Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I got my three piece luggage set from airmiles today--whoooo very nice,,love them.
Very well wrapped and the middle size one has a weight indicator.
Delivered by UPS.
images

Just mentioning this ---just a gut feeling not something that airmiles has said or done but thought I'd mention it.
I am leery of certain promotions disappearing.....I ordered 4 of the 4 PKgs of movie theater tickets for my guys for Xmas this year and they loved them,,I like that they don't expire.
So last night I ordered another 4 pkgs for next Christmas,,,just incase..Maybe I'm just being weird or over cautious.

Hugs
Mel[/QUOTE]

We were looking at this, and its still on the site with Onyx getting them for 1140am. Since you have them now, do you think they are ok quality? Worth the $100. Also how long did it take to get? Wife is heading to Columbia Mid March. If we order this weekend wondering if we will have in time.
Thanks |Mel.

Once again, off topic, sorry all. Just back from another 20X shop at Shoppers Drug Mart. Almost all of my items were from the grocery category with the exception of one burts bees lip balm. Nothing was anymore than I would have paid at Wallmart, I will not spend just to get points. $51.42 after taxes and I received 18600 ($18.60) in Optimum points. I like the fact our Shoppers has more groceries than our Rexall so its easier to meet the $50 spend target. So much easier. The only thing I have to figure out still is if it makes more sense to use my AM mastercard or my PC mastercard at Shoppers and Loblaws. I may be able to sort it out once I get my first PC statement but if anyone has any insight I would appreciate feed back.

Last edited:
Once again, off topic, sorry all. Just back from another 20X shop at Shoppers Drug Mart. Almost all of my items were from the grocery category with the exception of one burts bees lip balm. Nothing was anymore than I would have paid at Wallmart, I will not spend just to get points. $51.42 after taxes and I received 18600 ($18.60) in Optimum points. I like the fact our Shoppers has more groceries than our Rexall so its easier to meet the $50 spend target. So much easier. The only thing I have to figure out still is if it makes more sense to use my AM mastercard or my PC mastercard at Shoppers and Loblaws. I may be able to sort it out once I get my first PC statement but if anyone has any insight I would appreciate feed back.
Your pc mastercard is the better bet. If its the black you will get an additional 4% back in points. not sure about the others, but its on their website.

i’ll be doing a shoppers trip today too, i think. our location also has decent groceries, including fresh foods (bread from a local bakery, produce, eggs, cheese...), frozen, and a decent selection of shelved stuff. 50$ isn’t hard to hit and 20x is definitely the best reward option this weekend.

i’m going to look at gift cards while i’m there and redeem some points if i can!

I got my three piece luggage set from airmiles today--whoooo very nice,,love them.
Very well wrapped and the middle size one has a weight indicator.
Delivered by UPS.
images

Just mentioning this ---just a gut feeling not something that airmiles has said or done but thought I'd mention it.
I am leery of certain promotions disappearing.....I ordered 4 of the 4 PKgs of movie theater tickets for my guys for Xmas this year and they loved them,,I like that they don't expire.
So last night I ordered another 4 pkgs for next Christmas,,,just incase..Maybe I'm just being weird or over cautious.

Hugs
Me

We were looking at this, and its still on the site with Onyx getting them for 1140am. Since you have them now, do you think they are ok quality? Worth the $100. Also how long did it take to get? Wife is heading to Columbia Mid March. If we order this weekend wondering if we will have in time.
Thanks |Mel.

Hi Mort
I ordered them Feb 9th and they were delivered Yesterday Feb 22.
I am willing to give the largest one away for free if you are interested.(still in the box wrapped).
  • Dimensions (HxLxW): 29" Exp. Spinner Trolley - 29.5 x 19.5 x 12 (+2)'' - 9.9 lbs
Yes I think the quality is good.
Hugs
Mel

Hi Mort
I ordered them Feb 9th and they were delivered Yesterday Feb 22.
I am willing to give the largest one away for free if you are interested.(still in the box wrapped).
  • Dimensions (HxLxW): 29" Exp. Spinner Trolley - 29.5 x 19.5 x 12 (+2)'' - 9.9 lbs
Yes I think the quality is good.
Hugs
Mel
Thanks for the offer, and the information. I can spare the $100 for a half decent set. Donate it to a charity auction or something similar.

i’ll be doing a shoppers trip today too, i think. our location also has decent groceries, including fresh foods (bread from a local bakery, produce, eggs, cheese...), frozen, and a decent selection of shelved stuff. 50$ isn’t hard to hit and 20x is definitely the best reward option this weekend.

i’m going to look at gift cards while i’m there and redeem some points if i can!

our saturday morning tradition is pillsbury cinnamon buns with coffee. this morning, the container didn’t do that pop—somehow the dough wasn’t sealed and instead of fluffy buns there were hard, small rolls inside. so...my shoppers trip happened earlier in the day than planned. i didn’t look at gift cards (i wanted to get home for breakfast!) but i left with almost everything i needed. 53$ spend, earned 19500 points.

Thanks for the offer, and the information. I can spare the $100 for a half decent set. Donate it to a charity auction or something similar.

Ok
No problem,,I'll just put it in the storage room....I'm sure my sons will get some use out of it but for me being 4 foot 11 it's just too tall for me to lug around.
Regards
Mel

Last edited:
On the topic of carry on luggage, I discovered this bag from Genius Pack last year. It's magical quite frankly, so many space saving and organizational features, and it has a laundry chute for your dirty clothes that compresses them on the way home to save a ton of space. I bought it from TSC so it shipped from Canada, and I have the G3 version, but it allows me to travel to Disney for 7 nights with only carry on, and space to spare for souvenirs. https://www.geniuspack.com/products/g4-carry-on-spinner

I also got a new "personal bag" to store under the seat on the plane which works much better for me than the back pack I had been using, the Lug Puddle Jumper. The size is about the same as the backpack but the shape and location of the pockets is so much better with this bag, and it includes a shoe pocket, which is vented with mesh and separated from the inside of the bag to keep the dirty shoe smell away from everything else. I bought it from my hospital gift shop but you can get it from lots of places including amazon.ca. https://www.luglife.ca/products/puddle-jumper

I'm so happy with both of these bags! They are way more expensive than I have ever bought before but I have needed to replace bags after only a few trips due to them not standing up to the abuse of being checked. These bags should be with me for a long time!

On the topic of carry on luggage, I discovered this bag from Genius Pack last year. It's magical quite frankly, so many space saving and organizational features, and it has a laundry chute for your dirty clothes that compresses them on the way home to save a ton of space. I bought it from TSC so it shipped from Canada, and I have the G3 version, but it allows me to travel to Disney for 7 nights with only carry on, and space to spare for souvenirs. https://www.geniuspack.com/products/g4-carry-on-spinner

I also got a new "personal bag" to store under the seat on the plane which works much better for me than the back pack I had been using, the Lug Puddle Jumper. The size is about the same as the backpack but the shape and location of the pockets is so much better with this bag, and it includes a shoe pocket, which is vented with mesh and separated from the inside of the bag to keep the dirty shoe smell away from everything else. I bought it from my hospital gift shop but you can get it from lots of places including amazon.ca. https://www.luglife.ca/products/puddle-jumper

I'm so happy with both of these bags! They are way more expensive than I have ever bought before but I have needed to replace bags after only a few trips due to them not standing up to the abuse of being checked. These bags should be with me for a long time!
I have the Lug Sprinter, which I bought through CAA last year. I used it for Disney in December, and on a cruise last month. Love the size and the many, many pockets-especially the RFID one!

I love the underseater I got through Airmiles, though I haven't used it for a trip yet (just an over night stay at my parent's) it is so cute and purple! And has lots of places to stash things. I can't wait to take it to Disney in August! It will hold some shoes, a change of clothes, swimsuits for the two of us, and has pockets for all our documents and stuff. Kiddo gets a back pack since I usually have to manage them both.

Earned some airmiles today at Metro (spent more than I had planned), Sobeys (saw Disney giftcards! and what is with the self checkouts there now? I guess I haven't shopped there in ages), and Shell. Not a lot but I think I'll get another 50 for the Sobeys "miss you" points too. Just need 100 or so more to get the one way flights I'm wanting. I decided against Rexall, just didn't seem like the best deal. Hoping for something next week! We'll see I guess.

I shopped two Fridays in a row and they went up on the Tues/Wed in between. I haven't used them yet. I guess I should. I know some on here love them because you can move at your own pace and make sure the AM are posting as you go. I don't know if I can use a GC on them? That may be holding me back.

I don't like to use them. I did use the ones at Walmart a couple weeks ago, partly because I had a couple gift cards with like $2 or less left on them, so I used all of those up. You could pay with gift cards there. Not sure about Sobeys though! I don't think I would use it if I had more than a few items.

Sobey's self checkouts went into our stores in the fall. You can use gift cards, however I avoid one machine as it specifically couldn't handle them (they don't know what's wrong and for all I know they fixed it), the rest work great.

Today I discovered that I have been over packing for years,,,I did a dry run with the carry-on and am pleasantly surprised how much stuff I got in there.
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
Hugs
Mel

It's very liberating to not have to take a checked piece of luggage. You still have the option to do so but now you have an alternative as well. Congratulations for getting it all in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter