Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just received Rexall email for Thursday, Beauty day April 11, 100am when you spend $50 advertised. I missed this in the flyer this week. It now makes sense to me that the Monday-Wednesday email coupon was only to Wednesday and there isn't a Thursday coupon.

Friday to Sunday in next weekend's flyer is 100am wus $50, I may shop this one.
From Smartcanucks:
https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/430548-rexall-pharmaplus-gta-april-12-18-a-canada/

Debating whether to go to Rexall today and use my LnG spend $25 get 50AM. I don't really need/want $50 of stuff there right now. I guess I could wait for the weekend flyer? I could get some eggs, cheese, stuff like that... hmm.

I had a nightmare last night, I used my AM to get a Disney ticket and then gave it away to someone accidently! Woke up and had to check me balance... it was exactly as it should be (which isn't even close to getting a ticket ha ha).

Interesting thing in the Metro flyer though ... use 95 cash miles for $10 and get 50 AM AND the Mega Miles coupon says get 25 AM when you use cash miles .. think this means we'll get 75!?!?!?!?! There is a PLU code to be entered on the coupon (MAKE sure the cashier uses the code for it to count towards MM !) so it's different than the flyer offer (i think :confused3)

Here's another way to maximize the two offers (sort of). Use the Mega Miles Pizza coupon. The pizza is on sale again this week for $9.99. Pay for the pizza after purchasing a grocery bag using the 95AM cash offer from the flyer. You will get 25AM for the pizza and 50AM from the redeeming Cash AM offer. Dinner +75AM not a bad deal if you like pizza.

I had a good day for airmiles yesterday:

Rexall, 143am (60+80+3), spent $55
Shell, 16am (1+5+10), spent $30
Metro, 30am, spent $10
Sobeys, 96am, spent $61 (bought groceries)

Total 285am. A week and a half ago when airmiles posted their new flex Disney tickets I was short about 900 airmiles and our trip is the end of April. I thought without a really good Blue Friday there is no way I'm going to make it. Well Foodland giftcard promo is going to save me, I don't need more at the moment, but at least it's not wasteful money spent.

Done airmiles shopping until Friday, I'll be doing the Metro promos and Foodland giftcards and maybe Rexall.

Just received Rexall email for Thursday, Beauty day April 11, 100am when you spend $50 advertised. I missed this in the flyer this week. It now makes sense to me that the Monday-Wednesday email coupon was only to Wednesday and there isn't a Thursday coupon.

Friday to Sunday in next weekend's flyer is 100am wus $50, I may shop this one.
That makes THREE weeks in a row they've had that stupid Beauty offer on Thursdays (happens tomorrow as well)... i never use them because they rarely work without having the cashier add the miles after the transaction is done.

I'm just getting ready to head out for the day and taking advantage of the email coupon and the loaded offer on both cards for spend $60 get 60 AM. Several things we need are on sale, i have coupons AND they have bonus miles, i should end up with close to 190 miles for a $60 spend on both accounts and I'm happy with that.

I won't be tackling the flyer updates till much later today, maybe not till bedtime (which for me can be as late as 1 am :P )

Here's another way to maximize the two offers (sort of). Use the Mega Miles Pizza coupon. The pizza is on sale again this week for $9.99. Pay for the pizza after purchasing a grocery bag using the 95AM cash offer from the flyer. You will get 25AM for the pizza and 50AM from the redeeming Cash AM offer. Dinner +75AM not a bad deal if you like pizza.
Good idea. I was also looking at the Quaker Granola Bars, 2 for $5. Buy 3 get 15 AM's. So, 4 boxes of bars for $10, get 50 AM's and 25 AM's and 15 AM's. 90 AM's total which brings the cost of each box down to about 25 cents each if I'm doing my math correctly.

OK the sun is shining and that is the only positive thing I have to say. There is two inches of fresh snow on the ground, just what we want at this time of year. No Blue Friday at Sobeys and the offers they do have are pathetic. I think I'll just curl up and read a good book until Spring really arrives.
I was shocked when I woke up in Ottawa yesterday and saw it snowing. Then the freezing rain started so we skipped on over to Ikea in hopes it would stop by the time we were heading home. Nope. Freezing rain had turned to hail and then back to freezing rain. Took the 417 across to the 401 and it was a nasty drive. No one was going over 60 thankfully. Still had our snow tires on, not being removed till Thursday, so that was a plus. Good news was all that crap was left behind by the time we got to the 401. No more rain or snow or hail!
Ottawa sure gets pelted.

I have a Sobeys offer this week on the app, spend $10 on oral care products, get 50 AM! I think I'll do that instead of Rexall. I can always use toothpaste. And buy 1 Dukes smoked shorty sausages get 20 AM, but I have no idea what those are or how much they cost... will have to investigate.

:offtopic: very off topic...but hearing about the weather there. The hubby is gone away to Atlanta for work...and of course there are no direct flights there so they had to do the milk run. He landed in Montreal...and was excited to maybe head out of the airport for a bit as they had a pretty long layover. They ended up not doing anything because the weather was soooo crappy and they didn't want to risk not getting back to the airport in time to catch the flight south.

We had that weather here in Alberta last week. It was NOT pretty. But this week is shaping up to be much better. Hopefully spring makes an arrival soon...we are all soooooooooo tired of the craptastic winter weather

:offtopic: very off topic...but hearing about the weather there. The hubby is gone away to Atlanta for work...and of course there are no direct flights there so they had to do the milk run. He landed in Montreal...and was excited to maybe head out of the airport for a bit as they had a pretty long layover. They ended up not doing anything because the weather was soooo crappy and they didn't want to risk not getting back to the airport in time to catch the flight south.

We had that weather here in Alberta last week. It was NOT pretty. But this week is shaping up to be much better. Hopefully spring makes an arrival soon...we are all soooooooooo tired of the craptastic winter weather

Weather has been crazy in Mtl! Yesterday there was a big car pile-up (crash) on the highway just east of the airport (I live 5 min from YUL) and this morning there’s still over 100K people without electricity in the suburbs because of the ice. The trees did look nice though!

I have a Sobeys offer this week on the app, spend $10 on oral care products, get 50 AM! I think I'll do that instead of Rexall. I can always use toothpaste. And buy 1 Dukes smoked shorty sausages get 20 AM, but I have no idea what those are or how much they cost... will have to investigate.

I did this one today after seeing your post, we have both the Crest and Dukes offers. I was after the Crest but thought I'd check on the price of Dukes since I was there, turns out my store doesn't carry it.

After my lesson last week from my store manager on the colour-coded flyer prices, I wanted to check to see if the "yellow" Crest prices in this week's flyer were going to remain the same tomorrow. Turns out he was incorrect, or partly incorrect at least. Only one of the Crest products advertised this week will remain the same sale price, good until May 4 (or 5). So if you are doing the Crest promo, these prices are still good (below,I believe regular price was $4.99), cheapest Crest product I could find was $1.79 (toothpaste).

upload_2019-4-10_15-35-11.png

Last edited:
Managed to get some toothpaste on sale 2/$5 so I got 4 and got my 50 AM. Good deal and I now have enough toothpaste to last me a year or more (checked the expiry date and it seems to be good for awhile). Forgot a few things, including the Duke's things (not even sure they were available to be honest). Slowly building my AM back up... I would have done better at the store but my head is pounding, I'm not sure if it's all the weather changes or what but my head is just not doing well lately.

I got a similar digital offer for Sobeys, spend $10 on Colgate oral care get 50 airmiles. I plan on using that this week. Not too much in the flyer for the Western provinces.

DS9 suddenly 'needed' a Pokemon book yesterday, so I told him to wait a day or two to see if the airmiles shops would have bonus airmiles on Chapters/Indigo, and today they do, so I will be earning 20 airmiles instead of 2!

Just back from Metro. Bought 4 boxes of Quaker Granola bars (2 for $5). $10 on the nose. Used 95 AM's to pay.
Now, if I'm doing my math correctly, I used the MM coupon for 25 AM's, Metro will give me 50 AM's for using 95 and there are 15 AM's for the purchase of three boxes. That's 90 AM's I will get back (already received the first 40) and that makes each box of bars just over 13 cents.

Just back from Metro. Bought 4 boxes of Quaker Granola bars (2 for $5). $10 on the nose. Used 95 AM's to pay.
Now, if I'm doing my math correctly, I used the MM coupon for 25 AM's, Metro will give me 50 AM's for using 95 and there are 15 AM's for the purchase of three boxes. That's 90 AM's I will get back (already received the first 40) and that makes each box of bars just over 13 cents.

Check the mega miles coupon on the air miles website now. The coupon code is changed and it is now 50 bonus air miles not 25. The coupon code on the 25 bonus miles coupon is 82228, and the coupon code on the bonus 50 air miles coupon is 83929.

Just saw this on Airmiles for anyone whose interested.

la-ronde-2017-main-e.jpg

More views:
La Ronde Ride & Fireworks Event for one (1) - July 27, 2019 (exclusive to Onyx® Collectors)

The Montréal International Fireworks Competition, known as L'International des Feux Loto-Québec, it is eight pyromusical displays that will illuminate Montréal’s sky. This year, the 35th edition will be held from June 29th to July 27th. La Ronde has the best seats in the heart of the show. Firework tickets also include access to rides at La Ronde for the whole day.

Limited packages are available, don't hesitate!

Maximum of 2 tickets per ONYX ® collector.

AIR MILES Item Number: 1331742959
la-ronde-2018-logo.jpg

• 150 reward miles
You will need to mention one of the two people attending (assuming you get 2 tickets). ID required.

Today's sweetest 16th offer is for the Bay and it's also Bay Days so you could get a few decent deals as well!
upload_2019-4-12_0-18-43.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter