles plenty of time to see the 40 miles posted. I believe the only issue that would occur is if Sobey's posted the shop as say Nov 5th instead of Nov 4th by the time they posted it. If that happened I'd be on chat with Air Miles with a photo of my receipt to show the shop was really on Nov 4th. It would probably take waiting 90 days but I'm sure Air Miles would fix it when proof of purchase date/receipt.

I agree, I'm sure it will work itself out, I'll shop by Saturday to be safe. Still trying to figure out how to get to these spend levels, so few airmiles deals this week except the Sobeys and Metro 100am/$100.

Shop the Block update. Just read more on RFD looks like it may be 7 Partners not 7 coupons. Could make things a bit more challenging but still doable. (Sobeys, Market Fresh, Foodland, Metro, IGA, Staples, LCBO, RONA, Lowes and Rexall to name a few off the top of my head)

Ugh and double ugh if this is true! Out here on Vancouver Island we are starved for places to earn AM. I had to depend on the kindness of Ontario and Quebec people here to help me get the big bonus.

My ONYX offer is collect 100 miles get 50 bonus miles. Will the Sobeys spend 100 get 20x points count as earned miles?

My thoughts on the ONYX & Gold offer some of you have:
  • you need to activate the offer thru the link but doesn't matter when you do that, it's the transaction date that counts
  • it's not clear in the information if it's bonus miles or base miles you need to earn so no idea of cash outlay!
  • one more example of Airmiles not being consistent in their offers with wildly different thresholds AND some of us NOT getting the offer at all (neither card here)
  • I STILL haven't received miles from last offer and we went out of our way to hit up the required stores -- HATE chasing miles

Ugh. Doesn't appear to be a foodland in Ottawa. Staples might be good for some Christmas stuff.

Driving to Gatineau might be an option... Last year I did both QC and ON offers and they all counted.

There is one in Vankleek Hill, I have been to this store.

Foodland Vankleek Hill
5666 Highway 34
Vankleek Hill, ON. K0B 1R0
Tel: 613-678-6278

That’s the Foodland I go to! I like it and it’s open 24h a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter