Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I just spoke with the grocery manager at our local Sobey's (closest to our office, and we're in almost every day). He said that there's going to be a correction in the paper - the Barilla should be 2 for $5, not $4. He also said that the warehouse here (Calgary) is already warning the stores that they won't have enough and will be back ordering. I explained that I wanted to buy it for the food bank, and asked him to try to get 12 cases (72pkg) for me for Friday. He ordered it when I was there, and will call and let me know what shows up.

By the way, which location is that Sobey's? I wonder if he's mistaken. The ad clearly says $2 each. Not 2 for $4. Besides, I know I saw another pasta (larger boxes) marked 2/$5. I'm not sure if that was the Sobey's flyer or another... I'll have to look. I'm curious now.

Ah no, I was looking at the ItalPasta, which is 4/$5.

Last edited:

By the way, which location is that Sobey's? I wonder if he's mistaken. The ad clearly says $2 each. Not 2 for $4. Besides, I know I saw another pasta (larger boxes) marked 2/$5. I'm not sure if that was the Sobey's flyer or another... I'll have to look. I'm curious now.
I think what the manager meant is that there will be a sign on the door with a correction notice. This is common place for there to be a "misprint" and the store only needs to post a sign to alert you that they won't be honouring the printed price.

**ETA the sign has to come from the head office of the store, unless it's a one-store type of small business, individual stores can't decide on their own to follow the flyer or not!

Does the price adjustment of $1 mess up the value of the AM? I just did the math for the unit price, and it sure doesn't look like a good value to me when I can buy nearly 1kg of pasta for $1 at regular price...

Does the price adjustment of $1 mess up the value of the AM? I just did the math for the unit price, and it sure doesn't look like a good value to me when I can buy nearly 1kg of pasta for $1 at regular price...
It does change it a bit, but then its at a break even point. So for me and the food bank, I am all good with that. Yes you can get pasta cheaper, but these are the type that can be popped into the microwave and heat. Sort of like the rice packs that are out there. So my oldest can make something quick before her skating, instead of cookies or instant noodles.

It does change it a bit, but then its at a break even point. So for me and the food bank, I am all good with that. Yes you can get pasta cheaper, but these are the type that can be popped into the microwave and heat. Sort of like the rice packs that are out there. So my oldest can make something quick before her skating, instead of cookies or instant noodles.

And soooo much healthier for your kiddlette too!! Did you ever read the sodium content of those noodles ?!? If i was sure that I could hit up "our" Sobey's in time for there to still be some on the shelf I'd be grabbing a TON of it for myself. When my tummy decides that it hates me I basically live on plain pasta and taters and this would be so much easier, heat, add some butter and eat it while i pout. I wouldn't really care much about the price at that point, in fact, I'll be looking for it in the store. I already have a stash of their Pronto Pasta that is not 1/2 bad and like i said, I had some of this in a sample pack and it was just fine.

**ETA, i'm not looking forward to this Friday because i have missed EVERY.SINGLE.BLUE.FRIDAY due to a gastritis attack :scared1:

And soooo much healthier for your kiddlette too!! Did you ever read the sodium content of those noodles ?!? If i was sure that I could hit up "our" Sobey's in time for there to still be some on the shelf I'd be grabbing a TON of it for myself. When my tummy decides that it hates me I basically live on plain pasta and taters and this would be so much easier, heat, add some butter and eat it while i pout. I wouldn't really care much about the price at that point, in fact, I'll be looking for it in the store. I already have a stash of their Pronto Pasta that is not 1/2 bad and like i said, I had some of this in a sample pack and it was just fine.
call your closest store and ask to have some set aside

Ah no, I was looking at the ItalPasta, which is 4/$5.

It's the Sobey's in McKenzie Towne, south east Calgary. I'm hoping he's wrong, not so much about the price, but about being shorted. Sobey's head office should know that the pasta is going to be a killer deal and collectors like us know it. It almost feels misleading...

I know the Whitehorn Safeway in Calgary tends to stock up on the AM products... so I hope that helps anyone who is shopping on Friday :)

The Safeway on 130th Ave SE usually has pretty good stock too. My daughter and I will go there Friday morning for our ‘main’ shop, and then I’ll go to Sobey’s at lunch.

I'm leaving work early on Friday for an assembly at my kid's school, he's winning an award for "hope". Not sure what that means but any way! I'll leave at noon and do Sobeys then. Hopefully there will be some pasta! and the other things I want to pick up. The assembly isn't until 2:30 so lots of time :) hey, any excuse to leave work early right? And earn some airmiles!!

I'm home..................the weary sick traveller is soooooooooo happy to be home.

Long story short...picked up a nasty chest/head cold,,(is it just me that thinks it's nasty to tell your kid to wipe his/her nose on their shirt) GROSS.............my first night after an all out shopping adventure the popliteal cyst in my leg ruptured at 3 am,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,after the pain subsided the leg felt better,,,but I'd compare it to labour pain..............no Parks for me this trip,,cancelled them and special ADRs and just rested.

AKV room was a disgusting mess,,,Yucky.............. lots of apologies and my studio room given an extra GOOD cleaning.
They offered resort credit but I declined their offer.
I think they (hotel management) felt so bad that they sent me a chocolate giraffe and chocolate dipped strawberries.

Now onto airmiles,,,Hmmm that pasta offer is looking good and I know I need some Lysol cleaner,,the Prime chicken is a good one for me also.
Nice to be home
Hugs
Mel

**ETA, i'm not looking forward to this Friday because i have missed EVERY.SINGLE.BLUE.FRIDAY due to a gastritis attack :scared1:

Ohh, I hope you are all right this Friday! Wishing you well.

It's the Sobey's in McKenzie Towne, south east Calgary. I'm hoping he's wrong, not so much about the price, but about being shorted. Sobey's head office should know that the pasta is going to be a killer deal and collectors like us know it. It almost feels misleading...

Ah ok, thanks. I'm in Ontario so it's definitely not local. :) Yes, I know what you mean. I hope the stores ordered enough.

I'm home..................the weary sick traveller is soooooooooo happy to be home.

Long story short...picked up a nasty chest/head cold,,(is it just me that thinks it's nasty to tell your kid to wipe his/her nose on their shirt) GROSS.............my first night after an all out shopping adventure the popliteal cyst in my leg ruptured at 3 am,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,after the pain subsided the leg felt better,,,but I'd compare it to labour pain..............no Parks for me this trip,,cancelled them and special ADRs and just rested.

AKV room was a disgusting mess,,,Yucky.............. lots of apologies and my studio room given an extra GOOD cleaning.
They offered resort credit but I declined their offer.
I think they (hotel management) felt so bad that they sent me a chocolate giraffe and chocolate dipped strawberries.

Now onto airmiles,,,Hmmm that pasta offer is looking good and I know I need some Lysol cleaner,,the Prime chicken is a good one for me also.
Nice to be home
Hugs
Mel

I'm sorry your trip wasn't better. How disappointing.

Welcome home Mel...not the same ring as there but...
Tough about the room. But every once in a while it happens then they go above to try and make it right...sucks getting a cold on vac..but hey where better then being able to chill and watch the animals

Hi Mort
Yep
My Pink Flamingos friends and The Uzima Pool Bar hot Toddy(s) kept me doing just fine.
If I had to get sick I can't think of a better place,,thanks for the welcome home.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter